Closed Thread
Page 116 of 153 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

MAG is easy to cap, yeah. Capping both MAG and ATK at the same time though is the challenge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Probably, but I think it depends on the enemies Defense vs spirit.

Either way, I'm a little shocked that they're having a hard time 300%'ing Fryevia. She comes built in with 90% Magic boost if you've enhanced her. +150% from 3 Letters and arms brings her to 240%, Slap two Ring of The Lucio's on her for 300%. If you don't got two Rings, two of those Titan accessories are baller and offer +10%HP, leaving her just 20% Magic short of cap which I hope you can get from having enhanced her Sword during Item world, if not theres a few body armors and head armors that would offer +% Values though if you're going for an attack balance I'd recommend Brave Suit (+15% Atk/Mag from Ramza)

I should see what I can do with my Fryevia these days.
    I think it's less hard than hard doing it while also getting a decent amount atk. This whole thing was predicated on decided some 30% mag vs 30% atk... by the time you are having that discussion you've already chosen 40% atk over 10% more mag (ie nature loving spell blade and adventurer over letters and arms)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    question: if you lose 30% mag but gain 60% ATK, is that a net benefit? I don't really know how hybrid modifiers work or much about Freyvia at all
    It's a huge it depends.

First you got the spr vs def discussion which someone alluded to. Not only do monsters often have highly different amounts (with spr usually being the lower one) but also might be vulnerable to 1 break but not the other. And speaking of breaks your strongest breaks might be only 1 of those stats at a time which could make a difference.

Another thing to factor is how the offensive terms are squared. So assuming you are trading 1 for 1 (obviously not in this case but to get the point) even with same def and spr you are going to get more out of stacking 1 higher than the other. To put to some easy numbers think of it like 1^2+3^2=10 while 2^2+2^2=8

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Went in with 2x Dark Fina, each with 1700+ MAG, got a feel for the fight pretty quickly. Its hits are weak and it relies entirely on its massive breaks, so either bring someone with status down resist or Bushido Freedom (I did the latter). Even with MAG boosts and Tornado chains the Finas were only doing between 3-5% depending on how much its debuff was. This is a very long, very repetitive, very easy fight, but one I'll have to repeat because what I didn't know is that its Big Release/Release All moves (which again, are very weak and if you've dispelled its breaks/put up some damage resistance will barely hurt) also inflict random status ailments. Basch got slept and everybody died to its physical attacks.

Now that I know to bring some ribbons/Discernment I'll try again.
    If you are quick you could have your healer dual cast a cure/raise and then dispelga your team. Also dispel is probably preferable to stat resist breaks also include some strong resistance down too. Could probably get away with an AoE status protection for everyone but your provoker. Shouldn't be too hard to fit on someone not doing much on none esper turns. Gunna give it a try myself as soon as finish my Mediena's TMR. 98.5 argh. Only 1 Dark fina though so guess I'll have to Rinoa to chain with since I need to borrow a tank

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

10+1 Ticket: Nada
    16 Ex tickets: Loren
    11k Stepup: Nothing at all
    25k Stepup #1: Awakened Rain (Pull 1), Eiko (Pull 3), Hyou (Pull 5)
    46 Tickets + 17 4* Tickets: DKC #4, Squall, Dark Fina, CG Lid #2, Hyoh #2

Went way too deep for the tickets, but I didn't want to tap into more lapis, incase we get a surprise Nier.

Not sure if I want to use UOC on a second Awakened Rain, or wait for Cloud, Elfreeda, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got 2x Hyou from the 11k step-up :D First came on Step 3, the other on Step 5.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

WOOOOOOOOOT! Was so sure I wouldn't get Hyoh, but just like Raegen, Step 5 put out!

Gonna have to UoC him in 2 weeks, but it'll be worth it!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got 2 Hyou in 18 tickets!

Spoiler: show
    High Volume as usual for my phone videos.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Blew 18 tickets as well. 0 Hyou.

Decided to do 11k step up.

Rainbow animation on Step 3.

Double Rainbow!

Ace #3, Zarg #4.

Step 5, gold animation.

3 Rainbows.

Merc Ramza #4; Hyou x 2.

I was about to take a break prior to that, hence why I blew my tickets. Oh well.

Been holding onto a 100% moogle in case I ever get noctis. Decide to use it on Hyou. And who do I get for my next rainbow? That's right motherfucking noctis. Nice long sigh of after I saw him pop up. Spent everything I had and got shit from 11k and 25 tickets ( 10+1, 6 4* and 13 3*. I know I shouldn't have but I got some lapis. Ended up with 2 hyou, noctis, a rain, VoF, baltheir #3 and Roy #2.

Hyou set and lead. Maxed lb and almost fully potted. Using tonitrus atm while I continue to work on flame blade agni.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I did the 11k lap and the final pull gave me 2 Hyous.

Life is good.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

48 tickets. along with first 4 steps (cause im broke)

0 hyou, 0 rainbows, 9 ludmilles

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Salty. 11k and 75 tickets; Prompto, Luneth, Squall

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Full round on the 25k, 40ish tickets. Got 1 Hyou on the final step, was absolutely expecting Rain with the crap luck at that point. I did manage a couple other rainbows, but nothing I really care about. Got two Aileens, a second Loren, and completed Ramza's STMR. Due to the STMR and the 50% moogle from story, one of my two Tterras has her TM ready now.

My Hyou is nearly completely geared, just missing, oh I don't know, another Hyou. Also his LB is sitting at 20 right now. Will more than likely UoC him in two weeks unless by some miracle I pull a second on dailies.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Managed to pull 2 Hyoh's somehow with very little effort or lapis...
    1st was going thru my stock of EX tix, gold turned to rainbow on a 4* EX and out popped Hyoh. WOW.
    2nd was just doing some 4* and 3* ticket pulls and a gold turned rainbow and out popped Hyoh #2. HOLY CRAPSHOW!

Was a pleasant surprise at 4AM this morning while my brain wouldnt let me sleep after losing my job yesterday after 12 years of service. Silver linings i guess?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    1st was going thru my stock of EX tix, gold turned to rainbow on a 4* EX and out popped Hyoh. WOW.
    2nd was just doing some 4* and 3* ticket pulls and a gold turned rainbow and out popped Hyoh #2. HOLY CRAPSHOW!

Was a pleasant surprise at 4AM this morning while my brain wouldnt let me sleep after losing my job yesterday after 12 years of service. Silver linings i guess?
    Sorry to heat about your job, but congrats on the rainbow luck!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post

I'd say you've earned a Hyoh more than any of us here.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

haven't decided if I'll go for Hyou or not. I don't like spending money on this game (though I do occasionally) and I'd almost certainly have to; I have no stash

still, why not spend my two tickets?

ticket 1 -> rainbow (!!!) -> SBDF #3

LOL can't even be mad, I want her STMR so bad and now I'm almost there

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did 1 full lap through the 25k step up and got luneth loren and hyou. I'm not totally sure if i feel like it was worth it for only 1 hyou.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Well, it's a wonderful day for rainbows now. The only downside is that they are all shit lol

After 5 steps, Kunshira, and x2 Nameless G. Jake lol

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Well, it's a wonderful day for rainbows now. The only downside is that they are all shit lol

After 5 steps, Kunshira, and x2 Nameless G. Jake lol
    well, Kunshira's TMR is awesome for hybrid units...?

yeah I got nothing I'm so sorry