Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    you degenerates roped in Ksan have you all no shame
    I used to do stocks as a teen. But by stocks I mean gave money to a broker and he took care of everything.

Also this was 20+ years ago.

God I am fucking old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Here goes BB :D
    FUCK YES!!!!! I have more shares than i'm willing to admit in BB. Already made more today than i did last year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unloaded 50% of AMC on this pump and bought another few shares of GME. It looks coiled and ready to pump.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    you degenerates roped in Ksan have you all no shame
    Lmfaoooo we did it BG

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I can't afford gme options at this point, and contracts pay out way more than stocks in most cases...

I think my best chance at gains is to stay in amc options and bail at the right time. Think I missed the gme boat, as far as min/maxing my gains go. A decade of FFXI parsing has prepared me for this moment lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I can't afford gme options at this point, and contracts pay out way more than stocks in most cases...

I think my best chance at gains is to stay in amc options and bail at the right time. Think I missed the gme boat, as far as min/maxing my gains go. A decade of FFXI parsing has prepared me for this moment lol

Just keep my fear mongering somewhere in your head. If there is a crackdown on options trading between now and friday you could get zonked. I am 100% out of options and will take my normal gains from spot shares.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Thinking of splitting the difference and putting $500 in, then tomorrow pulling $500, then using whatever imaginary money I technically never had in the first place and keep it in for the long game.

ie. put in $500 today, if my asset ends up being like $800 tomorrow, selling $500 worth of shares and letting the other $300 ride out this crazy train. That way if I lose the $300, well I never really had it in the first place.
    Keep in mind you will owe taxes on your profits.

Let's use easy numbers. Say you buy 10 shares at $50 for $500. Tomorrow shares are $80 and you sell 6.25 shares for $500 and leave the remaining 3.75 shares ($300).

You made 6.25 x 80 minus the 6.25 x 50 = $187.50, and that is income that will be added onto your taxable income when you file next year.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Or a new set of pots and pans.
    Speaking of Pots and pans, we upgraded to Mauviel, and oh my what an instant quality increase in food:

https://mauviel-usa.com/

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Speaking of Pots and pans, we upgraded to Mauviel, and oh my what an instant quality increase in food:

https://mauviel-usa.com/
    Thanks I'll look into it! How is cooking with steel? I kinda wanted to get into it, but I am hella paranoid since they are usually nonstick (are these ones?). I feel like adding more butter/oil/w/e to compensate may make food taste better, but doesn't help with me trying to fight weight gain during the pandemic.

edit: I do need something though as my pans are 10 years old and their nonstick is halfway gone, and somehow which I still can't figure out, the one pot I like to use for steaming got dented and so the lid doesn't fit on it anymore.