+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I just finished this and yea..
    Spoiler: show
    Every time Johnny starts to get his life together the kids do something stupid that ruins things
    And in a sick twist of irony it was his own kid that ruined it after getting through to Miguel on showing mercy

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

We really gotta put spoilers on everything at this point?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    We really gotta put spoilers on everything at this point?
    Probably not lol.

Okay, so yeah. How was no one arrested? We have assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, bunch of other shit. All on video.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Because the show is stupid.

This is why it's harder for me to enjoy and it took me time to realize that.

I can enjoy the boys because it's so fucking wild and out there, this show is too close to realistic that it's hard to swallow the outrageous shit.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also it's insanely predictable.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Not sure if I missed something, but did anyone say that no one actually is being arrested? I'd wager that authorities becoming involved in the whole dispute may become a bit of a plot point in season 3, at the very least for
    Robbie and Tory
    . Granted, there should have been some immediate police response or possibly presence in the hospital, but I doubt that none are involved at all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I like the show, but some of the shit is just plain ridiculous lol.

Random person goes anywhere near Daniel; "Oh you're that karate guy from 30 years ago! You're awesome man!" like anyone can even remember what they did yesterday.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Eh I can sorta see it given he uses it as his marketing gimmick constantly.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Well, and don't forget, the focus was on Diaz, not on police and whatnot. And they are also under 18. I see Season 3 being alot about the morality of both dojos teaching these kids Karate and how they use it. I can see Mama Diaz going after Johnny or Papa Diaz coming in the picture cause it sounds like his dad is like a cartel member or something.

Thats just my guess and I've not seen or heard anything about Season 3, so I could probably be completely wrong

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Well, and don't forget, the focus was on Diaz, not on police and whatnot. And they are also under 18. I see Season 3 being alot about the morality of both dojos teaching these kids Karate and how they use it. I can see Mama Diaz going after Johnny or Papa Diaz coming in the picture cause it sounds like his dad is like a cartel member or something.

Thats just my guess and I've not seen or heard anything about Season 3, so I could probably be completely wrong
    I think the only thing I've really seen is that some portion of Season 3 will take place in Japan.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think it’s probably been said elsewhere but the fact that
    Ali is coming back and she happens to be a doctor is not a coincidence

But yeah season 3 is probably going to focus on the consequences. Maybe Johnny starts a 3rd dojo and at the end they combine with Miyago-Do to take on Cobra Kai.

BG Level

binged the shit out of this over the past two weeks, like basically everyone found it better than it had any right to be. Johnny has some of the best one-liners, you find a chick in a bar, bump into her hard, but not too hard. pretty hard. shit had me rolling. big rumble to end 2 also had some fine fight choreography.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was literally laughing out loud with how outrageous that last episode of season 2 was. I enjoyed all the stuff with Johnny/Danny, but most of those kids were absolutely insufferable.

There's also a lot to nitpick, but I won't because I'm just taking it for what it is. If I could pick one thing specifically though, it would be the "small world syndrome". You're in one of the largest states in the country, but you all keep running into each other at the same time. Like the hardware store, and the restaurant, etc. but again, it's fine for what it is. I'm curious to see where they go with season 3.

I'm hoping Johnny/Daniel will get past their differences and open a dojo together combining everything they've learned for a "superior" form of karate and take down the bad guys.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I'm hoping Johnny/Daniel will get past their differences and open a dojo together combining everything they've learned for a "superior" form of karate and take down the bad guys.
    I was thinking that Johnny would end up teaching at Miyagi-Do for Daniel now that he can't devote time to it without losing his marriage. It would likely take a few episodes, but they've shown they can get along and have a common enemy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wonder if it would be sacrilege to the original movie is a blending of Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do ended up being better than both...

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I was literally laughing out loud with how outrageous that last episode of season 2 was. I enjoyed all the stuff with Johnny/Danny, but most of those kids were absolutely insufferable.

There's also a lot to nitpick, but I won't because I'm just taking it for what it is. If I could pick one thing specifically though, it would be the "small world syndrome". You're in one of the largest states in the country, but you all keep running into each other at the same time. Like the hardware store, and the restaurant, etc. but again, it's fine for what it is. I'm curious to see where they go with season 3.

This is where the willingness to suspend disbelief has to come in to play.

The entire premise from the first movies is ridiculous as is the film if you want to try and "but in real life," it.

It's a show. It's fun. Don't take it too seriously.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh I don't by any means. I'm just saying, the thoughts do pop into my head while I'm watching it. I try to think of it as self-contained.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Well ya. None of this could happen without forcing them into each other.

The most realistic part of the show is the interactions between characters and the dialogue imo.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I will say one of the things that was so silly I loled was Johnny following Krease in stealth mode...in his black-and-yellow-groound-shaking-dodge lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast