+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I think it's been pointed out that witch doctor doesn't appear to be in it because there's nothing like it in the game that is being reskinned.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'm just chortling at those that think Lost Ark will be anything but another Korean grinder MMO. That, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, and so on, more or less chase that same "Diablo Killer" status that other MMOs have been trying to do for WoW and just wind up dropping the ball somewhere, and oftentimes it's listening a bit too much to the hardcore base.

Otherwise, I just want a D3 offline mode patch with mod support. If Blizz has given up on the game, let the fans "fix" it in whatever way they see fit.

I've seen and played my fair share of KMO grinders, and Lost Ark has more content, at release, then most games far into their life cycle; at the end, every game is some sort of grind, due to players far out-pacing developments ability to create content. It's not a Diablo/WoW killer; Blizz effectively killed Diablo PC for mobile gaming, and WoW will always be king of it's genre, but we're talking Diablo here, and I frankly don't really care that they did. I got a hell of a lot out of D3, and they'll get more people to play it on mobile then they ever did on PC, but for me, I'm looking towards what's next.

If Blizz had developed Lost Ark as the Diablo 4, people would be creaming their pants right now, but even D4 won't make them as much money as a Diablo mobile game will. In some ways I think Blizzcon has outlived it's usefulness since only PC Master races go there now, but the company has expanded outside of that base. This is just the best example we've seen so far.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If they even gave a hint that there was 2 HD or 4 coming it could have been ok, but cockteasing people that new Diablo news was coming and then dropping this? Oy.

Bonus points that it's basically just a rebrand of an existing Chinese ripoff of D3 and not even an actual Blizzard game.
    This completely. The sting of this bullshit would've been more than tolerable if they at least just rushed some nonsense Diablo 4 title banner out and put a tongue-in-cheek "Soon TM" underneath. Fans and gamers are fine with waiting for releases as long as we're given something to hope for. Currently, we have nothing to hope for with the Diablo series and we havn't for a long ass time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, in latest interviews they're saying they still are working on other diablo projects, but they just weren't ready to be shown. Take that as you will. But yeah, at this point even only showing a logo of 4 or 2HD would at least redeemed this train wreck of the event a little bit.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You're pretty spot on about Activision Blizzard Fusion being complete though, my guess is some contractual obligation because I don't see how they couldn't possibly know this was going to be a shitshow. Mobile games are notoriously unpopular to ignorant assholes who hate them cause "CASUALS" extremely well informed PC players, which was like 99% of their crowd. Especially since Diablo 3 is six years old now and people apparently really want a Diablo 2 remastered.
    The thing is, I don't want to be right. It doesn't feel good saying "I told you so!" from my castle of glass. It pains me every time I'm served another dose of the reality that these companies care only about profit and maintaining that veneer of PR bullshit. What truly bothers me, though, is that you can have all of that seedy corporate side and still have the ignorant masses on your side. There are myriad ways they could have smoothed this over.

They could have taken the Nintendo route with Metroid and shown a single screen teaser of Diablo 4 on the back of this stupid(ly profitable) release, with a real guy on stage talking to the audience like fucking adults. A simple "we know the reputation of Mobile games out there, but 2 points: we won't screw it up... and this isn't the only Diablo product we're working on! Look forward to it!" and boom, you've reshaped the narrative and turned a sour note for a lot of people into a "well I didn't get it THIS time, but I KNOW it coming" feeling in people.

Blizzard is stupid. Very stupid. They throw out the whole "we have multiple projects in the work" bullshit line, expecting people to read between the lines and confirm that its Diablo 4 as well, but this is the same company that is known to cancel projects at a whim if they aren't working well in the background. If D4 is one of those "multiple projects" in the works, just FUCKING SAY IT. You instantly transform a negative moment into a hopeful future moment. Instead, they serve a plate of shit to the customer, then act surprised that the customer in their face isn't happy about it.

TLDR: All people needed to see were literally the words "Diablo 4: To Be Announced!" in giant letters in a scary red font, and this would have been smoothed over.

If you are not "ready to show" a literal screen with the words Diablo 4: come back next year for more info" on it, you have the competency of a week-old child.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well you’re not wrong. They probably didn’t bring up “not screwing it up” cause frankly they’ll probably screw if up. I cannot fathom how Diablo will work on mobile especially F2P

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Like Dragon's Nest M, Lineage Revolution, or Flyff M

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    In the end, my simple question to Blizzard would be, "Who asked for this?"
    I used to be down with this reaction, but as I've matured, I don't feel that way anymore. If all companies ever did was make things that people asked for, there'd be little innovation or growth. Who asked for Overwatch? Who asked for the Thanos event in Fortnite? Who asked for Doom on Switch? That reaction can be applied to so many things.

That's not to say I'm defending their decision for mobile Diablo or calling it innovative, but they obviously saw an opportunity. Will it blow up in their face? Their core crowd, which lets be real, is a minority in the grand scheme of things, specially in the mobile space, won't be down for it. But as for the larger audience out there? They'll likely love it and Blizzard will profit. Here's to hoping they don't use those profits to churn out more mobile titles and they continue to invest in their core audience to keep their IPs relevant and loved.

Can't really fault a business for going for profit. I can't imagine being a game dev and turning away mobile game profits. It may be sickening to some (even most), but it's the reality we're in. Investors and share holders won't back you for long if you're not constantly growing, and with the mobile space blowing up as it has, I'd imagine there's a massive burden on AAA devs to get in on the action. As long as they don't forsake their larger PC/console based products, I don't mind them dipping in for a share of the pie.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I think it's been pointed out that witch doctor doesn't appear to be in it because there's nothing like it in the game that is being reskinned.
    Or they are avoiding prominent black characters to pander to china. Apparently Tyrael is back to being faceless in a hood too lol.

Well, the rub is that this is just the perfect storm of bullshit. We're 4 years post-RoS. We're over a year past the last major patch. D3, itself, suffers from mixed reviews and multiple iterations with people favoring different portions of that history. The past few Blizzcons have had little to no Diablo news. We'd been promised more communication, but got squat. We got the nebulous "multiple projects" line, which led into the list of what people really wanted, with even speculation toward things like a Netflix series. A lot of people tired of the bullshit of micro-transactions, the nickel and diming it confers, the minimization of content, the coercion to buy into what it is present if you want to stay current/competitive, and the overall lack of market regulation the field so desperately needs to cut back on all the predatory cash grabby nonsense.

Make a good game and people will buy it. It's a pretty simple concept, but one that seems to be lost today in the chase for maximum profit. You don't hype the hungry and desperate Diablo fans up like this, only to pull the rug out from under their feet with the one thing no one asked for. There is a time and a place to experiment to innovate. This was not that time. I agree with others in the assertion that this would have been better received if was not the crown jewel announcement of the presentation, but instead a lead up to a bigger reveal. But it wasn't. Blizz shit the bed and they still want us to crawl in and snuggle. We simply have not forgotten the prior facts. This is not how you claim to be in touch with your community. Other factors like the president recently stepping down further suggests that things many not be going too well behind the scenes. The thought of business politics "killing" the franchise is equally undesired. As well, the whole, "You think you know what you want, but you don't!" hubris in gaming needs to stop.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Or they are avoiding prominent black characters to pander to china. Apparently Tyrael is back to being faceless in a hood too lol.
    This. Can't have blacks in media if you're going for a global audience. China makes money. Africa doesn't.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://imgur.com/gallery/iT4K79T?s=sms

I’m going to leave this link here.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Press Release
    Blizzard Entertainment today unveiled the next game in the storied Diablo franchise, Diablo Immortal, a mobile massively multiplayer online action–role-playing game for Android and iOS devices. For the first time ever, Diablo players will be able to answer the call to battle on their phones.

Six iconic and highly customisable Diablo character classes will be available in Diablo Immortal—Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard—each with new powers and abilities, with more playable classes planned for future updates. Designed to be a living, breathing, and constantly evolving experience, Diablo Immortal will regularly introduce new storylines, new playable character classes, new loot, and all-new challenges—which you can face side-by-side with your friends . . . or foolishly choose to confront on your own.

Players will have many opportunities to meet and socialize with other demon slayers while wandering the wilds of Sanctuary, or while conducting less-dangerous business—like upgrading gear, crafting items, or forming groups before setting off on their next adventure—in the city of Westmarch, Diablo Immortal’s sprawling central hub.

In their quest to cleanse Sanctuary, players will embark on all manner of thrilling expeditions, including taking part in dynamic events across unique public zones, and hacking and slashing their way through instanced dungeons. From the peaceful town of Wortham to the ancient Library of Zoltun Kulle to the suffocating jungle island of Bilefen, players will explore familiar vistas and until-now undiscovered corners of Sanctuary.

Diablo Immortal is a collaboration between Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase Games, who in addition to having developed some of the most successful mobile games in history, have been a longtime partner of Blizzard in China.

‘Diablo Immortal takes the series’ dark, gothic fantasy world of Sanctuary and inimitable Diablo gameplay, and puts it in your pocket,’ said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. ‘With their incredible passion for Diablo and proven mobile expertise, the development team has spawned an ultra-responsive and breathtakingly beautiful mobile game, and we can’t wait for players to get their hands on it.’

The transition from mouse-and-keyboard or controller to mobile touchscreen device was designed to feel completely natural, intuitive, and fun in Diablo Immortal. Directional controls make it easy to move heroes around the world, and activating a skill is as easy as holding a thumb down on a skill to aim, then releasing it to unleash hell on your foes. And reinforcements are always only a tap away thanks to the native Blizzard Battle.net UI designed specifically for Diablo Immortal, which allows you to chat and form groups with ease in the middle of the most frantic battle.

This new chapter of the blockbuster Diablo saga takes place between the end of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and the beginning of Diablo III. Leading the invasion of Sanctuary is the demon known as Skarn, Herald of Terror—Diablo’s most powerful lieutenant—who now rallies a new demonic army. Skarn intends to gather the fragments of the corrupted Worldstone and use them to resurrect Diablo.

Those eager to join the fight are encouraged to visit diabloimmortal.com to pre-register for special rewards and be among the first to experience Diablo Immortal. Pre-registered players are eligible to participate in future beta tests and earn in-game rewards, as well as receive news and updates.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Witch doctor must be on vacation or something.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/iT4K79T?s=sms

I’m going to leave this link here.
    I lol'd

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio
    This message has been deleted by .
    Bliz got sway here too?! ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Witch doctor must be on vacation or something.
    Prevailing theory is WD got cut because China is full of racist fucks.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Right, and blizz lacks the artistic integrity to stand behind their designs in pursuit of that ever-lovely dollar.

Pretty amazing right there. I'd be pissed as a design artist.

No WD. Put that hood back on Tyreal. Make that crusader even MORE pale and blond. Make sure those blue eyes really pop! The asians love that!

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If people would hit that home more maybe this can get even more flak from the woke normies and get canned for good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast