Closed Thread
Page 103 of 150 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I feel it has to have something to do with the special ammo crates (and the sniper). Have we even had special ammo crates like that in the game to this point?

There was just a puzzle that required everyone to use the bow. If they're giving special ammo, it seems logical to me that the next would require the sniper.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am so far behind, but thinking of returning to poke around. Haven't played since Gambit was released, and only for a week then.

This niobe labs "event" is cool but so badly implemented. Gating content behind something like this is sooo bad lol.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It's brilliant from a marketing standpoint. It's getting a ton of attention and there's streams with 20k+ people watching.

And it's not really gated. Anyone can do it. It's also got the community working together to try to solve it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Bergusia Forge will open at 2pm PT.

The Niobe Labs puzzle is still available to solve for rewards, but we've heard your feedback and we will be decoupling the puzzle's completion from unlocking the forge.
    https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1083096220485054464

Lool gg bungie. What a failure of an event

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    It's brilliant from a marketing standpoint. It's getting a ton of attention and there's streams with 20k+ people watching.

And it's not really gated. Anyone can do it. It's also got the community working together to try to solve it.

There was one stream with 30k people watching. Gladd was doing this for 24 hrs straight. Fun? Not really. Marketing? It didn't get me to play it. Ofc everyone is gonna rush to play the new forge and get the exotic sniper asap

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That's super lame...... Outbreak Prime took 40 hours to solve and they didn't cave then when people were struggling with those circuits.......

I like the labs from the perspective of it being a community event, but I do admit it has its flaws -- namely that it was on the calendar which gave the expectation that it would be content for everyone to do. I think it would have been better if it had been a secret like Outbreak Prime. Outbreak Prime was technically available from day 1, but the community found secrets throughout the expansion (like they've been doing with this one) which, combined with one of Bungie's ARGs, started that ball rolling. With this one, you had an event that everyone thought they'd be able to dive into, and while technically everyone can, there's a large and vocal segment of the community that thinks doing anything but shooting is too much in an FPS game (I think nothing is going to top that tweet Kas captured).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Also, a large chunk of the thirteen hours spent on phase 6 was a self-inflicted wound.

Bungie got the point.

Outbreak prime didn't gate a bunch of other content.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47567

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    There was one stream with 30k people watching. Gladd was doing this for 24 hrs straight. Fun? Not really. Marketing? It didn't get me to play it. Ofc everyone is gonna rush to play the new forge and get the exotic sniper asap
    I understand where you're coming from. I really do. Like, I can't even be bothered to do raids. But they put something in that got everyone talking and everyone watching. That's great marketing. You don't have to like the specifics, but it's hardly a failure on their end.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

And like you said, everyone is going to rush in to play now because of all the damn hype. You're totally contradicting yourself.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I think Goth had numbers up near 30k and Gladd is at 30k now. I don't follow many other D2 streamers, so not sure if people like Ninjjy got high viewer numbers.

I'm not effected by this since I haven't played in a while, but I like the idea. The puzzle is definitely a PITA to solve though. These guys have tried so many things I'm not even sure what's left. I bet the solution ends up being simple, though.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I think Goth had numbers up near 30k and Gladd is at 30k now. I don't follow many other D2 streamers, so not sure if people like Ninjjy got high viewer numbers.

I'm not effected by this since I haven't played in a while, but I like the idea. The puzzle is definitely a PITA to solve though. These guys have tried so many things I'm not even sure what's left. I bet the solution ends up being simple, though.
    Teawrex definitely seemed to be pulling record numbers too, not often you see him above his brother (ProfessorBroman), and he was KILLING him in numbers.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah he's at 11k now with ProBro at 3k. I haven't noticed Gigz on my follow list. Not sure how he's done with this thing.

And like you said, everyone is going to rush in to play now because of all the damn hype. You're totally contradicting yourself.

Not really contradicting, I just dont agree that its "Good" Marketing. Good marketing would not have the negativity attached as it is now. If it were not a failure Bungie would not have to pull the plug on it. Yes Hype is hype negative or positive. I guess I should have said good Marketing. That is what I meant really lol. With games like Anthem and Division around the corner, its a bad time to create negativity.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post

Were you watching Gladd's stream like 5-10 mins ago when he froze up? Everyone thought he crashed, but someone donated $1000 and he was in shock.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Not really contradicting, I just dont agree that its "Good" Marketing. Good marketing would not have the negativity attached as it is now. If it were not a failure Bungie would not have to pull the plug on it. Yes Hype is hype negative or positive. I guess I should have said good Marketing. That is what I meant really lol. With games like Anthem and Division around the corner, its a bad time to create negativity.
    Ugh. Speaking of failure hi2u division

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Were you watching Gladd's stream like 5-10 mins ago when he froze up? Everyone thought he crashed, but someone donated $1000 and he was in shock.
    Yeah lol. He was just staring and said "I don't even have words."

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ugh. Speaking of failure hi2u division

Division was in a much better place after a long period of updates. I actually liked Division, but after it took that first terrible turn I moved on. Checked it out after everyone was saying it improved and agree it did, but it was too late.