1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is it better to use Pitch Perfect at 1 stack, or 3 stacks?

Sod's law is against me here, if I purposely save 3, I'll hardly get it. If I use it at 1 stacks, I seem to get lots of stacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think it matters how many stacks you have. You might want a DRG, SCH, and AST.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As I'm currently leveling Bard myself, this is something I'm curious about too

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Isn't the question supposed to be at 2 or 3 stacks?

It's been a while since I read about this, but I believe the general rul of thumb was if you can get your crit rate above 60% to use at 2 stacks if not use at 3 stacks.
    In case of dungeon pulls, the general rule of thumb is: if you got more than 4 dots up on the mobs: use at 2 stacks.

Unless something changed in the recent months on BRD, it is never good to use at 1 stack unless you're on your last tick of Minuet. The above rules of thumb are for limiting the risk of "double procs" fucking your 2 stack into a 3 with a wasted 4th proc.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks, I just also googled this "guide" and read up more on it. I'll try to adjust according to my crit.

On opener I'll use it during two stacks frequently if I have a DRG and a SCH during chain and litany. Another thing to consider is how many OGCDs you're going to be hitting pretty soon too if you want to use it. Also if I have 1 stack and another tick is coming soon and i'm about to use empyreal arrow I'll use it and then do empyreal arrow. (Or the other way around if I know I have more than 1.5s before the next tick happens)

Just a fair warning bard really isn't a fun class to play if you don't have a meta comp. Like the DRG actually giving you the tether and having a DRG and SCH for crit at the least. Otherwise you're literally just spamming heavy shot and fishing for procs and playing MCH would probably be more enticing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I definitely noticed that Bard gets a lot less frantic and a lot more "heavy shot spam until I need to re-apply shit" when I hit level 64 and my 2 dots jumped from 18 seconds to 30 seconds each.

Out of the 3 songs, which should I prioritize using? On big pulls I do Mage's Ballad and spread Caustic+Storm bite to get Rain of Death procs, but what about just bosses and higher-HP mobs? Mages and Wanderer's seem pretty even and Paeon seems fine but the lesser of the two given the lack of a new attack to use. But then 16% haste is nothing to scoff at either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

General wisdom is...

Single target: WM > MB > AP
    Multi-target: MB > AP > WM

AP gets a lot of shit, but if MB just wore and you have a lot of DoTs still up, you can probably get to 4 haste stacks really quick and spam the hell out of Quick Nock.