Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Control (PC/PS4/XB1) | Ultimate Edition (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1) - August 27, 2020

Developed by Remedy Entertainment
    “A supernatural 3rd person action-adventure”

After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control.

From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts, and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks neat. But need to see more gameplay.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This game is the real deal. Think sci fi/paranormal dark souls written as a Men In Black fanfic. The plot is bonkers and interesting, and the controls are tight and responsive. Not too difficult, not too easy. Very easy to recommend and I'm only like 5 hours in.

The beginning is a little slow but necessary to get you used to the controls. Once you have a handful of abilities the combat opens up and gets crazy fun, and they throw upgrades at you frequently. Not quite loot shooter frequency, but close.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I got a free copy when I bought my GPU. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The powers and gunplay feel great. Highly recommended. The story is like xfiles meets Twin Peaks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Beat the game. Many thoughts. This is definitely a contender for Game of the Year for me, and the only reason it might not win is because the ending is so unsatisfying.

Gameplay wise this is one of the best 3rd person action games I've ever played. Once you unlock all your abilities, which is only maybe 3 or so hours into the game, you can just start chaining back and forth rotating between personal shields that can push opponents when canceled, what is probably the best combat telekinesis system ever made and I'm not exaggerating, your gun of course which is always solid all game always, of course they have a dash/evade, and then they even have a late game ability that I wont spoil but that is also probably the best version of that ability in a game ever. Movement and combat is just a straight blast, and can accommodate any play style whether you want to be more ranged and magey or close and brawler-like. The energy system is also very generous, and that late game ability is not tied to the energy bar which really allows you to vary up the gameplay and just adds a whole new level to what you can do. I really hope they add dlc for at least a year to come because I just want more to do in the game considering the main plot just kinda ends.

Which brings me to the plot. The plot is pretty bare bones by the end of the game. Dont get me wrong, the universe is a blast to explore and learn about through the many files you can find in the world, but that's just about all you're getting. The ending is pretty unique, but it just goes to show how good the game is that my only complaint is the story is too short. The actual cutscene plot comes in spurts and before you know it the game is over kinda quickly when really I thought I was somewhere in the half way point. Idk, kinda salty about it. Theres plenty of side missions to do that mainly give you points to upgrade your abilities or gun, and sometimes you'll find an outfit or two. I started this game last friday night, and finished it by Monday night while sharing the PC for the gf to play the sims.

Spoiler for that ability that also kinda changes everything

Spoiler: show
    That last ability is a levitate. It's so freaking cool to chain it with your other abilities since it allows you to use the terrain against enemies or to protect yourself better. Also makes it easier to angle telekinesis shots at times. The best part is it doesnt share usage with your energy bar, even though it's not a permanent levitate. You can upgrade its duration, and you still glide down after it expires so you only ever have to worry about not gliding down into a dimensional pit lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's really hard to talk about the game without spoilering lol. The side quests offer a lot of exposition into the universe, but it ends up feeling more like a black mirror episode that ends too soon and now you'll never learn more about what's going on.

Or maybe word of mouth will make them contemplate a sequel cause wooo I haven't liked a game like this in quite awhile.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yasssss

I have to say, I pirated this game but I enjoyed it so much that I'll buy it once the dlc start coming out. Really is that good!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya I wanted to try it but I guess i'll wait till mid 2020.

Just beat it last night. Story wise (or at least world building wise) it's one of the best games I've ever played. I don't even care about the lag when swapping from menus in and out. I'm still having a blast with the side missions as all of them seem to be crazy as well. Can't wait for the DLC. Reddit is declaring the AWE DLC the Alan Wake Expansion (look at top part of the poster in the pic a few posts above). Wonder if they will be right....

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Glad to see you echo my sentiments. The game has some rough edges but it's one of the best this year. I cant wait for an altered world event with Alan Wake. Plot wise they could do this type of dlc with just about anything they want, for as long as they want, until they make a proper sequel.

Honestly I think they're sitting on a potential AAA IP if they play their cards right. Like a new Assassin Creed juggernaut or something.

I just want to know more about “the city”

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The city where the AWE happened with the projector?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Cause I want dlc of that happening. That shit was layed out but redacted in the collectables but it would make for a hell of horror game.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag