+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    It may actually be a reskin in this case though as that video I believe is comparing the other mobile game that the company made.
    There are some people pointing out that this new Diablo is just a reskin of Netease "Crusaders of Light".

Also this is the lineup to play the demo at Blizzcon.

https://imgur.com/a/02F13bm

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    There are some people pointing out that this new Diablo is just a reskin of Netease "Crusaders of Light".
    Out of all the things to complain about on this bullshit app this is the dumbest one. I'll reiterate: nearly every single loot n scoot or MMORPG released to android/ios in the last year or two has used this exact interface. Of course it's going to look like they reskinned it, it's industry standard because it's the only one that fucking works. As someone who has played dozens of mobile games over the last few years I can attest as to why this interface style has become the standard. This isn't news, it isn't shocking to anyone who has been paying attention. It's the least concerning thing about this entire debacle.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

DII remaster when

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Out of all the things to complain about on this bullshit app this is the dumbest one. I'll reiterate: nearly every single loot n scoot or MMORPG released to android/ios in the last year or two has used this exact interface. Of course it's going to look like they reskinned it, it's industry standard because it's the only one that fucking works. As someone who has played dozens of mobile games over the last few years I can attest as to why this interface style has become the standard. This isn't news, it isn't shocking to anyone who has been paying attention. It's the least concerning thing about this entire debacle.
    You're part of the problem.

Not quite sure if serious...? This has been a weird day.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh please. People who have a hard dick vendetta against mobile games confuse me. They're great when I'm not at home, aka a lot of the time these days. The problems arise when companies decide to create mobile games and eliminate all other development. Bringing nothing but a mobile release of Diablo 3 the pre sequel to Blizzcon was the problem, not the creation of a Diablo mobile game in itself. I'd rather play most of the more quality mobile games out there for an hour or two during downtime than the rash of horrible MMOs that have been being churned out the last few years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was excited but then I read Kotaku's preview.

Its a reskin of the ARPG games Netease has been putting out. Hard pass.

Oh please. People who have a hard dick vendetta against mobile games confuse me. They're great when I'm not at home, aka a lot of the time these days. The problems arise when companies decide to create mobile games and eliminate all other development. Bringing nothing but a mobile release of Diablo 3 the pre sequel to Blizzcon was the problem, not the creation of a Diablo mobile game in itself. I'd rather play most of the more quality mobile games out there for an hour or two during downtime than the rash of horrible MMOs that have been being churned out the last few years.
    I like mobile games, too, but I'm also not ignorant to them basically WoW-cloning themselves in their own ways, too.

I mean, look at Exvius, Alchemist's Code, or numerous other titles that have come and gone, they're either outright predatory on the mandatory P2W or not meant to be longer term games once content starts getting grossly repetitive or ages past its initial vision. And while I can understand the "This is the best UI for the job!" argument, my counter is simply, "And it's still an abysmal control scheme compared to keyboard/mouse or controller." And if people think the variability of PC reqs are bad, the phone market is probably going to be way worse with this likely requiring a device made within the past year or so when it finally releases. As someone who had to recently get a mediocre "upgrade" because I can't run on a contract plan that includes more recent phones and had more recent games constantly crashing out due to poor RAM/memory, the thought of blowing $500+ on a phone would much rather guide me toward updating my PC or getting a new fucking console.

In the end, my simple question to Blizzard would be, "Who asked for this?" I haunt the D3 OF begrudgingly enough to know that if it was ever brought up, the idea was pretty much a worst case scenario hypothetical with no sort of sweeping fan movement requesting it. Reddit was probably similar, if not even more harsh to the concept. Other fan sites? Likely the same. One simply can not convince me that Blizzard was not aware of the community's desires with want of a D4, a D3 expansion/DLC, a major D3 patch or two, D2 remaster, or heaven forbid, even a fucking World of Diablo on PC. Instead, they pull back the curtain to reveal a collaboration within a highly unregulated medium. This was not pandering to fans or truly respecting them as customers, it reeks wholesale of executive bumbling and likely hoping to cash in before mobile markets see more regulation and integrity.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I think it being a reskin is a valid complaint. Blizzard isn't some tiny shlump chinese game company that just wants to spew out some typical mobile ARPG and are too inept and idea barren that they copy what's working. It's blizzard, a company that has enough resources to hold a convention dedicated to themselves. Something truly unique would've been less insulting. Look at FFRK or FF:BE. Shit, Fire Emblem Heroes is just Fire Emblem but at least the graphics are charming and different. The graphics for this is just the pc graphics -1.

The games success really depends on the customization but even then it's being panned to absolute shit by their longtime fans. And I don't think normal mobile gamers will really care about another recycled ARPG that they can piss around in for two weeks till they get bored because it's just like the last one. Yes, I'm upset but I'm more disappointed and sad

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It will ultimately be at a disadvantage from the start just for being tied to Diablo 3, which is completely reasonable seeing as how shallow Diablo 3 ended up being in the arpg space, and the mobile game will no doubt be even worse. Like I said though, if they had put effort into their D2 remaster/remake and had that to announce with the D3 mobile game, it would have been far less of a shitfest. Overall this Blizzcon was completely awful for every game that Blizzard has on the shelf, ironically enough Diablo actually presented more than almost any of their other IPs. If it weren't for Warcraft it would've been an absolute disaster, and some would argue that it still was. Like I said, I still don't care that the UI is the same as other mobile games because trying to control the game in any other way than this would be a nightmare from personal experience, so I won't be getting mad about that. As much as I love Dragalia Lost, its attempts at trying to reinvent the arpg wheel for mobile games feels phoned in and rubbish, with the controls being an awkward mess to handle most of the time. Even with recent changes to make it more wieldy it still feels bad sometimes. The actual content of the game remains to be seen, and that will be the tipping point for anyone who still cares about Diablo 3 at all. The real question is, will they take this opportunity to implement the RMAH again since it will presumably be a freemium game...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Blizzard certainly left the door wide open for Lost Ark to come into the PC market for this type of game. We'll see how mobile pans out, but as someone pointed out before, this isn't meant for the hard core fans, which really do want the next D4, but those are the only people that go to Blizzcon, so I don't envy their position of pitching a game not meant for that audience.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow, what a total fucking disaster.

Thanks Blizz.

I'm just chortling at those that think Lost Ark will be anything but another Korean grinder MMO. That, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and so on, more or less chase that same "Diablo Killer" status that other MMOs have been trying to do for WoW and just wind up dropping the ball somewhere, and oftentimes it's listening a bit too much to the hardcore base.

Otherwise, I just want a D3 offline mode patch with mod support. If Blizz has given up on the game, let the fans "fix" it in whatever way they see fit.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I watched the gameplay load out and yah if you’re complaining about it being a clone that’s a bit tarded. Calling it industry standard is an understatement. That type of scheme is just a no brainer for a mobile platform due to where your hands will be and keeping the screen free from as much clutter as possible while still providing information to the player. Though they could have at least made he health bars a bit more like the old games with the health orb though.

I wouldn’t mind if they Diablo’d it up a bit in terms of UI design, that seems a little lazy but the layout and button placement aren’t, don’t fix what isn’t broken, will just hurt your game if it’s worse and that layout is the result of many failures from other places.

Either way, that’s just the mobile market , if it looks bad to you it’s cause it’s not for you. Though I do agree “Who asked for this”. Not I.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If its not for the people at Blizzcon, why show it at Blizzcon, on the final panel slot of the entire event? Sounds a lot more like "we'll pay you as part of the contract to show our shit last" and a lot less like "we're super excited to show this off to everyone at Blizzcon and at home as the big reveal."

At this point, Blizzard and Activision are fully merged into their final form. They are one, single entity. The Merged Zamasu of PC gaming.

Nobody is saying what they've done won't be profitable. It will be. Stupidly so. They'll dump MTX all over it and make a mint. They're a business, not your friend. Its a great business move.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Unfortunately, they are going to make a shit ton of money off of this. The vast majority of people complaining will still, at the minimum, download it and give it a shot. All the randoms out there will fork out some cash for those mobile horadric cubes, and then some. All while Activision sits back and laughs as they turn a monumental game series into a shameless cash-grab.

now I'm just waiting Squeenix to announce VII remake is almost done, and it's coming to an android or iPhone near you

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Path of Exile ... chase that same "Diablo Killer" status ... wind up dropping the ball somewhere ...
    Pretty ignorant to include PoE in this considering many arpg fans would argue that PoE is the bonafide Diablo killer. Unless they come out with something amazing for Diablo 4, Diablo 3 doesn't come close to competing with PoE atm.

And yet they recently sold off to a chinese company, too.

Frankly, I find PoE doubled down on some of the worst aspects of the genre alongside jumping onto the micro-transaction wagon. This is by no means me saying D3 is exquisite and without flaw, but I've yet to be able to play PoE for over a week each time I've tried.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    If its not for the people at Blizzcon, why show it at Blizzcon,
    How the Bigtitty Diablo Hentai fuck should I know why they're so dumb lol. I'm just talking to you guys not the Blizzcon crowd.

You're pretty spot on about Activision Blizzard Fusion being complete though, my guess is some contractual obligation because I don't see how they couldn't possibly know this was going to be a shitshow. Mobile games are notoriously unpopular to ignorant assholes who hate them cause "CASUALS" extremely well informed PC players, which was like 99% of their crowd. Especially since Diablo 3 is six years old now and people apparently really want a Diablo 2 remastered.

Anything but a mobile Presequel is what I'm saying. They HAD to know it was going to be a dumpster fire.

Still going to make bank I bet.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they even gave a hint that there was 2 HD or 4 coming it could have been ok, but cockteasing people that new Diablo news was coming and then dropping this? Oy.

Bonus points that it's basically just a rebrand of an existing Chinese ripoff of D3 and not even an actual Blizzard game.