+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Really disappointing.

The touch controls aren't completely terrible, but I don't understand why the game is 100% touch. I should be able to use buttons to move, navigate menus, and could do the partner inputs too... Why the fuck can't I hit a button to advance text? Why do I need to tap my screen a million times? This is a text heavy rpg...

And yes, I know the reason why. Lazy ass mobile port with no fucking effort put into it at all. Disgusting.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

good. I needed to save money for other games but I wanted this. honestly I'm happy it sucks lol. now if only Chocobuddy would get here...

I'm confused, if it's touch controls only, can you not play it docked?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

In docked mode, you play with a single joycon thats basically a motion pointer. I haven't tried it yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

That sounds awful

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    In docked mode, you play with a single joycon thats basically a motion pointer. I haven't tried it yet.
    This sounds so much worse than I was expecting this port to be. I knew it was going to be the mobile version, but I didn't realize it was going to be -that- bad. I was thinking of maybe just picking this up when it comes down in price, but now I'm not sure I want to at all.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

wtf? How did they possibly think people would like that? JoyCons as a pointer?

And I remember reading not too long ago this is in a "u buy port if u want new game!!!" situation so RIP this IP.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The controls was the main thing putting me off from trying this but I'm gonna at least try it first before I completely write it off for good. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to adjust well to using the joy cons but we'll see come monday.

I had no clue you couldn't use the buttons still at least to navigate menus and stuff.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I mean, it's not end of the world terrible, but it is extremely lazy.

The OG is still an amazing game, and playing it again is still a good experience. Some people are saying playing co-op solo (use two joycons, one for each character) is really fun.

I haven't tried that yet as I play handheld 99%, but I may give it a try. Point and clicking through menus I should be using buttons for will never stop pissing me off tho.

I would definitely wait for a price drop. This lazy ass port is worth the same as all other lazy ass ports, maybe $20?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I give it a few months tops before it’s $20

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I was finally able to try this out some over the past week. The Joy-Con controls are semi ok, could just be me, but I find doing certain pins with them a pain, such as slash pins, even the slash enemies ones, just takes a lot of getting used to. The pins that requires you to press a certain spot without moving are probably the hardest ones to do on Joy Con for me. I kinda ended up just buying a stylus and playing this in handheld mode instead, so much easier that way. I have a much easier time dodging with Joy Cons over Handheld mode though, could just be me needing to adjust from playing with Joy Cons over Handheld.

The biggest/main reason to play with Joy Cons, imo, is being able to do Solo Co-op, solo coop is disgustingly OP, even if you're not super efficient at controlling both, you just kill shit so fucking fast it makes hard mode feel like you're playing on easy still, and on bosses that shows even more since you absolutely destroy them. I'll probably just try to adjust/get used to playing with both control schemes, handled and joy cons. Also, in docked mode, you can use the buttons to navigate menus and stuff and click through text, etc, whereas in handheld mode you can't, so that's another plus to joy cons that's throwing me off playing in handheld since I got so used to being able to use buttons for things.

As someone who is a big fan of this game and even bought a DS just to play it, I highly suggest waiting for a price drop, its definitely a lazy port. The only reason I can see picking this up now is if you TRULY love the game and want to replay/relive it or have nothing else to really play.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watched the trailer, looks legit.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It also looks very.....budget conscious.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character