+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

All these edits to say nothing? A leak was released about the casting in which 007, a codename, will be given to a black woman yet James Bond, who retired at the end of the last film, will still be in the movie. He doesn't get to bang every woman on screen. Is that really about to ruin this movie that hasn't been released? With leaks that weren't and can't be confirmed. I swear. Loooool

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    All these edits to say nothing? A leak was released about the casting in which 007, a codename, will be given to a black woman yet James Bond, who retired at the end of the last film, will still be in the movie. He doesn't get to bang every woman on screen. Is that really about to ruin this movie that hasn't been released? With leaks that weren't and can't be confirmed. I swear. Loooool
    I edit literally all the time, its a personal failing I do try to work on, but Its probably never going to get better.. one must admit their faults.

Hey i'll leave it open for you if you'd like to answer any of my previous questions though instead of just going back to "Ya'll wild LMAOOOOOO" But if you genuinely don't want too then fuck it, we can stop here.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Literally I only hit "Post" one time and it still double posted because of lag. Fuck yah.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Why do you feel so entitled to Movies pandering to you?

You clearly don't want a Bond movie, you seem to hate everything it stands for. So, why are you so uppity and upset and throwing insults at strawman when people who do want/like Bond movies are upset that they're (Potentially) ruining their Bond movie to appeal to people like you, who don't even like it?
    Imaging being upset over a rumor that they might be changing my admittedly sexist character into one...*checks notes*...less sexist?

Did these people even read the rumor leak? God damn this is so dumb what is it with people self owning their racism and sexism because of casting choices the past couple of weeks lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I edit literally all the time, its a personal failing I do try to work on, but Its probably never going to get better.. one must admit their faults.

Hey i'll leave it open for you if you'd like to answer any of my previous questions though instead of just going back to "Ya'll wild LMAOOOOOO" But if you genuinely don't want too then fuck it, we can stop here.
    Getting to see a spy who doesn't have weird forced sexual relationships with women who were either hostages or somehow forced into servitude or slavery or abused then kissed or having sex with Bond will be a nice change of pace and also be a way to allow more people into the franchise without feeling uncomfortable from the gratuitous sex scenes that rarely, if at all add to the plot of the movie.

That demographic that wants to see that has been shown to be a shrinking one.

I don't have a problem with edits. Your edits just didn't add anything

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Up until the Craig films, that's how I interpreted it.
    This.

</contributingabsolutelynothing>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Imaging being upset over a rumor that they might be changing my admittedly sexist character into one...*checks notes*...less sexist?
    Okay, I'm not arguing from a position of "Right and Wrong" here, and I don't know how to word this, so please understand this is the best i got, and please don't assume I'm defending them morally.

Put yourself in their shoes, based on what little information we know, this isn't Bond being "Less Sexist", its Bond being "As sexists" as he normally is, except now being shunned/shammed for it... Hence, being shot down by 007 and the "#MeToo" line, this doesn't say "Bond is more progressive", it says "The world is more Progressive around Bond and he's a fish out of water"... again, a plot point of Austin Powers(which I think handled it well for the record). I can understand that YOU agree with Progressive politics and you support them 100%, but lets put that aside for a moment and play some reverse logic here. You'd be pretty upset if a movie franchise you love for your progressive world fantasy (Idk, Star Trek?) who's been "Progressive" for 24 installments suddenly decided to 180 on their established MO and go for a more "Far Right", while equally, however vaguely, implying their old ways are being challenged/mocked(for better or worse).

Do you not think if the situation was reverse, the shoes would be on the other foot? Again I can't stress this enough I want to set aside our subjective views on what political party is "Right or wrong" and focus on the situation itself and how you would feel in it. Once you've done that, I really don't mind if you call them Racist or Sexist, hate them etc I wont stop you, but you should at least attempt to understand if you were in their position you'd probably be justifiably upset.

Edit: I also feel once again the need to mention - Yah, you'll get no argument from me defending the people literally "Swearing off the movie" based on this information. I have no defense for that

Did these people even read the rumor leak? God damn this is so dumb what is it with people self owning their racism and sexism because of casting choices the past couple of weeks lol.
    If I had to wager a guess its probably because neither of the labels mean shit to anyone but the far left, "Cry Wolf", etc.

