Closed Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm expecting 7* release to coincide with 2yr anniversary in a month. There's CG Nichol and now apparently a star ocean banner, and they'll probably do some kind of father's day banner or some other dev choice or *maybe* even nier rerun. Star saving your pennies!

I've got too many 7* DPS, and finally got my basch dupe off this banner. Now I just need a healer. Ugh!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Star Ocean is not confirmed yet so let's not get carried away by other announcements It's now a strong possibility because of the GL release but we'll see.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

so if our 7* system follows JP.... a single dupe will set you up to 7* the unit? and a second dupe 100%'d will set you for super tmr? is that correct?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    so if our 7* system follows JP.... a single dupe will set you up to 7* the unit? and a second dupe 100%'d will set you for super tmr? is that correct?
    I think it's one dupe to get you to 7* and 2 more to STMR. So 4 total.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yep, need 2x for 7*, 4x for STMR. For 7*, you turn the spare 5* base unit into an awakening material, then awaken the 6* unit to 7*. For STMR, you enhance the 7* with the 2x 5* base units, or you can enhance the 7* with another 7*. There's a couple of things to note with the process though. JP has quests that award UoC tickets. 10 of these allow you to pull a single 5* of your choice that isn't a limited time unit. For this reason, if you're going for the STMR, you would be better off creating two 7* units and enhancing one with the other to progress further in those quests. You'll need to max both of the units to 6* and pay the three mil gil to awaken the extra to 7*, but it may be worth it.

Also, when enhancing a 7* unit for the first time with a 5* base, you gain a 50% all TMR Moogle. With this in mind, some opt to use five units to get an STMR instead of four. You do this by awakening two of them to 7*, enhance one 7* with the fifth unit, then enhance the other 7* with the 7* who just got enhanced. This ends up with you getting the STMR and 2x 50% all TMR Moogles. Not the best use of a 5* unit IMO with the new Mixer feature, but it's an option if you're swimming in a particular unit.

You can check this reddit guide for a more detailed step by step.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People awaken two units to 7*s due to the special missions not the moogles alone. They'll eventually add new mission for certain things and among these there's some requiring a certain number of 7* awakenings with UoC tickets as rewards. So if you're trying to get a STMR you should awaken two units and fuse that way to get further on the special mission.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFIV coming this week and both 5*s have been buffed: Kid Rydia can dualcast her Esper abilities while Kain can now chain with Lila. Also two enhancement batches this month with King's Knight and FFXII (Zargabaath, Ashe, Rasler, Xiao). Ray Jack can now chain with Sephiroth. Next 10 man, Scorn of Intangir and Iron Giant trials also confirmed.
    Maybe King's Knight is the returning collab but that game is dead so...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

C'mahn Zargabroooo

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tossed a few tickets into this tank banner. Got my second Merc Ramza. My first 7 star ready tank lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh please let Zargabro's enhancements be good. He carried me at the start \o/

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Oh please let Zargabro's enhancements be good. He carried me at the start \o/
    I'm hoping for some really solid enhancements. He can be built in so many different ways, but his buffs are the main attraction IMO. With CG Nichol coming this month and Zarg being in the 2nd batch, I'd bet Nichol will come out followed by Zarg's enhancements the following week. He'll need to compete to some degree with Nichol, maybe not overtake him completely or anything, but compete to some degree. My biggest complaint with Zarg is how he has buffs ranging from 2-4 turns. Makes it annoying to cycle them since you'll always be missing something.

Hopeful wishing:

DW built into Imperial Commander or one of his other passives, extra stats and %
    Word of Law damage/duration/damage reduction increased
    Hero Crest reduced to 3 turns, made AoE, maybe 110-130%
    Archadian Light increased to 5 turns, more (all?) ailment immunities added

With 7*s around the corner, toss in W-ability and I don't care what else he'd get, he'd be a beast. The great thing about Zarg is all of the above could be ignored and he'd still likely get solid enhancements. Boost his evade/counter stats so he excels there. Make Rejuvenate provide an HP shield and/or more MP, or even AoE it. Boost Bastion to 70%. Make Safety ignore 3+ fatal attacks while providing more stats. He could go so many ways. I'm pretty excited to see what they do with him.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I wonder if they'll ever do anything to let us enhance Limit Breaks as well.

I know eventually they add an Item World where you can enhance weapons and armor, enhancing Limit Breaks seems like the next logical step in power creep. Either that or adding new rounds of enhancements and then giving +3 and +4 to the originals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever do anything to let us enhance Limit Breaks as well.

I know eventually they add an Item World where you can enhance weapons and armor, enhancing Limit Breaks seems like the next logical step in power creep. Either that or adding new rounds of enhancements and then giving +3 and +4 to the originals.
    Most of the 7*s enhance Limit Breaks through passives, usually those activated by equipping that unit's TMR. These can vary from huge boosts to damage modifiers to toally new effect (Loren gets light imperil and a full break, Ayaka gets 100% MP recovery, etc.). This is on top of the usual upgrades due to the new awakening jump.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Prepare to get Rayjacked.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm still not sure if I should be glad that Ray Jack was one of the only 3 total banner units I pulled on that King's Knight banner.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

King's Knight Raid rerun confirmed for Friday as well, no moogles in the Raid summon it seems. Guess this confirms Nichol for next week.

Edit: Individual rewards are not getting reset this time... wtf Gumi :/
    Edit2: And they decided to not buff Rydia apparently. Just announced on Twitter that she won't get the ability to Dualcast in GL (until 7* that is if they don't change that).

Got Barusa the first day last time then didn't pull the rest of the banner. Wont even pull once on this and skip the raid completely.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Don't mind the re-run raid too much since we also have the IV event going on as well.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also the canceled the global Rydia buff of DC Esperabilities. You know, the one they announced yesterday in their video.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

She got two other buffs instead: Rod Mastery (new) and something to do with her fire Esper ability. This ability was locked behind another in JP so maybe she gets the Balthier treatment.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast