+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My golden goose has been sent to Redemption. Nooooo!

I'm kind of surprised after that tie happened a few weeks ago that they haven't seemed to figure out some plan for those tie situations. It raises a question, whether someone should care more about making sure that one team would go in for sure while possibly giving them free reign to choose like this... or picking maybe a slightly less enticing option, but knowing that you can keep certain teams out of it.

How should I even feel about this episode? From a fantasy standpoint, it's terrible! From an unpredictability one, it was great. The bottom line is while I can appreciate how this format may offer more than just the dominant side being able to so easily pick off the rookies (or whatever the minority side of the season is), it's just weird following it.

That preview for next week sufficiently gave away a shitload of stuff it'd seem. Jeez. One of those was already out there from the season preview anyway, but this seemed up there with the times that they'll end the episode on an elimination cliffhanger... and basically spoil it by showing people in the next challenge in the preview.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We got a vote, an elimination, and a challenge all in the same episode. How quaint.

We even got a power move by a team that paid off, and a quality challenge. Good episode overall...

I'm completely out of players in the main house at this point. With two more Mercs coming next week, it's distinctly possible I will finish behind four players who did not get drafted. Whee.

(Scoring note: I forgot to start giving Jozea and DaVonne episode survival points when they came back two weeks ago, so I gave them an additional ten to make up for it).

Scoring:
    Spoiler: show
    Standings:
    Vil - 480
    Xno Kappa - 455
    Valisk - 345
    Moss - 335
    Byrd - 325
    Headspace - 260
    UFA - 105

Points to Date:
    Kyle - 185
    Kayleigh - 130
    Amanda - 120
    Joss - 120
    Brad - 110
    Zach - 110
    Faith - 105
    Nelson - 100

Scoring Notes:
    Ashley crying (5)
    Nelson and Shane win elimination (15)
    I missed two weeks worth of survival for DaVonne and Jozea when they came back (10)
    Zach and Amanda win challenge (10)
    TJ impressed with Zach and Amanda (10)

GATTACA!

BG Level

Finally caught up. The challenge was very basic but in a good way, in that someone with common sense like Bananas does well whereas the other idiots don't. People choosing the correct type of stick in the woods is an AWESOME wrinkle. The clues being written inside the cage was a nice touch too, as they were clear enough to see but not too obvious. Amanda is a cunt but props to her on that one.

The elimination was really good too. Brad and Kyle were sore afterwards and called it a "carnival game" but I love the challenges/eliminations that force strong teamwork, athleticism, and problem solving. Brute force is great but it is lame when that's the only trait necessary in an elimination (a la the "hallway" eliminations). Nelson is an idiot but he clearly has some athletic intelligence bas he usually does well in these challenges and he and Shane killed it on the treadmills. Good stuff.

Random thought: what percentage of viewers do you think analyze this show like we do? 10%? I'd think it would be lower but Bill Simmons still reps the challenge (and I think Jimmy Fallon does too) so there have to be more of us out there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Random thought: what percentage of viewers do you think analyze this show like we do? 10%? I'd think it would be lower but Bill Simmons still reps the challenge (and I think Jimmy Fallon does too) so there have to be more of us out there
    Reddit's /r/mtvchallenge has 19,800 subscribers. There's a lot of us, and some of them dig far deeper into it than we do.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Reddit's /r/mtvchallenge has 19,800 subscribers. There's a lot of us, and some of them dig far deeper into it than we do.
    So per an August 1 article, that Tuesday showing of the challenge had 732,000 total viewers. That doesn't include people like me who watch later but the subreddit subscribers obviously isn't all-inclusive either. The ratio with those two numbers is 2.7%

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty sure I'm going to finish 7th in a 6 player game. Kind of rooting for that, at this point.

