• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

2018 NHL Offseason Thread- RMNB except in cases of Domestic Violence or Backloaded Contracts

Offseason thread.

Grats to the Caps once again on their cup victory.

In other news relating to Russians, Voynov is seeking to return to the NHL and is trying to have his domestic violence convictions dismissed.

And Kovalchuk has been visiting teams to see if any are willing to sign him.

So if OEL gets 8.25mil or whatever it is per year, what do you guys think Carlsson is going to want? Or Doughty next year.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If OEL gets an 8m/8yr contract, then I think Doughty and Karlsson each get a $9.5m-$10.5m AAV contract. Have no idea what the length would be. Best guess is 6-8 years. I'm gauging this off of PK's contract as well (9m/8yr AAV).

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's a pipe dream but I'm hoping the Caps make a move for EK instead of re-signing Carlson. I love John but he is gonna be way overpriced and I'd rather pay EK 10-12m aav instead of John 9-11m.

I think with Grubauer and/or Burakovsky, plus some picks or another prospect, we should have enough to get EK, without killing ourselves. I love Bura also, and think he will be a very good Top6 guy once he stays healthy and stops being bounced around the lineup, but I'm willing to give him up for EK.

A ton of teams seem to be interested in Gruuby, so we might deal him off somewhere else, and we could use those picks/prospects to get EK as well. CAR, DET and NYI are the places I have heard inquiring about Gru the most. CAR and Faulk could be a solid third option if EK is out of reach and Carlson is too much.

Stanley Cup Champion Tom Wilson, Kempny and Beagle are the other 3 guys we need to focus on. Tom is an RFA so that's just a raise but Beagle might be gone if someone pays too much and Kempny just played an amazing couple rounds in the playoffs so he might get over priced as well. If Brooks retires or we can dump him in a trade, then it makes things a heck of a lot easier too.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Whatever is happening with the team right now, none of it will matter when they finally get their new arena because getting a new arena fixes everything.
    I like the Sens (less and less as time goes on) but I cannot wait until they get that new arena downtown and continue to put up pathetic attendance numbers. The arena location is not the problem. The Phoenix Pay system bullshit is not the problem. The team is bad, and Senators fans are few and far between. The ones that do exist just don't want to admit any of it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Not a whole lot of injury reports have come out this playoffs compared to other years (people expected to find out Malkin, Kessel, and a million other players were gravely injured when the Caps beat them)...

but Nick Backstrom had 2 fractures in his index finger, sustained in the PIT series and Orpik had part of his pinky cut off from the Haula slash after the final whistle of G2 in the SCF (finger was re-attached and he missed no time).

Lol the kings get Peter budaj back from tampa for andy andreoff. I find it funny cause the kings traded him to tampa for a pick or two I think. And after he saved the kings season when quick got injured.

BG Level

Budaj isn't even expected to be the back-up. He's going to Ontario and play back-up there. He still has roots in the LA area and is well liked by the Reign org and fans.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

DSP is an RFA as well. Kempny was solid for us, I hope we re-sign him

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Marlies win the Calder cup. Shot attempts were 41-9 AFTER THE FIRST PERIOD.

BG Level

More Ottawa drama, Randy Lee suspended: https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/pi...ee/c-299082334

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Canadiens trade Galchenyuk to Arizona for RFA Max Domi.

LOL

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Canadiens trade Galchenyuk to Arizona for RFA Max Domi.

LOL
    Just saw lol

Trying to get more cap room for a shot at Tavares?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

trade 30 goal scorer for Winger who has regressed each year. #justBergevinthings

also, now there will be a MTL sweater with the name Domi on the back.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DFJS View Post
    Trying to get more cap room for a shot at Tavares?
    Won’t ever happen

BG Level

Suddenly a lot of #MaxPacioretty talk after Galchenyuk move. I’d keep an eye on #FLAPanthers

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...09197499707393

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

2016 offseason: Lars Eller for Andrew Shaw
    Fanbase: "What a fucking terrible trade"
    Bergevin: "lol hold my beer"

Trades PK Subban for Shea Weber...the trade is 1 for 1.

Bergevin: "wait, hold my beer"

2017 offseason: Trades Sergachev for Drouin in hopes of getting a french canadian #1C...Drouin hadnt played center since junior and thus failed, and created a gaping hole in top pairing LHD. The trade was 1 for 1.

Bergevin: "hold my beer, again"

2018 offseason: Trades Galchenyuk, a #1C that the team needs but refuses to play because "he cant play center", for Max Domi...a left winger. So Bergevin didnt address the center issue but got us another left winger, alongside Pacioretty, Carr, Hudon, Lehkonen, Byron.

@frank_seravalli
    Max Domi: 36 goals in 222 career #NHL games.
    Alex Galchenyuk: 30 goals in 2015-16 season.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

tbh, Domi's 9 goals to Alex's 19 last year isn't a fair comparison.

Domi had 4 ENGs so it's more like 5 to 18 (Chucky had 1).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you fantasy hockey it up and subtract Chucky's 19 goals from the 207 the Habs scored last year, then add Domi's 9, were dead last in the league with 197 goals for. Buffalo scored 198.

And Bergevin traded away one of our top goal scorers and probably the player with the most raw talent for grit and toughness.

And the worst part is I'm not even surprised. Pissed off, yes...but not surprised.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast