Closed Thread
Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ok i'll bite. What diverse and complicated situation justifies buying things you can't afford (at least at the time) that while they may raise your standard of living but is not necessary and may not even be the most cost efficient way of increasing your standard of living? Note random other people convincing you everyone should own a home doesn't count...
    Unexpected medical expenses? We still have people going declaring bankruptcy from medical bills.

Like, situations change, my dude.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That's a whole other can of worms imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    It did, Bill codified it. They created this industry of predatory home loans and non-bank loans. I put this firmly at their feet.

Blaming the cocksucker in the article is like blaming a bull for goring a guy because you opened it's pen and prodded it's ass with a brand.
    Side note does anyone else cheer when the matador gets gored?

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Unexpected medical expenses? We still have people going declaring bankruptcy from medical bills.

Like, situations change, my dude.
    Yeah except that's not what he was talking about and a different discussion... it's also kind of the minority of these situations.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    This is a bit different than home ownership, but I'll point out that this is also by design. The individual refusing to take personal responsibility is one thing (and will always be an issue especially when it comes to extraneous judgement), but I am more focused on the enabler. Nobody is telling the enabler to not give a loan to that individual for an ATV. Rather, it's deliberate to get him into making money off of him in perpetuity. In fact, this is something pushed hard by (American-style) capitalism.

That's a big issue.
    I see your point because I deal with it every day. The most egregious is the husband and wife with 3+ kids who are always late on their bill asking for extensions and what not. They come in with their brand new iPhone and will have 2-3 vehicles with loans (maybe even toys like jet skis and what not) but the second life insurance is brought up I'm the filthy salesperson trying to take their money. There have been over 900,000 GoFundMe for funeral alone and this would never be needed if people did the right thing and bought into themselves instead of leaving the burden of having family members beg to put them in the ground.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hey is this where we get help buying a home

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yes sir i can get you into a mortgage today please pay for my fancy shoes

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

sometimes i see shit like this and i think "man, that could be me making a buck off stupid people" and then i remember i have a soul

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I see your point because I deal with it every day. The most egregious is the husband and wife with 3+ kids who are always late on their bill asking for extensions and what not. They come in with their brand new iPhone and will have 2-3 vehicles with loans (maybe even toys like jet skis and what not) but the second life insurance is brought up I'm the filthy salesperson trying to take their money. There have been over 900,000 GoFundMe for funeral alone and this would never be needed if people did the right thing and bought into themselves instead of leaving the burden of having family members beg to put them in the ground.
    is spending lots of money on a funeral the biggest waste of resources imaginable? just get cremated and spread those ashes at a local park boi nobody wants to see your creepy embalmed self grinning in a very cheap looking expensive casket

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    is spending lots of money on a funeral the biggest waste of resources imaginable? just get cremated and spread those ashes at a local park boi nobody wants to see your creepy embalmed self grinning in a very cheap looking expensive casket
    The short answer is religion (I think). idgi either

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It was $11k+ for my mom's funeral. But she had an insurance policy that paid for ~95% of it. I think I only paid about $800 from my pocket and another $800 from the estate for the police procession + Saturday service.

Mom did go out in a baller casket though. Dad's stuff is paid for, too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

One of clients said she recently cremated her mom and the cheapest route was almost $8K. Seemed really high. Most of what we here in our town is a standard casket funeral is $12K-$15K. It's on my to do list to go to a few funeral homes and get up to date pricing.

Taking off my insurance hat, I can't stand gofundme for anything. I look at it as a form of begging and I do not agree with it, but it's the norm nowadays. Hell, my boss said his kid's classmate did a gofundme to fund a "European Excursion to learn about culture". Motherfucker, that's called a vacation.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When I die, cremate me, throw me in a body of water, and live your life. We are far too afraid of death in this country. Mostly due to Christianity.

BG Level

when i'm dead just throw me in the trash

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i have made my desire to have my body donated to science clear to most people who know me. still haven't done the paperwork on it, but yeah.

stick me in a classroom and let students cut on me. idgaf. maybe ill have a weekend at bernie's. that would be cool.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I don't want anything fancy, just to be frozen in a glass enclosure inside the new carving of my face on Mount Rushmore where I can be viewed 24 hours a day until they find a way to revive me, possibly as a consciousness inside an immortal robot body.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I don't want anything fancy, just to be frozen in a glass enclosure inside the new carving of my face on Mount Rushmore where I can be viewed 24 hours a day until they find a way to revive me, possibly as a consciousness inside an immortal robot body.
    Or you could be Mr. House.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I'm gonna be grinning with my eyes wide open.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

cemeteries are a waste of surface area

may I kindly be dissolved in a pool in Yellowstone

Spoiler: show
    The first thing that would happen is that your body would register that your skin is bathing in waters around 93°C (199°F). It would hurt like nothing you can possibly imagine, but only for as long as your nervous system could register pain, which (fortunately?) won’t be more than a minute or so.

At this temperature, your skin (epidermis) would quickly break down and begin to disintegrate. Your blood vessels within your underlying dermis would rupture soon afterwards, causing a rapid blood loss. Some underlying skin layers, instead of breaking down, will lose all their water and become leathery and blackened. Oh, and your underlying subcutaneous fat would soon bubble off too.

All in all, this is known as a "full thickness" burn, and it would happen in less than a minute in these waters. Your nervous system would also enter a state of shock, and become irreversibly damaged. This would ensure that plenty of your organs would fail, if the extreme heat stress had not already shut them down in the first place.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Shoot my ass into space. Hopefully aliens will find me and turn me into a bad ass super hero or some shit lol.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Shoot my ass into space. Hopefully aliens will find me and turn me into a bad ass super hero or some shit lol.
    Or put you in a hell dimension a la Event Horizon

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast