FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Maybe if you watched the "clickbait" videos you'd know this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

They only confirmed it today, there were people who said they got it to drop without having a powerful frame in their inventory.

You can't convince me to watch those videos >.>;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There were others that had it drop if they still hand the hand cannon frame in their inventory.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Hrmmmmm.. unless they completed one of their powerful ones this week, doesn't that refute that it needs to be a weekly powerful reward? Or if they were doing the second forge..

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So when Kas posted his image of having all three characters at 650, it got me started on something that I've been working on on-and-off between spending time with family.

I know there have been a lot of complaints about balancing this game for hardcore versus casual players and the power level requirements for BA, especially at release. As someone who has no problems no-lifing this game from time to time, I know my views on this would be biased, but I'm gonna try to temper that a little..

First off, the level requirements in this game should not be tuned to people like me who will do everything possible to be raid ready as soon as it opens. People like me will binge through a week's worth of content in three days to eke out every little power upgrade across every character. However, we're also the people who will keep playing the content for the fifth, fifteenth, even fiftieth time in hopes of a marginal improvement, whereas more casual players will play content once and move on to another game. The game should also not be tuned to those casual players who only can put in 3-5 hours a week because, as we saw with vanilla D2, a lot of those hardcore players want content to chase and will eventually move on to other games.

There needs to be a middle ground, but I personally think Destiny is more or less in that position. My reasoning is the time it took me to hit the 650 cap. The first week of Forsaken, I did all my milestones and powerful rewards and saved up six from the previous week (the powerful gambit and spider bounties across all three characters). Doing all that, I was able to get raid ready and beat the raid the first week. The second week, I was able to get all three characters to 650 only doing maybe half my powerful bounties.

Playing 6-10 hours the first three days of BA, I was able to knock out every milestone and powerful reward on every character. I think playing enough to knock out every milestone on one character is a reasonable time commitment to tune the game around. I was able to get my first character to something like 615 or 618, which was more than capable of completing the first forge both with BG people and a match-made group. If I was a person who only played one character, or a third of my time, I would have been raid ready by week 3, and finished getting my characters to max level by week 4. If we use Kas' timeline as an example, it would instead take 7 weeks to hit max level, which is also not unreasonable. Black Armory will presumably be a 3-month content expansion. There are 13 weeks in 3 months. Even if you only play one character, if you can't get to 650 in that time, that's unfortunate, but the game should not be tuned to you.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

So our PvE sub clan holds the speed run record now. 16min 16s. Haven't done it yet but that seems fucking ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    If I was a person who only played one character, or a third of my time, I would have been raid ready by week 3, and finished getting my characters to max level by week 4. If we use Kas' timeline as an example, it would instead take 7 weeks to hit max level, which is also not unreasonable.
    I think it's fair as well, and I haven't played since BA's launch. I felt a little burned/annoyed that I rushed playing other games to be ready for BA, only for it's content to not be very playable without grinding powerful rewards again. In the long haul of the game, it won't be an issue. But for someone who doesn't hit the game quite as hard, it's pretty annoying waiting for new content, only to have to do more old content in order to do it.

It kinda gave me the outlook of why bother for right now. Figured I'd give the game a few weeks then hop back in and play catch up.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So this happened
    http://imgur.com/oOl6OlK

It dropped to me after boss died in Izanami forge, with pulse rifle powerful frame being completed.

The forge unlock quests are the dumbest fucking quests I’ve ever experienced in this game... why would I even try on multiple characters?

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My black armory bow Spiteful Fang or whatever its name is rolled with explosive arrowheads and archers tempo. Haven't taken it off since.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    The forge unlock quests are the dumbest fucking quests I’ve ever experienced in this game... why would I even try on multiple characters?
    The first two were okay, this new one is bad. I'm on the Fallen/Blight/Jumping Puzzle step. Blight was easy, Fallen takes too many items & seems to be an inconsistent drop (plus Gambit doesn't count for drops), and the Jumping Puzzle is nigh impossible solo.

Got to the end of the Insight Terminus to realize it kicks you upon death...

Cool bungie

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The first two were okay, this new one is bad. I'm on the Fallen/Blight/Jumping Puzzle step. Blight was easy, Fallen takes too many items & seems to be an inconsistent drop (plus Gambit doesn't count for drops), and the Jumping Puzzle is nigh impossible solo.
    I didn't have any issue with the jumping puzzle, you just need to be quick

Also, Breakneck get.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

What were you using to shoot the crystals?

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I also did the jumping puzzle solo, used a hand cannon for the crystals.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had 0 issues on the jumping puzzle my first time through as Hunter. The 2nd time on Warlock was full of fail jumps though. lol

I used a Pulse Rifle for the crystals.

Insight Terminus wasn't bad solo on Warlock since I knew about Extinguish and treated it like a D1 Nightfall. You can stand on some/all(?) of the blocks in the boss area to avoid the Psion Blast things. From there, just focus on adds over DPS. If anyone needs help with it and I'm on, I don't mind helping though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Multiple chances at the exotic bow?

Also, I'm not ignoring your response, Mal, just haven't had the chance to sit down.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So. Yellow Frenchy bow is RNG.
    Just got a 2nd one in Volundur. While doing a powerful frame.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Got a Monarque doing Golfannon for the key and Powerful Sniper Rifle frame. Only the 4th or 5th powerful frame I've done.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy hell, IB at 640 against 650 is a nightmare. People are surviving shoulder charges. I'm shocked I'm not constantly last on leaderboards.