+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

never got the nerd passion for retconning frequently rebooted serieses into a single grand narrative as though there were any planning or intention for such from the series creators. Ian Fleming's James Bond is a single person and the movie franchise regularly updated the proceedings with different actors for no reasons other than financial ones.

BG Level

#the Zelda timeline is bullshit too

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

all i know is link became a stalfos

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Off. I'll take being called a racist/sexist now just to get that over with since there's no way in hell I'm watching this.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    #the Zelda timeline is bullshit too
    Honestly the sorts of geography changes we see in Hyrule need a couple million years at minimum dawg. Link and Zelda would be the equivalent of reincarnating Jesus if their mythos could persist that long.

Bond going full PC is so telling of this generation, fuck man

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The judgments being made already just at the news that Bond is gonna have a woman reject him, Sweet Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

But they're not sexist!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Not sexist, but not interested.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you all would have a problem with Bond retiring at the end of Spectre then coming in at the start of this movie and there being another MI6 agent who has taken his place because you don't think it makes sense for agent designations like 007 to be passed on, that's one thing.

But if you are specifically upset that the movie went "full PC" because said replacement agent is a black woman, and would not be upset had the replacement 007 been another white male, then you might want to consider why inclusion bothers you. Like this isn't a Ghost Busters with James Bond being rebooted as a black female. This is MI6 replacing an agent with another agent, which you know can happen.

(Also we saw that M was replaced and her code designation was inherited, so there is grounds for agent designations being passed on)

BG Level

it's p silly to get so bent out of shape not having seen a single second of footage or having any idea what the plot is going to be but guys will be dudes

i'm actually stoked looking into it, didn't realize Phoebe Waller-Bridge was writing and Fukunaga directing. that's a ton of talent Killing Eve is the best spycaper on TV and True Detective Season 1 was directed about as good as anything has ever been directed.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The concept is fine, replacing Bond since he retired is A-okay by me, its an interesting spin on the franchise, I mean, James Bond working together with a NEW 007 unit since he retired, one presumably as skilled as he to earn the 007 title? Count me in, IDC their skin tone or genitals, it seems like an interesting concept. What I would have a problem with - the movie putting aside that wonderful concept in favor of "Getting Woke".

As it stands right now theres 0 to go on for me to make a judgment or get bent out of shape, so I'm not gunna. I'm really hoping exploring the dynamics between Old and New 007 and making a fun movie is their top priority...

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I kinda had hoped it would go to Idris Elba. I don't care if it's female but I wanted a Bond movie. Make this his retirement or passing the torch movie. It really does feel more like pandering and less like legitimate desire to tell a good story.

I'm cautious, but I don't know about giving it a chance until I see some footage.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Charlize recently did a female Bond impersonation and it worked great, but she also played a badass. Screwing chicks, dudes, and kicking ass. That's all people want out of this shit. The fact the words #MeToo were used as part of the sales pitch by the director of this thing already tells you what you need to know about the level of badass you can expect from this coming character.

BG Level

the director didn't say that, the me too quote comes from some unnamed 'movie insider' talking to the tabloid rag The Daily Mail. yall get played so easily smh

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nerds being sexist and racist and jumping to shitty conclusions? I could not believe it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jesus how many of you are gonna self own to be sexist and/or racist?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Eh I'm used to the NPCs at this point.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What is it with gamers being in love with the alt-right and white supremacy? Like all the games you play have very heavy anti-fascism and is against all the things the alt-right and anti-PC crowd stands for lol.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I can't wait to see the new black woman 007 seduce Chris Hemsworth and she pegs him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast