+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Disgusting is that people don't like it and they're being snuffed out. User reviews are being closed, websites reporting that they're just "review bombers."

Shit's stupid. Plenty of people didn't like the idea of this.

WHICH VERSION DO I BUY?
    Evee is the only choice here.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Plenty of people didn't like the idea of this.
    But if they didn't like the idea, and haven't played the game, do they have a right to review?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Gamers can be just the worst about reviews.

I care more about reviewers who focus on these two categories:

1. Does the game achieve what it set out to do and follows through on its advertising?

2. Do those who find #1 appealing end up actually enjoying it?

Reviewers who focus on, "I WISH the game was like this," and, "I can't handle change," are completely useless. No one can tell whether the game is worth it to them based on those reviews.

For those latter people, go cry on reddit and places like BG about your childhood being stolen, and leave review sites alone for those that can do the former.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    or, hear me out here, not all people want the same thing. and some even want the new things tried to be good instead of bad.
    If this shit was titled as a main line game, then the hate would be would be more justified. However, when taken as a whole, the game is objectively not bad. People are writing off the game completely without trying it, solely because 'it's not the game that it never sought out to be'.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If people want to be mad about something, get annoyed by Mew being locked behind a paywall.

Cause that shit is pretty whack.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If people want to be mad about something, get annoyed by Mew being locked behind a paywall.

Cause that shit is pretty whack.
    Also, apparently, you can only get Mew once. If you decide to start a new game, you cannot claim it again. I'm not sure if you can trade it to another person or not.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I personally have been at odds with the games. Black and White was the first time I really liked a story for these games and then it seemed after that it just went way downhill. The games became so damn easy, even more so than the past. Literally every trainer had like one Pokemon and you could just easily mash A and kill everything with your starter. I tried sun and moon and didn't like it but managed to finish it, when I got ultra sun and moon I felt scammed because it was almost the exact same game and I didn't finish it.

I don't mind the catching mechanic in this game but not having abilities or items is a huge dislike from me. They literally just took away from the game for no reason, abilities and items only added to the game to make it more interesting/fun.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    They literally just took away from the game for no reason
    Except they've very clearly stated that there is a reason for dumbing the game down, over and over again.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    If this shit was titled as a main line game, then the hate would be would be more justified. However, when taken as a whole, the game is objectively not bad. People are writing off the game completely without trying it, solely because 'it's not the game that it never sought out to be'.
    that's fair I just think it's a leetle beet silly to take the position of 'you have to like this game and the direction it takes or you're a worthless neckbeard'. this is, by design, the shallowest, simplest version of Pokemon ever released (I guess kids are getting dumber since I managed Blue just fine at 8) and at its core it's a $60 remake of a decades old game. and stuff like no pro controller support and paywalling Mew just isn't defensible.

I concur the swath of angry entitled gamers who will never touch the game scorching the review sites are silly overgrown children but there's enough substantive 'eh' here that it's p legitimate for series fans to go with 'that's gonna be a no from me dog' and hope next year's release finally delivers on what they've been waiting for.

BG Level

but I'm not the type to tell people to not enjoy the things they enjoy so let's end with some Dunko

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Except they've very clearly stated that there is a reason for dumbing the game down, over and over again.
    I've never seen them say that? Only see apologists defend them constantly by saying its to include more of a demographic into the game (idiots who can't understand anything more than mobile games.) People were clearing these games just fine as 8 year olds, when it was first released.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I've never seen them say that? Only see apologists defend them constantly by saying its to include more of a demographic into the game (idiots who can't understand anything more than mobile games.) People were clearing these games just fine as 8 year olds, when it was first released.
    The market is over saturated with tons of shit that people can go to if they get frustrated and don’t understand something. Not many people will put time and effort I to understanding mechanics of something difficult these days.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    that's fair I just think it's a leetle beet silly to take the position of 'you have to like this game and the direction it takes or you're a worthless neckbeard'.
    To clarify just my position on it, I did not say that, though admittedly I didn't specify 0's until my edit but I did specify the 0's only. I didn't say you have to like it or be a neckbeard, I said that the score of 0s its getting are from salty butthurt neckbeards. I'm sure there's plenty of justified mediocre/sub par reviews on that board from people who played it and it wasn't their fancy which is fine. Not liking it is fine, review blasting it with 0's likely never having played it cause it dared to change a stale, nearly two decade old formula, and wasn't your idolized return to Kanto is another.

There's a difference between "not my taste" and "Salty neckbeard rage" is all I'm saying. If you hate it cause it dares change something and include a "CASUAL" mobile game mechanic and isn't the same shit you've got for 2 decades and decided to "shove it to Nintendo" by giving it a 0 on a review board, you might fall under the latter.

If you're just like "over all meh change, I prefer the old way" and moved on with your life because its just another Pokemon spin-off title and its not like its ruined the entire damn franchise by dare attempting to appeal to a broader audience, you're probably in the "Not my taste" category, aka perfectly rational human being.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm really enjoying the game so far!

A couple of things though that are annoying me a bit.....

Pokeball controller. It's accurate for the most part, but the occasional "throw going the wrong way" happens which is annoying.

Catch rates. Today I was building up a Combo Chain on Jigglypuff in order to farm Health Candies. On Chain 38, I encountered one Jigglypuff that, despite the Green colored ring, kept popping out of every Ultra Ball I threw at it. It eventually ran away, breaking the chain. Also, Pokemon you send over from GO are extremely difficult to catch in Let's Go. I sent a 0/0/0 Hitmonchan to Let's Go in order to catch it just for the Dex entry.......it took me 20+ Great Balls and 5 Ultra Balls to catch it over the course of 3 different encounters. Needless to say, I was extremely annoyed.

Other than those issues, the game's graphics and music are beautiful. Very well done by Gamefreak & Nintendo. I'm hoping the Gen 8 port to the Switch is equally as impressive, minus the Pokemon Go style catch/exp mechanic.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

dunks really is the best

also, anyone going to get into shiny hunting? i tried my luck in the ghost tower and found a shiny gastly after about an hour of comboing. i might go back and look for a nidoran male for shits and giggles.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So the consensus seems to be the game is okay to good but being hamstrung into motion controls is really bad. Is that correct?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

3M+ Copies Sold WW over the First Week of Sales
    https://www.dualshockers.com/pokemon...vee-3-million/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I dropped PokeGo a long time ago but I saw my bf's nephew playing this over the week and it looks like so much fun, I'll totally get it someday when I get a Switch lol.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I dropped PokeGo a long time ago but I saw my bf's nephew playing this over the week and it looks like so much fun, I'll totally get it someday when I get a Switch lol.
    I just got the Eevee switch bundle for my husband as a late birthday/early Christmas gift and we both play Pokémon go a lot. He seems to really enjoy it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I was never really interested in Pokemon Go at all and was so ready to just hate everything about these Let's Go games when they were announced, but after watching a lot of these played, I am really glad I never really openly mocked these or anyone interested in getting them because they look like a lot of fun and I hope some things from these games make it into Gen 8 (mostly just the Pokemon being visible all over).

I would still prefer to be able to fight random Pokemon over just catching them (which I can't imagine they'd change in the Pokemon game next year) but being able to just see all the Pokemon wandering around in the grass and stuff is really great.

Either way, these games looks like a lot of fun for newcomers to the series or people wanting to relive some nostalgia from gen 1.