+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced at GamesCom that there will not be a new AC title released in 2019. He said that Origins and Odyssey were being developed simultaneously and feedback from fans on Origins helped shaped future development for Odyssey. He stresses Ubisoft plans to release content for Odyssey on a regular basis for the next two years. He says the decision to stop the AC yearly release cycle to reinvent the series with Origins was risky but ultimately believes it was worth it.
    I'm very much OK with this. I have played just about every Assassin's Creed title, but I'd rather have a better, longer game every 2 years (or 2 in 3) than a shorter, more hastily put together game.

Any word of the side quest system in Odyssey? I hated the one in origins as it was basically just a few templates x 100. I gave up on the game pretty quickly and I normally 100% them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Those who purchase the AC Odyssey season pass will also receive ACIII Remastered. ACIII Remastered can be purchased as a stand alone title, if desired.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People still play this series?
    Doesn't even feel like AC anymore, but a new IP that they just want to boost sales for...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I stopped playing after AC4 when they killed their multiplayer. AC multiplayer had a high learning curve and was not newbie friendly at all but was deep as shit if you stuck around long enough. People have said the most recent AC is worth playing but I've been out of the game long enough where I don't feel particularly pressed to support Ubisoft anymore.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    People still play this series?
    Doesn't even feel like AC anymore, but a new IP that they just want to boost sales for...
    Unity was the only real stinker in the series, and that was all on launch bugs/issues. It’s fine now. But that botched launch almost torpedo’d the franchise.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah I didn’t play Unity until it was polished up but I enjoyed it. I liked that they added gear slots other than weapons, and I really like that they gave enemies health bars again. AC3, Black Flag, and Rogue were all just combo them until you perform the kill finisher, then chain the finisher to everyone around you.

I think Origins was a good change/improvement to the formula but as soon as I saw Odyssey I rolled my eyes because you could just tell it was Origins with a different skin. I’m sure I’ll buy it, I’ve gotten every AC to date so whatever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Yeah I didn’t play Unity until it was polished up but I enjoyed it. I liked that they added gear slots other than weapons, and I really like that they gave enemies health bars again. AC3, Black Flag, and Rogue were all just combo them until you perform the kill finisher, then chain the finisher to everyone around you.

I think Origins was a good change/improvement to the formula but as soon as I saw Odyssey I rolled my eyes because you could just tell it was Origins with a different skin. I’m sure I’ll buy it, I’ve gotten every AC to date so whatever lol
    Can you expand on the unity polish? I didn't know anything about this.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Will this game be as good as Black Flag?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

cant wait!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Can you expand on the unity polish? I didn't know anything about this.
    I believe at launch it was really buggy and had performance issues, especially on PC. It was fixed eventually but a lot of people complained. Another reason I’ve never bothered with the PC version of any AC game.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Will this game be as good as Black Flag?
    I think it’s gonna be more in line with AC: Origins, personally. I imagine your enjoyment of Odyssey will be dependent on how much you enjoyed Origins. I could be wrong though.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Didn't play Origins.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well you can pick it for probably $30 new if you want to try it out. I enjoyed it. Felt like AC/Witcher 3 hybrid style combat.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hm

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reviews I’ve seen have been a mixed bag. Everyone is in agreement that the world is HUGE and very beautiful, perhaps too big for it’s own good. I’ve read about AI behavior criticisms and extremely shallow side quests. In contrast, the main story is reportedly very good, with excellent voice acting from the main characters. The mercenary system has been called, at best, an interesting feature and at worst a very poor imitation of Shadow of Mordor’s Nemesis system. It sounds like this game has tried to be Assassin’s Creed, Witcher, Mordor, and Arkham all at the same time, never really being exceptional at either.

I will probably still play it as I’m a fan of the series, but I’m a bit more cautious on this and don’t think I’ll be getting it on release with Red Dead Redemption 2 so close behind. I might try to snag it on a Black Friday sale.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can you be a pirate?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This series peaked with Black Flag.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Can you be a pirate?
    Yes. Well, a pirate for that age. Your character is a mercenary in the Greece vs Sparta war and you can choose which side to support. Or you can attack both. That includes being a pirate and sailing the Aegean Sea doing pirate things. There are sea shanties.