She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Streaming FF Radio to the PS3/4. How to?

So okay. I got a rather funky problem for you guys.

I happen to like to listen to Final Fantasy Radio when Sis plays a certain Youtube playlist that drives me up the wall; I like using my wireless headphones with that since I can move around some if I have to visit the little girl's room or something like that, and still listen. Used to be, I could use Tunein Radio and stream it from my PS3. The only problem is, the PS3 app has not worked for months; seems they are no longer supporting it. (I get "no internet" errors when the internet is working! Geez loize!)

I've tried my fire stick; that kinda screws up the sound (adds some weird reverb that sounds like someone hitting a tin can). I can play it with AIMP on my PC, but I'd have to switch cables to get it on my wireless headphones and that's a pain in the butt. (Pure HDMI is suspect in my recent video card problem; so I try to just use the DVI to HDMI cord, which seems more stable in most cases. Just that doesn't send any sound to my tv, that's all.)

I do have Universal Media Server on my pc; that tool's site seems to be down atm but thought I'd ask. Is there a way to 'cast that either from my PC or my Android phone to the PS3 or the PS4, thereby bypassing the problem? I do have the Tunein Radio app on my Android phone; I could even do it from there if that'll work.. (It's a Samsung Galaxy S4; I'm thinking about rooting it before too long though.)

And since my TV is older and NOT internet connected far as I know, I don't think that's relevant. ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NVM. I found the problem with the TuneIn Radio app for Fire TV that's eluded me since I got it. Turned out it needed 5 seconds more buffer to not make that TERRIBLE noise.

I'm still sad it's dead on the PS3, and I still think there's got to be another solution to get internet radio on the PS3/PS4 now that TuneIn's basically dead there, but at least I won't be going crazy tomorrow. ^^