Closed Thread
Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Full step up only rainbow was Lillith and only other Halloween unit was white witch fina. I aint even mad I'm just used to this now... and I actually wanted Lillith

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

my problem with spending lapis on limited units... to make them REALLY useful, you wanna 7* it. That requires 2,... thats gonna probably average out to 2-4 full step ups since we cant UoC them. That strikes me as BAD BAD BAD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    my problem with spending lapis on limited units... to make them REALLY useful, you wanna 7* it. That requires 2,... thats gonna probably average out to 2-4 full step ups since we cant UoC them. That strikes me as BAD BAD BAD.
    JP has a much better system for limited units which was introduced with the VP collab (and later on buffed). It's silly that GL hasn't adopted that yet and we'll see what they do with VP next week....
    Basically they have cheap step-ups for each 5* unit, pool is limited to those three rainbows only and they use the coin system to select which unit you want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lets be clear. I want Lilliths sprite and TMR. I don't really care about her as a unit lol. But yeah hoping 1 day get a mixer too.... so if they had step up for the other banner I'd so do it cause I'd really want Rain/Sakura... also wouldn't mind a bunch of Jakes

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've pulled way more than I wanted to (shocking) the last few days.

I got jack shit on the 7* banners (I wanted another Rem, no rainbows though), did a couple laps of the zarglebargle banner and got him 7* and a pair of useless VoD (already STMR).
    Today, I pulled twice on the GLSak banner (no rainbows), then did 2 laps of the other banner (Lulu 7*, then one each of the new halloween units). Now I have to decide whether to spend another 20k lapis to get one of them guaranteed to 7*.

Also, a 4* ex ticket upgraded to rainbow... gladiolis #9. Get the fuck out, dude. Nobody wants you that much. Recently my other rainbows (in the last few weeks) were Ace #11, Lightning #10, Olive #9, Cloud #8, DKCecil #7, Fryevia #6, Rinoa #5, Eiko #4, Kydia #3, Lulu #2, and a partridge in a pear tree.

And no, I'm not kidding about those numbers. Now I'm doomed to get one more of each by christmas for the full song.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am not at all a fan of this farming event. I have a maxed out 6* sakura chaining with a 7* and it doesn't even do half of the health of the boss on elite of all things.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    I am not at all a fan of this farming event. I have a maxed out 6* sakura chaining with a 7* and it doesn't even do half of the health of the boss on elite of all things.
    Boss has WAY more SPR then DEF, so better to go in with a physical DD then magical.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blew up 14 4* tickets, and 10k Lapis just to get 2 P.Jakes(FUCKING FINALLY) and the 2nd GL.Sakura for 7*.

Fuck trying to get 2 more Jakes- I'm done.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God I hope I get lucky on Jake's out of 4* tickets though so here's crossing my fingers. Started trying out LB farming... it's not as bad as I though it would be. Baetrix might actually get maxed in a somewhat reasonable time frame

Orlandu #2 from a holloween ticket. a

Also glad as fuck the UoC ticket isn't 150k.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Boss has 11x the SPI than DEF. magic is not a good idea.

Not a humble brag but I got 3 Pirate Jake Rings from last year and they’re amazing. I understand why you are chasing it. Tank and healer accessory for me.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

OK and Hyou can clear ELT easily

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hyoh and Hyoh can clear LGD easily...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A single Hyoh is fine for LGD. Just put some undead killer on him. Alternatively, don't bother giving up a slot at all. Just build a strong WWFina. Her big undead killer attack can kill everything in 1 blow, and you can always bring Shiva for DEF break.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How do you gear WWfina to oneshot?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hell with all the innate killers and attack bonuses I bet Lid could clear pretty well too but lol and enhancing her. But yeah just tested my WWF, with hero's rime, crazy day, and world destroyer would do about 70% to the LGD boss and I'm missing bow a few things like I'm definitely not potting and don't have last years Halloween bow. Just using sunbreaker tdh build btw

edit: also jake has a better def break so once I level him more that could help

FML throw the 4* tickets from event at banner to get at least 1 more Jake get Demon Rain and Nichol instead

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Between last year and this year I've pulled 8 fucking Illusionist Nichol and 0 Jakes. My Wilhelm is very sad, and so am I.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Pulled Balthier from one of the MK Halloween tickets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Rainbow, from Halloween ticket: Demon Rain. Glad to get him, but it sucks that he is a useless tank unless you 7* him, hopefully I get lucky and get another one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Phoenix with Raise, target the mobs, and OTKO every round but the boss.