Closed Thread
Page 95 of 153 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In the two years I've been playing I've only got one limited 5* as well, Yun. Got him the first time trying to get ling, which failed. Didn't get a ling until the 2nd run of that banner and I got a 2nd Yun as well. Have yet to use either one. Fun watching these machine mobs melt using Olive. That's some impressive damage. Think I might actually upgrade mine just for the hell of it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I picked up a pair of Christine's, both on dailies. I also have GLSakura and Rico. I pulled a little for both. I use the tmrs from all 4, but I love sakura the most.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lol this raid boss. had my tornado team setup already and I was feeling lazy so I'm like, I'll just bring an Olive along to finish.

tornado chain killed it LOL

I have one limited 5*, 2B. who, oddly enough, is the premier raid-killer (so many machine raids lately)

still on semi-hiatus but that machine killer accessory is something I do not want to miss down the line, gonna grab that at least

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If anyone is interested in this strategy, I shared a suitable Cedona.
    I saw your but noticed you have 2 pure white blessings on. That's kind of way overkill on refresh. Single raising only averaging like 7.4 mp per turn so rotl procs probably enough but for just refresh with that 210 mp would only need a single 5% (3.5% really but that doesn't exist). DC in one of those slots would be better assuming the person who is using it has 2 DDs to be able to use especially if they chain

edit: Oh yeah you see they for the 3 time in a row gave us a bundle that was worse than vault of lapis?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The $48 bundle is just slightly a ripoff but the $12 one works out as about a 25% bargain.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

47.99 one is worse than our last 47.99 one and that one was dog shit.

Avoid this one. The 11.99 one is... as he said okay. Not great but not as insulting as the last few.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I mean if you consider straight buy vault of lapis as the base line of good or bad sure. Most people only use it as a set reference point but how good the actual deals are based on other deals since doing vault of lapis is kind of a no go for a lot of people

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

I've only ever chased one limited off the top of my head and that was the Nier event which netted me 2 2Bs. That banner was hailed as the second coming of rngesus and I did pretty well on it. I've pulled WKN and Christine from dailies, curiously on day 1 of their respective introduction events. I burned a few tickets getting Tillith/Ling but I was lucky and didn't have to blow a lot of resources on them. Fayt and Rena both came from blowing 4 star tickets on their banner trying to pull all the Fidel I could. Pulled 4 Fidel eventually but only 2 were from those tickets too.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Tilith was a big lesson for me. chased hard and did not get her (thankfully I didn't spend much $). then down the line I got Ayaka and CG Fina, and I was like... wait, why did I chase Tilith again?

the only unit I didn't chase that I regret is MS Nichol, but I was on break during his banner so :/

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I cleaned out the Chow banner and Nier but at some cost. I got GL Sakura x2 on back to back pulls but never saw Demon Rain or Dracu Lasswell. Christine I pulled from daily on the very last day of her banner but never saw WKN or Kryla. Managed to get Kaliva on the rerun of King's Knight after missing him the first time, but never Ray Jack.

I think the Brave Frontier collaboration has been my unluckiest banner. One Tilith and Karl, but no Elza, Vargas, or even Seria.

And, of course, 4 Fayts and 0 Renas in something like 280 pulls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God some of those old limiteds are really starting to bite me. Like every limited 5* I've chased I've gotten (though funny enough I put everything I could into DQ and still didn't get 1 of the 3*s and 1 of the 4*s) though blatantly didn't try on some like this one and star ocean but man I literally can't get the best mag accessories feels bad as does not having all those Nier stuff even the non 5*s. And Kryla man she's just kind of insane. Major feel bads knowing you can't even get a lot of things that are bis

in other news cheesed omega and yeah seems weird things happen when you have extra units alive and all of a sudden -100% chance to be targeted is not 100% anymore lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I mean if you consider straight buy vault of lapis as the base line of good or bad sure. Most people only use it as a set reference point but how good the actual deals are based on other deals since doing vault of lapis is kind of a no go for a lot of people
    They compare to the vault of Lapis as a baseline value and take into account the other items in the bundle. Being able to buy a vault or not is irrelevant to the value of the bundle compared to other bundles, since they can be compared together. You’d get more Lapis buying 47$ worth of Lapis and all you’re missing out on is 15% trust and a single 4* ticket. If you buy the 50$ one outright you get 8.500 Lapis.

The 47.99 one is the worst 47.99 one we’ve ever gotten. Judge it however the heck you will based in that info.

The 11.99 one is roughly middle ground in terms of value compared to other 11.99 ones.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh shit I did get another 5*, how could I forget Fayt? he's Beatrix's lover

Managed to hit 120million with sephiroth and OK chain capped by 2 Olive's. Man this is fun. I'm under 10k rank points atm. I've never been down this low before. Prolly wont stay here but it's nice to see. Was kinda surprised to see you can convert 5* units to prism's without having a 6* version of it. Was s rolling through my list and ramza popped up and I've only got 1 of him.

Prolly going to get Marie's stmr sometime this weekend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    They compare to the vault of Lapis as a baseline value and take into account the other items in the bundle. Being able to buy a vault or not is irrelevant to the value of the bundle compared to other bundles, since they can be compared together. You’d get more Lapis buying 47$ worth of Lapis and all you’re missing out on is 15% trust and a single 4* ticket. If you buy the 50$ one outright you get 8.500 Lapis.

The 47.99 one is the worst 47.99 one we’ve ever gotten. Judge it however the heck you will based in that info.

The 11.99 one is roughly middle ground in terms of value compared to other 11.99 ones.
    Yeah I kind of said the first part with less words. I know how it works. Anyways I wasn't saying can't buy vault more like most already consider that a bad deal to begin with so it really is more of a judge deals to deals or often the percent above baseline

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah I kind of said the first part with less words. I know how it works. Anyways I wasn't saying can't buy vault more like most already consider that a bad deal to begin with so it really is more of a judge deals to deals or often the percent above baseline
    I'm okay judging them value to value, wish they'd start trending upwards instead of a steady downward spiral >_>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Only limited units I have is: Ling (my first rainbow too...), 9S, Tillith, and Rena.

Kinda hoping we get another shot at Dragonlord with the DQ collab, as I got addicted to his finishing potential. And a finisher 7* Dark Fina is not.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

https://youtu.be/g3eUN9yB8Hc

Pewpew

As I mentioned in Discord, DON'T JUDGE MY SHITTY FREE MUSIC!