Total Points
    Active Players
    Vil - 485 - 1
    Xno Kappa - 470 - 1
    Valisk - 355 - 2
    Moss - 350 - 2
    Byrd - 325 - 0
    Headspace - 280 - 2
    UFA - 195 - 4

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Kyle - 185
    Kayleigh - 130
    Amanda - 125
    Joss - 125
    Zach - 120
    Brad - 110
    Faith - 105
    Nelson - 105
    Shane - 105
    Bananas - 100

Scores this Week:
    Amanda yelling at…a bunch of people cuz she's Amanda (5)
    Zach gets 10 commish points for having huge fucking balls (10)
    Da'Vonne crying (5)
    Cory and Devin win elimination (15)
    Shane screaming at Bananas (5)
    Cory and Devin win second elimination (15)

BG Level

Having people enter in episode 13 and being guaranteed at worst Redemption House is dumb, but at least they had to beat both teams separately to get the spot in there. I wish I hadn't seen the preview from last week or read my channel guide for this episode because it was pretty clear what was going to happen with it being a tie that way. Oh well. It still was a pretty good moment.

Davonne and Jozea could have just thrown away their vote, been safe, and possibly have Bananas/Tony beat Cory/Devin and then whomever they picked to face. The others would have probably been better off voting Cara Marie. Even if Marie is sort of part of that group, they haven't seemed to treat her like it since Ashley's been there.

I'll give both credit for standing their ground, but I had to laugh at how she was aghast at him sticking by it when he was just like "yeah, we're not agreeing, let's just do this". Even if she's super close with Ashley, I don't know how good a position Amanda/Zach would be if they just picked off the outsiders. With Ashley and Hunter there, they no longer would have such an easy shot to win everything, and it seems like people merely "tolerate" Zach for Amanda's sake. Would people gun for them since they're obviously competition and because nobody in that group cares about Zach? We may never know.

I feel this could be the end for Jozea and Davonne, but they've had a decent showing this season. After being a total joke on CvS, Jozea did moderately well in stuff here, and I don't recall Davonne being a big competitor during what I saw of her on BB, but she did ok as well.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Jozea and Dvonne will be back.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So many things they did right this season... but they had to include this mercenary bullshit. It's bad enough if they did it like previous seasons where mercenaries are just there to eliminate you, but having an extremely strong male/male team re-enter the game this late is such a joke. Them having to beat both teams wasn't even a big deal and was probably an advantage since they had experience for the second run.

If Tony and Bananas get eliminated I'll probably stop watching, the loose ladies alliance is the worst.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Scoring:

Standings:
    Vil 495
    Xno Kappa 475
    Moss 385
    Valisk 375
    Byrd 325
    Headspace 310
    UFA 205

Highest Scoring Players for the Season:

Kyle 185
    Joss 130
    Kayleigh 130
    Amanda 125
    Zach 120
    Bananas 115
    Sylvia 115

Scoring Notes:
    Bananas and Tony win Challenge (10)
    Marie crying (5)
    Marie yelling at Ashley (5)
    Sylvia yelling at Marie (5)
    Sylvia headbutting Marie (15), getting production on camera (5)
    Cara Maria crying in the voting booth (5)

BG Level

I’m surprised Silvia wasn’t kicked out of the house.

BG Level

I'm surprised they ever cast Silvia for this series in the first place.

I don't even think I really understood how the main elimination worked before it was over. Were they on separate areas of that big grid, or could they have crossed each other's paths? The confessionals leading up to that talking about how Marie could probably punch her way out of that clearly don't remember last season when she couldn't get out of a basket.

Me during the first redemption duel: "That looks like it would be kind of fun."
    Me during the second one: "I take that back."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fifteen episdoes into the season, 16 out of 30 contestants have been sent home. Two were due to injury, two due to fighting, and twelve due to actual elimination. So after fifteen episodes, more teams are still in the game than have been eliminated via competition. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Me during the first redemption duel: "That looks like it would be kind of fun."
    Me during the second one: "I take that back."
    Right? Poor Natalie, holy shit, I'm so impressed she managed to pull through in that competition and win.

Hey look, I have someone back in the house now! Natalie and Paulie haven't been in the house since episode three, but she's back now, twelve episodes later.

We also have some replacements to pick. Since Zach and Amanda went home due to injury, Xno and Headspace (in that order, due to reverse draft order) can pick replacement players. They have a choice of Ashley, Cory, Devin, Hunter. Let me know your picks. Headspace, if you read this and haven't seen Xno's pick yet, just sent me your top 2 preference in order and I will make that modification once I see Xno's choice. If neither sees this and picks, they just won't get to choose one, just like Fantasy Football waivers. Deadline is start of the episode next week, eastern time.

For those who have picks, I would spend a lot of time analyzing next week's preview.

Scoring for the week:

Xno and Headspace, let me know who you want to pick up. Need one choice from Xno and top 2 from Headspace unless Xno already picked by the time he makes his pick.

After Week 15:
    Vil - 540 - 2
    Xno Kappa - 500 - 1
    Valisk - 405 - 2
    Moss - 395 - 2
    Byrd - 350 - 1
    Headspace - 340 - 2
    UFA -225 - 4

Top Contestant Scores To Date:
    Kyle - 190 - VIL
    Joss - 135 - MOSS
    Kayleigh - 135 - XNO
    Nelson - 135 - VALISK
    Shane - 130 - XNO
    Amanda - 125 - XNO
    Zach - 125 - HEAD
    Bananas - 120 - VALISK
    Sylvia - 120 - MOSS

Scoring Notes:
    Shane and Nelson win elimination (15)
    Zach gets doctors on camera (5)
    Kyle and Kayleigh screaming at each other (5)
    Cara Maria and Marie win elimination (15)
    Paulie and Natalie win elimination (15)
    Nelson yelling at Brad (5)
    Natalie commish points for getting beat to hell in the spinner (5)

Observations:
    Marie the weak link again.
    Didn't seem like there was much of a M/M F/F equalizer here. Maybe there was. Hard to tell.
    2018th century? Never stop being Nelson, Nelson.
    Zach and Amanda eliminated by injury? They get to get replaced on Fantasy teams. Grats, Headspace and Xno Kappa.
    Please tell me the losers of this elimination are going home and Redemption House is over. FUCK.
    This is a really cool challenge, actually.
    Cara Maria and Marie's burgeoning friendship is one of the cooler mini-storylines of the season.
    Holy shit, was not expecting that, given the initial start.
    Wow, Natalie is beat to shit after that elimination. That's girl's a trooper

BG Level

Gonna go with my man Devin to replace Amanda.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Gonna go with my man Devin to replace Amanda.
    Thanks. Headspace has a choice of Ashley, Cory, or Hunter.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Cory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Jacques Bailly won't have to worry about losing his job at the Bee to TJ with that sort of leniency. Considering those were questions about the Challenge, I thought they might have upped the difficulty at least somewhat. There were like 1-2 even moderately difficult ones. Oh well. The wording of that question about kids was great.

If my tally is right, the people that were on this episode at all that MTV haven't tried to make worthy of scorn this season are uhh.... Marie, Joss, Tony, and Natalie? So much for them making Bananas look good lately (though I think it was mostly just showing that everyone else is rotten too). Low blow, and I'm not trying to defend it, but why the hell do these people always pull this shit where they're following others around the house like that? That's not even a Devin thing, it's an everybody thing. Nelson lurking outside that room waiting for someone to say something so he could have reason to start conflict. Way to take a page out of the Bananas playbook, yet talk always talk about this new generation being so much better or whatever.

Cory - Idiot, but that's nothing new. I love pasta, but still.

Very weird decisions on the strikes in that challenge.

BG Level

The Challenge 32: Final Reckoning

Tony should’ve been sent home too. It was a stupidly tense situation and he escalated it with putting Cory in a stupid ass headlock hug that nobody on this damn planet appreciates. Especially when everyone involved is obviously shitfaced. Should’ve gone the Kailah/Kam route when they’re own partners got booted earlier in the season.

As an individual though, fuck Bananas. Dude is always a fucking peacock until someone shows they don’t give a shit about his feathers. The guy is just tiring at this point.

Silvia is right to be emotional too. This format is starting to get stale as shit and on straight up dumb ass luck. Cockroaches shouldn’t be getting so many damn chances to come back while some of the better teams didn’t even get a chance to compete in order to stay.

BG Level

The easiest solution to most of the problems is simply cutting filming time down by like 40%. I think I read something a couple years ago about the schedule for these shows and just how much downtime they will often have.

Yes, it will still feel like taking a step back when a team re-enters (though Sylvia sure didn't mind when Ashley and Hunter took that one team's place rather than just eliminating them), but part of the issue now is that these film for a looooong time. If I want to see people just get worn out that way, I'd watch Big Brother. It's not even like they didn't party hard back in the day. What's the difference? Obviously I know that there is the pressure to "give them material" and I think there may be more pressure with being so many pair themed seasons or solo now. Before, I suppose it would be much easier to get away with being a stable good competitor.

I don't know. This trilogy has brought us the Camila/Leroy incident, Shane/Simone, and now this in 3 seasons, not including Camila on the spinoff. There's also Nelson/Derrick, Melissa/Kailah, and what else? These casts were never a bunch of saints and there's been plenty of bullying/etc. back in the day, but has there been a stretch like these past 3 seasons?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Tony should’ve been sent home too. It was a stupidly tense situation and he escalated it with putting Cory in a stupid ass headlock hug that nobody on this damn planet appreciates.
    I disagree. Tony was trying to de-escalate the situation by making a joke. Obviously, it failed miserably, but there was no intent on Tony's part there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa
    As an individual though, fuck Bananas. Dude is always a fucking peacock until someone shows they don’t give a shit about his feathers. The guy is just tiring at this point.
    What Bananas said was shitty, but Devin not leaving him alone was what triggered it. Bananas had tried just about everything to get rid of Devin, and he finally lost his shit, and threw a real low blow. It was a dick move, for certain, but I don't have a ton of sympathy for Devin on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa
    Silvia is right to be emotional too. This format is starting to get stale as shit and on straight up dumb ass luck. Cockroaches shouldn’t be getting so many damn chances to come back while some of the better teams didn’t even get a chance to compete in order to stay.
    I'm frustrated with it, as well. Please get rid of Redemption House. It takes some of the sting out of losing an Elimination.

Devin is gone due to no fault of his own, so now Xno can pick Hunter or Ashley.

I found a pretty significant error in the spreadsheet this week. When players get added to a team mid-season, I manually add them to the summary. A season or three ago, that happened with someone on Xno's team. I didn't change the formula back before I copied the spreadsheet over for the next year, so he was getting extra points he shouldn't have gotten. That adjusts his score down quite a bit, sorry about that.

Scoring:
    First, Xno gets to pick up Ashley or Hunter to replace Devin since he got kicked out for no fault of his own.

Second, I found a pretty significant error in the spreadsheet this week. When players get added to a team mid-season, I manually add them to the summary. A season or three ago, that happened with someone on Xno's team. I didn't change the formula back before I copied the spreadsheet over for the next year, so he was getting extra points he shouldn't have gotten. That adjusts his score down quite a bit, sorry about that.

Standings:

Vil - 520
    Headspace - 465
    Xno Kappa - 445
    Valisk - 435
    Moss - 415
    Byrd - 365
    UFA - 210

Contestant Scores:

Kyle 190
    Nelson 150
    Joss 145
    Cory 140
    Bananas 135
    Kayleigh 135
    Shane 135
    Tony 135
    Sylvia 130

Scoring Notes for the Week:

Cory body slams Tony (15 each)
    Cory gets production on camera (5)
    Bananas yelling at Devin and Cory (5)
    Tony had security literally picking him up and carrying him off (5)
    Nelson yelling at Bananas (5)
    Nelson and Bananas getting security on camera (5)
    Devin also getting security on camera (5)
    Devin yelling at Bananas (5)
    Cory kicked out (75)
    Devin kicked out due to Cory's bad behavior (10)
    Joss (!) yelling at Bananas (5)
    Paulie and Natalie won Challenge (10)
    Sylvia crying because the format of the show sucks (5)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast