Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I guess i'm in the minority that enjoyed the present-day storyline with Desmond, even the AC3 bits although they were quite confusing to those that weren't familiar with the lore of some of the characters.

That being said, I still think that they should have picked it up and kept going, not drop it and turn it into a 1st person nightmare of random employee #752 --> literally cutscenes only in Syndicate --> some random chick --> god knows what they're gonna do this time. I really thought they were going back in the right direction after Syndicate, but I guess they decided to turn it into a shitfest again unfortunately.

All of that could still be excused if they kept moving the Assassin/Templar storyline further. The last game showed the origins of the brotherhood, fine. But no Templars really. Now this game predates all of it combined, so I'm confused how it's even called an AC to begin with. Feels like the series as "assassin's creed" is dying and is being replaced by some witcher 3/far cry hybrid. At this point? Just take the AC name off and call it something else.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Desmond's dad is pushing the new storyline.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS4 > XB1

1X > Pro

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kassandra is so damn beautiful. Like I have to remind myself sometimes it’s not a real person.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still need to finish origins but I am enjoying this more so far. Went with kassandra because I read she was the "canon" story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Still need to finish origins but I am enjoying this more so far. Went with kassandra because I read she was the "canon" story.
    How so?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    How so?
    Hard to explain without getting too spoilerish, but the sibling that you don’t choose to play as gets another role in the story. The consensus is most people enjoy the story with Kassandra in the player character role rather than Alexios. As far as I know Ubisoft hasn’t confirmed one is canon over the other.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There was an ama months ago

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...or_of/?sort=qa

Q
    For people not interested in the multiple choice aspect, will there be a definitive canon story and can this be played? The novel suggests so with Kassandra as the true character but is there any way to know the “right” way in game?
    A
    Yes there will be a canon represented in the novel. It features Kassandra and her journey. But in the game you decide your path , there is no right or wrong way.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well color me surprised, neat. Glad I picked her too, then.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man. Just got to Athens last night and it is fucking gigantic. I’m only in chapter 3 of the main story and I’m 15 hours in, and the game is still introducing new mechanics and systems to me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hunter spec looks broken as fuck. The amount of damage you can pull off with the right engravings and gear is absurd.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Is this one much better than Origins? I'm trying to get through Origins and I'm struggling to be interested in the story/characters, does it get better at a certain point?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    Is this one much better than Origins? I'm trying to get through Origins and I'm struggling to be interested in the story/characters, does it get better at a certain point?
    I personally didn’t care for Origin’s main story all that much, though I really liked Bayek and Aya as characters. If you like the gameplay of Origins I think you would enjoy Odyssey, IMO it takes the playstyle of Origins and improves on it quite a bit. Odyssey’s main story is a bit more appealing to me so far, and it also features conversation choices very similar to Witcher 3, with branching storylines and supposedly nine different endings.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you are signed in playing as a member of Ubisoft’s U Club, you’ll get a few free benefits. You’ll get a small bundle of crafting mats and money, as well as unlocking Medjay male & female crewmate skins. Probably the best perk though is unlocking Evie Frye from AC: Synidicate as a ship’s liuetenant. She is a legendary rank which will give you a free achievement/trophy right away.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s a funny video but I can honestly say I never had any of that happen to me while playing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Aight so I still haven’t finished it (Hurricane Michael derailed me for a few days), but I’m 45+ hours in and still not finished and I’m throughly enjoying it. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s my favorite AC since Black Flag and if it finishes strong, it might surpass it.

Mid game spoilers here:
    Spoiler: show
    The addition of the mythological stuff is something I really enjoyed and even actually makes sense in the AC narrative. I literally said holy shit when a seemingly amusing quest chained from one to another that ended up with me going one-on-one with the Cyclops. Then navigating the maze of the Minotaur before facing it. And solving the riddle of the Sphinx! Supposedly Medusa is the final mythological boss I have left to go, but she is in a level 50 area and I’m not there just yet. Atlantis as a precursor city? I fucks with it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't cared about the series for awhile now, but heard enough good things about this one that I jumped in. Really glad I did, because it's a damn good game.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm buying this next Monday. P excite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast