FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    What is it with gamers being in love with the alt-right and white supremacy? Like all the games you play have very heavy anti-fascism and is against all the things the alt-right and anti-PC crowd stands for lol.
    Why are you obsessed with the alt right and white supremacy? You are a gamer yourself after all.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd never call myself a gamer. That's a slur tyvm.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

probably should've thought about that before you played games homeslice

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Singing a few songs doesn't make you a vocalist.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Singing a few songs doesn't make you a vocalist.

Now cut with the trolling outside of spam.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

"I wanted a James Bond movie"

"LULZ U SO RACIST AND SEXIST"

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Do you think you're not getting a James Bond movie?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think people hear "007 is now a black woman" and think Daniel Craig's Bond underwent a sex change and pulled a Rachel Dolezal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if they had announced this before the lil mermaid I would have been on board but now it just seems like they're jumping on the bandwagon

smh head does hollywood have a single original idea left

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    if they had announced this before the lil mermaid I would have been on board but now it just seems like they're jumping on the bandwagon

Technically, this hasn't been announced. It's still sitting in rumor territory and there hasn't been a second source to confirm any of the leak.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post

Clearly they saw what Disney did and jumped on the bandwagon. That's precisely why the character was cast years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Do you think you're not getting a James Bond movie?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    you don't understand

even though Daniel Craig as James Bond will be there as the main character

something about SJWs

Ron Paul 2012

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

That's what you actually read in this thread? Yikes

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post

you don't understand

even though Daniel Craig as James Bond will be there as the main character

something about SJWs
    Preface: My original comment still applies, I'm happy to wait for more information on the movie because what we have is basically meaningless, so please take the following as me trying to understand and explain their position and not necessarily supporting it.

You must be being disingenuous here, or you have no idea what people want from a Bond Movie. Movies are escapism entertainment, real life inspirations can work in movies of course, but its not for every movie, and I don't think these types of themes will work in a Bond movie. Bond movies are larger than life, when you see a Bond movie you're expecting Gadgets, "espionage", Bond being a Playboy, and weird or interesting villains (Milleage may vary), but overall a dumb action flick that doesn't make you really think at the end. Dumb fun, and thats o k a y.

I'm happy to wait and see cause we have no concrete information yet, but I absolutely understand where the people who are immediately upsets are coming from. You cannot possibly deny, that when your pitch includes goes something along the lines of "Bond is replaced by 007 by a strong independant woman who dont need no man and then hes also dealing with #metoo era", people who don't subscribe to Progressive politics are going to fear the worst and assume they've now destroyed this James Bond movie by filling it with Political correctness. They're not upset by "Black Woman", her race and sex is completely irrelevant, they're upset that they want a Bond Movie, and instead *might* be getting a Progressive Politics movie.

Its perfectly okay, and I'd say normal, for people to not want to deal with political bullshit (from either side) in entertainment. Just like nobody wants the "Geriatric Adventures of Indiana Jones and his brittle bones", nobody wants the "Political Correct James Bond in the #MeToo Era".

Worst case scenario for me, TBH, is that i still have 24 other good Bond Movies and they could always just reboot it if it fails. Not like this can permanently ruin a franchise *IF* its bad.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Preface: My original comment still applies, I'm happy to wait for more information on the movie because what we have is basically meaningless, so please take the following as me trying to understand and explain their position and not necessarily supporting it.

You must be being disingenuous here, or you have no idea what people want from a Bond Movie, hint its not "#MeToo". Movies are escapism entertainment, real life inspirations can work in movies of course, but its not for every movie, and I don't think these types of themes will work in a Bond movie. Bond movies are larger than life, when you see a Bond movie you're expecting Gadgets, "espionage", Bond being a Playboy, and weird or interesting villains (Milleage may vary), but overall a dumb action flick that doesn't make you really think at the end. Dumb fun.

I'm happy to wait and see cause we have no concrete information yet, but I absolutely understand where the people who are immediately upsets are coming from. You cannot possibly deny, that when your pitch includes goes something along the lines of "Bond is replaced by 007 by a strong independant woman who dont need no man and then hes also dealing with #metoo era", people who don't subscribe to Progressive politics are going to fear the worst and assume they've now destroyed this James Bond movie by filling it with Political correctness. They're not upset by "Black Woman", her race and sex is completely irrelevant, they're upset that they want a Bond Movie, and instead *might* be getting a Progressive Politics movie.

Its perfectly okay, and I'd say normal, for people to not want to deal with political bullshit (from either side) in entertainment.

Worst case scenario for me, TBH, is that i still have 24 other good Bond Movies and they could always just reboot it if it fails. *shrug*, Its why I dont really care too much right now
    It wasn't really a pitch but leaked info that hasn't even been confirmed yet. Y'all getting mad over hypothetical shit regarding a fictional movie.

Political shit is pervasive throughout all of art and media throughout history, this isn't new. So people should pander to the closed minded people is what you're saying in fear of them being alienated from living their alpha Male fantasy through Bond?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It wasn't really a pitch but leaked info that hasn't even been confirmed yet. Y'all getting mad over hypothetical shit regarding a fictional movie.

Political shit is pervasive throughout all of art and media throughout history, this isn't new.
    Milk you can't possibly of read what I typed unless your reading comprehension is below a 3rd grade level. I ain't mad at this(Specifically, the Bond movie "Direction) at all, I'm entirely neutral on it for literally all the reasons I've said twice now. I just happen to have the empathy to understand where the upset people are coming from. You should try that some time.

So people should pander to the closed minded people is what you're saying in fear of them being alienated from living their alpha Male fantasy through Bond?
    Yes you daft twat. I'm going to blow whats left of your narrow mind, but not every movie is made for you. If you don't want to live an Alpha fantasy through Bond, congrats, don't see the movie maybe? Why shouldn't the epitome of "Alpha Fantasy" movie continue to pander to the demographic of people who want to vicariously live that Alpha Fantasy through Bond?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Milk you can't possibly of read what I typed unless your reading comprehension is below a 3rd grade level. I ain't mad at this at all, I'm entirely neutral on it for literally all the reasons I've said twice now. I just happen to have the empathy to understand where the upset people are coming from. You should try that some time.
    If it don't apply then let it fly. Clearly Y'all was referencing these people who's voices you so desperately needed to help explain to the world. But yeah you're in that camp now too. It's dumb to get upset over. Why have empathy to racism and sexism unless you agree with it. Which you've shown you do in previous threads.

Yes you daft twat. I'm going to blow whats left of your narrow mind, but not every movie is made for you. If you don't want to live an Alpha fantasy through Bond, congrats, don't see the movie maybe? Why shouldn't the epitome of "Alpha Fantasy" movie continue to pander to the demographic of people who want to vicariously live that Alpha Fantasy through bond?
    Or if they don't want to see a progressive Bond movie go watch the other 24 Bond movies in which sexism and chauvinism is running rampant. Like you said, not everything is made for everyone. It's been shown that movies with female leads in action roles do extremely well. These studios will do fine without neckbeards money.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or if they don't want to see a progressive Bond movie go watch the other 24 Bond movies in which sexism and chauvinism is running rampant. Like you said, not everything is made for everyone. It's been shown that movies with female leads in action roles do extremely well. These studios will do fine without neckbeards money.
    Why do you feel so entitled to Movies pandering to you?

You clearly don't want a Bond movie, you seem to hate everything it stands for. So, why are you so uppity and upset and throwing insults at strawman when people who do want/like Bond movies are upset that they're (Potentially) ruining their Bond movie to appeal to people like you, who don't even like it?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You're arguing against the plot of a movie that hasn't even been released yet. Like I said y'all are upset at hypotheticals in a fictional movie.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey don't worry if every argument i made was filled with hypocrisy and logical contradictions I'd move on too. (its why I do it sometimes... though. Nobodies perfect.)

back to square one, "neckbeard mans bad". Would you like me more if I shaved my mustache?

Edit: For the record, you'll get no argument from me on the people legitimately upset about this when we know so little information. I don't think nows the time to be angry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast