+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

There's a note you find in the black rock pit that mentions "The City" being somewhere in there. It says something like "all the guards were just standing there, staring at the city. Afterwards none of them remember doing it."

Basically they implied there is some inter-dimensional city or some such.

I swear, this is the only game I can think of where I have read/listened to/watched every single collectable I've found.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is that related to the other aw item you see, I cant recall which, where the soldiers are staring at it and after you investigate it the soldiers all offed themselves? I wasnt quite sure if that was an occurence that sometimes happens with all oop, or specific to certain ones.

I really really really want to visit the worlds from the projector, especially the one with the old woman who took the kids.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We shouldn't be able to visit most of them as Jesse burnt all but one. It was implied though that the hiss came from a separate slide that was found in the dump that the kids didn't know about, so there may be more.

And I think The City is not related to the OoP you mention. I notice they tend to cluster the collectables around each other and that one was wayyyyyy away from that scene.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Foundation - Expansion 1
    March 26th for PS4 & Epic Store | June 25th for XBox

Hi everyone! Antonela here, Senior Brand Community Manager at 505 Games, working on Control. We’re thrilled to announce that the first expansion for Control, The Foundation, is launching on March 26 on PlayStation 4. If you’ve already purchased the Control Season Pass, then great news, you’ll get The Foundation as part of it.

Since launch back in August 2019, the incredible team over at Remedy Entertainment have been hard at work on all-new content, including this premium expansion, which I’m going to tell you more about today.

Here are five things to know about The Foundation.

The Story

In The Foundation, the Astral Plane is colliding with our reality. Jesse Faden, the Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, must travel through the caverns of the Foundation to prevent the Astral Plane from consuming the Oldest House. The missing Head of Operations, Helen Marshall, may hold some answers to the mysteries surrounding this threat. As she travels deeper, Jesse will learn more about Marshall’s disappearance, and about the enigmatic Board.

Jesse’s Mission

The Foundation is an all-new level, which can be accessed through the Hotline Chamber in Central Executive. Important note, in order to access The Foundation DLC, players will need to have completed the main game.

Within The Foundation, there’s not only main missions to work through, but multiple side missions to get stuck into as well. On average (because this question tends to come up a lot) players can expect to get around 4-5 hours of all-new gameplay out of The Foundation.

Abilities and Skills

Our community love Jesse’s abilities, as do we! As part of The Foundation, we’re adding skills to her supernatural arsenal. Take Control of an all-new ability (exclusive to The Foundation) called Shape and an upgrade to the Service Weapon called Fracture, allowing Jesse to transform and shatter the Foundation’s environments.

Jesse will also have access to Shield Rush, an upgrade to the Shield ability that allows Jesse to charge at her enemies, knocking them back during combat. This upgrade will come as part of the free March update, but more on that later!

The Hiss Sharpened

The Foundation introduces the Hiss Sharpened, a new enemy type which can be found in the caves under the Oldest House. This new Hiss-type is particularly challenging, so get ready to put your skills to the test as they approach you with their melee swings, pickaxe in hand. What’s more, Hiss Sharpened will come at you from different directions, so think about how you can use your abilities to take them down. (Top tip: Look at how you can use Shield Rush and Levitate to your advantage!)

Free March Update

One more thing. We’re launching a free update alongside The Foundation. In response to player feedback, we’ve improved the functionality of the map, added the option to reallocate Ability points using Essence at Control points, and other quality of life improvements. There’s also the Shield Rush ability upgrade and many more improvements under the hood.

Antonela Pounder - Senior Brand Community Manager, 505 Games

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Took them long enough!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The patch (tho not the DLC) is out on PC.

Has the new talent tree (plus respec) and buffs Charge (hell yeah)

Also did a quick DLSS 2.0 comparison if anyone wants to see it without Nvidia's cherry picked images

Spoiler: show

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Foundation DLC is pretty good, not very long maybe 4 or 5 hours but the storyline and added lore is great.

Assuming AWE continues the plot line introduced in this one the payoff should be pretty dope.

Anyone jumping in who played previously something to note - evade no longer has iframes. They clearly want you to use the new Shield Rush ability instead of relying dodging.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man it's been long enough. I should replay this cause honestly it was probably game of the year for me. Not terribly long and I'd like a refresher for the dlc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

AWE (Alan Wake) DLC- August 27th
    AWE will take Bureau Director Jesse Faden to the Investigations Sector of the Oldest House, where the Federal Bureau of Control closely examines Altered World Events (AWE) – happenings where paranatural forces breach our world with sometimes grave consequences. The expansion, which becomes available following the completion of the seventh main mission in the campaign, will require players enter the Investigations Sector and confront the creature lurking within this long-abandoned part of the Bureau. To reclaim the Investigations Sector from its clutches, Jesse will need to explore the Altered World Events investigated here, including one from the town of Bright Falls where Jesse learns more about the disappearance of the writer Alan Wake.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Free Upgrade to Next Gen is Only Offered to Owners of the Ultimate Edition

https://twitter.com/ControlRemedy/st...33362381099008

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow. I convinced my inlaw to get the game cause he loved the 5min I showed him a couple months ago and now he gets screwed cause he plays on current consoles.

Bound to happen here and there but that sucks.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How are they screwed?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you bought the base version of the game you dont get the next gen upgrades for free, or so it would appear.

I bought the deluxe on sale, but he got the base version.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that is pretty stupid

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    If you bought the base version of the game you dont get the next gen upgrades for free, or so it would appear.

I bought the deluxe on sale, but he got the base version.

Sounds like you're screwed, too.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe my verbiage was wrong. Deluxe/ultimate the same thing? My version came with all dlc included, which I assume is the top tier edition thats getting the free next gen upgrade.

Unless you're pulling my leg lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Maybe my verbiage was wrong. Deluxe/ultimate the same thing? My version came with all dlc included, which I assume is the top tier edition thats getting the free next gen upgrade.

Unless you're pulling my leg lol

The Ultimate and Deluxe are two different editions.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Bruhhh I got the digital deluxe that is basically the ultimate edition with a different name? so I guess I'm fucked with a little extra tease to go with it fml

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag