Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think loot boxes would also get more hate too because you're basically gambling. Paying for DLC that's already part of the game or cosmetic, you can simply not buy it if you feel strongly enough about it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

IIRC DMC4SE added a similar cash shop option to skip standard progression, but didn't alter the original droprates for orbs & etc.. if DMC5 operates identically i see nothing wrong with it, i would never spend for standard unlocks (i'm happy to grind stages because i'm bad and want perfect scores but can't SSS on the first attempt) but i wouldn't begrudge anyone for doing so.

DMC5 red orb rate is already high as fuck, I can't see any reason you'd want to spend money on orbs aside from just throwing money away. If they had nerfed the rate it would've been an issue but it's not.

With the correct setup you can easily farm 800k-1mil red orbs in about 5 minutes depending on luck, but even without that you're still earning on average 10-50k orbs as a mission bonus on top of what you get in stage so...

What's the issue again?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bloody Palace is out

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

RIP to all the modders lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Love the music, but shit, I hope this is a DLC or something on PC, cause I'm gonna have to 100% this again if not lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Love the music, but shit, I hope this is a DLC or something on PC, cause I'm gonna have to 100% this again if not lol.
    Only the Virgil part, the other enhancements are for the console release

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/16/21...ase-date-price

Special Edition is also coming to the Series X.

Other additions for this re-release include Turbo Mode — the ability to play at 1.2x speed — and Legendary Dark Knight difficulty. And there’s a key visual enhancement, too: real-time ray tracing, Capcom said in a PlayStation Blog post. Players will have the option of playing with ray tracing enabled, with a target of 4K resolution at a frame rate of 30 frames per second, or disabled, which will run at 1080p at 60 fps. In addition, a High Framerate Mode will allow players to target a frame rate of 120 fps.

The Special Edition will also take advantage of the PS5’s DualSense controller and its 3D audio features. “Just wait until you get into a situation where you’re surrounded by a bunch of Hellbats — you’ll be able to pinpoint specifically where they all are in relation to the camera based on their cries,” said Capcom.

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will be “available digitally at launch” on both PS5 (Nov. 12) and Xbox Series X (Nov. 10) for $39.99. Capcom will release a physical disc version of the game “at a later date.”

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You gotta give Sony credit, they always find new ways to sink lower in the exclusives race.

For anyone interested, "Bury the Light" (song from the trailer) will release Monday.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    You gotta give Sony credit, they always find new ways to sink lower in the exclusives race.
    but the ray tracing architecture in PlayStation 5 gives us “more power” to provide true reflections in real time. In DMC5SE, players have the choice to turn on ray tracing and prioritize resolution (targeting 4K @ 30fps), or frame rate (targeting 1080p @ 60fps).
    I like that we're in a whole new console gen and the only real option is still 1080p. If this is the cost performance of "RTX on" for this system, I'd rather devs keep that shit off. Curious what the 120fps mode does beyond dropping raytracing.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As it stands until more detail is released, I don't think this is that much to get excited about yet. If it's anything like DMC4 SE, it just means we'll get to play Vergil through the game's story minus cutscenes. It doesn't look like there will be a separate story/campaign for him. Hardly worth the excitement in my books, or as a reason to buy a PS5. Also the fact it's PS5 exclusive does kick PC players in the balls a bit. I would guess that the exclusivity will wear off and they can make a tiny bit more money off PC players later on once the initial PS5 hype wears down.

If Vergil has some story or continuation from the base game I would be legitimately excited. One of the fun things in DMC5 is the interaction of all the characters and we were limited right at the end for some real Vergil x Dante x Nero. Had they given us some sort of continuation which would feature more interactions between them (i.e. him and Dante trapped in hell and maybe Nero getting worried and going in there too to check it out) then I'd buy it no questions asked.

Plucking 2 fun memes off reddit:

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    For anyone interested, "Bury the Light" (song from the trailer) will release Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Hell yeah. Thanks

Definitely one of the better DMC songs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

1:38 - 1:58 Holy shit.

I love that as soon as you get S rank I AM THE STORM, I honestly can't wait. Been long enough I could even enjoy the story again provided they haven't added a couple new scenes in.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok the ray tracing honestly looks fantastic and I'm sad Capcom are lazy fucks and not bringing it to PC.

After watching a video of it I caved it and bought the SE to go along with the new Xbox. 1080p/60fps with the ray tracing definitely the way to go. Yeah it doesn't look as sharp but the lighting and reflections ooo baby