Closed Thread
Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I also got Mediena, although for the time being it looks like she can only chain with herself. I'd kill for a Barb+Kid Rydia combo.

She'd probably make a great closer with Zoblizza or whatever on Fryevia+Reagan chains though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm mostly excited for not having to switch my 1 gengi gloves from my mages and melees lol. Also with rod augments I'm starting to run into mag% caps hard so switching my dual wield to materia while maintaining some so I can put more +mag in accessory slots is nice

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I got an awakened rain frok the half price daily today! Poor chow :/.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think Lexa is a much better chain partner for Barb than Kid Rydia honestly, lack of Aeroja is a pretty big deal. That's one good buff they could've made for GL but nope.

BG Level

I have Lexa but my only partner for her is Shantotto. Honestly either of them would be great because I could use Barb+Lexa or Kyd+William, or use the two of them together, but until they release a 4* ice mage Mediena can only chain with Mediena.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

snes ff2 was my first real rpg and I rented the shit out of it. There is no way I'm not gunna use kydia in situations it would work. Also if I'm actually bothering to use a magic chainer well it's to chain and sometimes trying to do DC finishing

uggg finally looked at it. My ex aileen needs 12 more pot atk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ exactly why I use Beatrix. but you knew that

I wonder, would 3x enhanced TT be able to one-shot (second turn, post-buff) Bloody Moon with a Bahamut finisher?

also, cactuar fusing is something I need to look into. I thought the only reason was to increase the likelihood of GREAT/AMAZING and to preserve space, but I fused a bunch of them together and the total XP was more than they would have been individually, unless I made a mistake somewhere. which I might have done...

edit: maybe I got it wrong? according to gfaqs/reddit you get exactly the same amount of XP from a fused cactuar that you would normally. so either I missed a GREAT/AMAZING or I was wrong about the max XP needed

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I haven't done it either. Part of me says that with all the exp+ items I have, chamber of exp is better than cactuars anyway. But, having capped 7*s right away would be nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fusing them individually gives you more shots at Great and Amazing success and that means all the experience you get is increased. You also have to fuse your higher level cactuar into a lvl 1 not the other way around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    I haven't done it either. Part of me says that with all the exp+ items I have, chamber of exp is better than cactuars anyway. But, having capped 7*s right away would be nice.
    Without chain fusing 100% is better even with only a small amount of xp bonus (think it was only like 100% or something needed to equal while I'm sitting at 4.05 lol). With chain fusing maybe not? Some early math I saw suggested maybe not except during amazing success periods but not sure. Also gotta factor in the ability to more fine tune how much you get to avoid overcapping if you don't need the 2mil xp from a fully leveld cactuar lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

4.05?! how do you get that o.O I'm at 1.6 haha

chamber of XP Pro becomes better (without taking great/amazing into account) at roughly 100%, yeah. according to what I just read while researching this stuff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    ^ exactly why I use Beatrix. but you knew that

I wonder, would 3x enhanced TT be able to one-shot (second turn, post-buff) Bloody Moon with a Bahamut finisher?

also, cactuar fusing is something I need to look into. I thought the only reason was to increase the likelihood of GREAT/AMAZING and to preserve space, but I fused a bunch of them together and the total XP was more than they would have been individually, unless I made a mistake somewhere. which I might have done...

edit: maybe I got it wrong? according to gfaqs/reddit you get exactly the same amount of XP from a fused cactuar that you would normally. so either I missed a GREAT/AMAZING or I was wrong about the max XP needed
    Some quick math says if they are around 1200 mag each (post buff) and the bahamut user is enhanced garnet with +evo materia and it doesn't have a spr buff up it should work but might barely fail if you aren't sparking chaining and hit low randomizer. Though I question your ability to build your esper gauge and deal ice, earth light and dark dmg in the first turn with 3/6 of your team just self buffing.

Pretty easy to survive pre phase 2 forever against it with a decent tank (I used slimy boi) and CG Nichol buffs so no need to go fast. If you want can easily put a charmer in there to 2 turn it or use another finisher instead of 3rd TT as it would likely add more dmg (not to keep tooting DL horn but a fully buffed well equipped DL can 1 shot it all by "itself" if you have a 75% fire imperil and are getting full chain bonus)

As far as fusing you sort of do. You fuse one and it has a chance to get great/amazing. Then you take that one and fuse it into a lvl 1 getting another chance ad nauseum. So your average xp increases drastically the more stages you do than compared to doing them all at once. Think of it as instead of say 10% you have 10% then 10% then another and another etc kind of exponentialish. Problem is it's not 10% unless you talking during special periods

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    4.05?! how do you get that o.O I'm at 1.6 haha
    it's what I've been doing the last couple of months instead of getting regular gear lol. 3 Action materia, 2 growth eggs, that event hat from not long ago and ramuhs xp bonus. Actually got a 4th action in the works but given it's a 3* I figured might as well do this one slower and not use moogles

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hahaha oh my god. I forgot that Bahamut requires esper gauge

althoughhhhhh the theory is still sound, like you said just survive phase 1 for a while and build gauge. or just use DL.

or just skip the whole thing because fuck it, I've got other shit to do and rods will come back in item world eventually (possibly with better rare bonuses). I'm going to focus on Sasuke's Katana instead; I should be able to grab it today if I spend a few NRG pots (which I hoard to the point that I can't accept gifts because of them, so I'm fine using some)

also I missed that xp hat sadface.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's pretty easy. I opted to do TT chains and DL finish using beach fina to charm lol... but the plan was also to have beach fina do the esper that next turn on the finish and accidentally killed. And yeah you almost out of time for this round of augments . I need to finish up some myself

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post

it's what I've been doing the last couple of months instead of getting regular gear lol. 3 Action materia, 2 growth eggs, that event hat from not long ago and ramuhs xp bonus. Actually got a 4th action in the works but given it's a 3* I figured might as well do this one slower and not use moogles
    Same. My final Action is ready, I had two of him I was going to fuse to make it faster. Fast forward to yesterday when they reached the magic number, for some reason I can't fuse them since the system thinks they are in my Item World party. I can assure you, they are not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    Same. My final Action is ready, I had two of him I was going to fuse to make it faster. Fast forward to yesterday when they reached the magic number, for some reason I can't fuse them since the system thinks they are in my Item World party. I can assure you, they are not.
    Item World copies all of your standard parties so they actually are in your Item World setups. Or at the very least they were when the game created those setups and it glitched out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So been looking thru units and holy fuck Barusa is way better than I thought after enhancements. So few units with physical cover and provoke and it's the only 1 with mitigation on provoke and the only cover tank with 50% draw attacks besides Charlotte. Niche uses but if you can do a 100% evasion build can be pretty awesome. Of course 7* will destroy that if we ever get there

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got a Blue -> Rainbow transition today

It was a Queen

BG Level

Enhanced Queen can one-shot just about anything with an elemental weakness with the right weapon if you have all her bonuses activated.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

apparently she's a fantastic 7*, who can chain well too

IDK, she's no Beatrix