Side note: Who do ya'll see really getting >angry< at specifically the movies casting? I've read back and for real all i can see people getting upset by is the hint that Bond might be getting a "Woke" political agenda.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DoubleEdit: Look, I swear to goodness I'm only hitting post once, the forum lags, It waits like 20 seconds then the page finally loads with two posts.

Edit: May as well make this post useful I guess

Getting to see a spy who doesn't have weird forced sexual relationships with women who were either hostages or somehow forced into servitude or slavery or abused then kissed or having sex with Bond will be a nice change of pace and also be a way to allow more people into the franchise without feeling uncomfortable from the gratuitous sex scenes that rarely, if at all add to the plot of the movie.

Thank you

I don't have a problem with edits. Your edits just didn't add anything
    A lot of the time they simply remove things I feel I didn't express well/flesh out or were "Too mean". Surprisingly, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth being unnecessarily nasty and rude. Necessarily rude/equally rude though, I can ride that horse all day.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Spectre didnt do good therefor the demographics that want to see Bond is shrinking.

Milkman logic.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Lulz I ain't even mad bro

Like, I really couldn't care less about the direction of the film series if they wanted to show a badass female 00 agent.

She doesn't have to be 007. She doesn't have to be a "new, female, hip" Bond. Much like Marvel pandering with Iron Heart, make a character that is good IN THEIR OWN RIGHT and not riding the coattails of a predecessor.

I want a female foil or replacement to Bond. I want her to stand alone from this shit, not be a way to "stick it to sexist asshole Bond". That's what we had M for, until the later Brosnan movies made it about fucking and dick jokes.

What I don't want is a repeat of Ghostbusters.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

what are you talking about

James Bond is still in the film

his codename is given to another because of his retirement and we've already seen that MI6 reuses codenames as when Judi Dench M became Ralph Fiennes M (no crying about that weird)

and again what has you all swearing off the film and moaning about politically correct pandering is a single, uncorroborated, anonymous source from one of the worst tabloids in Britain. it's not the pitch. it's not a mission statement from the writer or director. we know almost nothing about the film other than that everyone attached to it is very talented and the general outline of a Skyfallish premise (threat to queen and country brings a gone Bond back into the action).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    what are you talking about

James Bond is still in the film

his codename is given to another because of his retirement and we've already seen that MI6 reuses codenames as when Judi Dench M became Ralph Fiennes M (no crying about that weird)

and again what has you all swearing off the film and crying about politically correct pandering is a single, uncorroborated, anonymous source from one of the worst tabloids in Britain
    ^^^

This conversation is almost as bad as that one where no one knew how to read a line graph jfc

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Edit: Link Is broke I give up /cry

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

btw here's the one quote on the proceedings i found from the actual writer

There's been a lot of talk about whether or not Bond is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women. I think that's bullshit. I think he's absolutely relevant now. [The franchise] has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn't have to. He needs to be true to his character.
    if that makes you want to run for the hills and ensconce yourself in Sean Connery being kinda rapey with women named Pussy Galore so be it

I like to eat food
    BG Level

What about women named Alotta Fagina?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hasn't Bond "grown up" since those eras though? I mean, if you compare the rapey Sean Connery as you put it to even Pierce Brosnan's Bond, there is a definite visible shift on the treatment of woman in those movies. Maybe not as purely progressive as todays far-left sensibilities, but definitely vast improvements. I think Craig being one of the better examples, though I admit not to having seen Specter.

I'd like to believe people are more worried about the way it'll be handled and how that'll effect the movie (hi Ghostbusters). Though, my views on this can't be used to defend literally every single racists uncle you have on facebook, just wishful thinking i guess?

PS - Still okay with new 007 and the direction this film could take.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Also if you don't think RiRi Williams is a character in her own right you've never read any comics with her.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Imagine being this invested in some kind of continuity in a Bond film.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It's like people going to a Fast and the Furious movie expecting an award-winning plot and realistic physics.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    It's like people going to a Fast and the Furious movie expecting an award-winning plot and realistic physics.
    I mean contextually its literally the exact opposite lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast