+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Lemme get Ashley.

BG Level

You missed Nelson and blurred nudity during his bizarre "spank me, bro!" outburst. What a strange person.

BG Level

I feel like Vil is always winning year in year out lol.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

125 points this week lmao

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From Marie's recap:

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Roda
    Next week’s episode is going to put a HUGE wrench in any Challenge fantasy games out there.
    Hmm. Wonder what that means.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not mad at Cory in the lease bit, but that fake ass embrace of Tony after Tee Jay kicked Cory out is bullshit. Wish he would have mushed him or anything else than going out like an apologetic sucka. I don’t like the lack of accountability by MTV or some of the offenders. Throwing someone’s food out, is grounds for ass whipping. Throwing someone’s luggage over the balcony, grounds for ass whooping. For Tee Jay to say “I saw someone get body slammed for ‘no reason’”... is them condoning everything that leads up to someone reaching their breaking point. FOH! And I didn’t appreciate that headlock hug either. After you just threw my food out, I don’t know your intentions. Is this a set up? Are you about to try to embarrass me? Are you about to harm me? Fuck that fake shit.

Cory had a baby with Cheyenne and they are on Teen Mom OG. I admit I watch a bit because Cheyenne is attractive to me. She is the biggest brat, diva I’ve ever seen. I know she showed hints of it when she was on the Challenge, but my goodness she is 10x worse on Teen Mom OG. Entitled brat that thinks everything revolves around her. She fine tho!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Cory had a baby with Cheyenne and they are on Teen Mom OG. I admit I watch a bit because Cheyenne is attractive to me. She is the biggest brat, diva I’ve ever seen. I know she showed hints of it when she was on the Challenge, but my goodness she is 10x worse on Teen Mom OG. Entitled brat that thinks everything revolves around her. She fine tho!
    I didn't know Cheyenne was like that, that's too bad. I remember she seemed relatively down to earth than most contestants; I remember thinking she was almost too normal for the show. Maybe we just didn't see enough of her on The Challenge, or maybe she's developed the personality as she's on TV more.

She is damn good looking, though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not much scoring this week. Kind of typical for the tail end of seasons, though, when competition kind of takes over for drama.

Episode Seventeen (!) Scoring:
    Spoiler: show

Standings:
    Vil 540 2
    Headspace 405 1
    Xno Kappa 345 1
    Moss 455 2
    Valisk 445 0
    Byrd 380 1

Scoring Notes:
    Joss & Sylvia win elimination (15)
    Natalie & Paulie won challenge (10)
    Shane crying (10)

Contestant Scoring to Date:
    Kyle 190 VIL RED
    Joss 165 MOSS GAME
    Nelson 160 VALISK RED
    Sylvia 150 MOSS GAME
    Shane 145 XNO RED
    Cory 140 HEAD HOME
    Bananas 135 VALISK RED
    Kayleigh 135 XNO RED
    Tony 135 HEAD RED

BG Level

I'm over the whole idea of the cold temperature + water eliminations, but I liked that concept overall. Give me the ones that are actually teamwork things and working together rather than the stuff where they've got two roles and they've got to figure out if they are going to "balance" it or not, and if so, how much. I don't know if they would have won if they picked different opponents, but I can imagine Ashley totally losing it in that and Shane/Nelson spending the entire time screaming at each other.

Surprised that the purge challenge didn't get a "you killed it", since 3 of the other 4 teams were terrible and they made a point of showing/talking about how Paulie was making it look like a joke. Come on, Teej!

More of this Nelson/Kayleigh stuff, but at least they may have something to fill time with the way next episode looks. Are there people out there that are entertained by them breaking up/making up 4x? I'm probably ok with either of them alone, but I don't want them together anymore. Give me him being a goofy dumbass if there must be one of them.

I'll just assume that the reunion will be a two-parter, so the low end for this season is 22 episodes. For comparison, Dirty 30 was 19 episodes including the reunion episodes. Just glancing back, since they've gone to these larger casts, they're usually in the range of 16 total episodes. Exes 1 had like half as many episodes as this season, but there were also only like a dozen pairs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shout out to Joss & Sylvia, the last team in the house to be there the whole game and not go to Redemption.

BG Level

Holy shit. The end is actually in sight?

Brad is insane, so I'm sure that probably seemed like a good idea with him climbing, but poor Kyle is too dumb to even be able to realize why it was a bad idea not having Brad just lay out things for him to use. It should have been obvious for someone to just lay out work out balancing the numbers in the sand so they could just hand them off easily enough. Good on Kam & Kayleigh for actually doing that the way anybody with sense would.

But then they get purged anyway, lol.

Marie surviving another purge against all odds!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My girlfriend watched some of the show with me tonight, and provided some additional insight to the observations category.

2nd through 5th is very close. 1st has a big (although not insurmountable) lead. Last (me) is a long way behind. Might be able to catch up into the pack, but there's no way I'm winning this thing unless Natalie starts having sex with literally everybody. Which I'm totally rooting for, now that I mention it.

Scoring notes:
    Kam and Kayeligh win elimination (15)
    Bananas and Tony won elimination (15)
    Joss and Sylvia win challenge (10)

Standings:
    Vil - 540 (Cara Maria, Paulie)
    Headspace - 470 (Tony, Marie)
    Xno Kappa - 460 (Ashley)
    Moss - 455 (Joss, Sylvia)
    Valisk - 445 (Bananas)
    Byrd - 380 (Natalie)
    UFA - 125 (Hunter)

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Kyle - 190 - VIL
    Joss - 165 - MOSS
    Nelson - 160 - VALISK
    Sylvia - 150 - MOSS
    Shane - 145 - XNO
    Cory - 140 - HEAD
    Bananas -135 - VALISK
    Kayleigh - 135 - XNO
    Tony - 135 - HEAD

BG Level

Jesus that challenge was nuts! I doubt the producers thought Bananas and Natalie would go for over five hours lol. Rooting for Joss and Silvia next week.

BG Level

I'm more used to seeing the stuff where basically everyone fails (half/most challenges that require people going from one elevated platform to another), so it's nice to sometimes see people exceed expectations. Even though they were able to puke, I didn't really pay attention to how much milk/cookies they had to deal with. They finished 3 hours ahead of their partners, but probably did well on their part too. Some last eliminations before the final have been hit or miss in recent years, but this one was fine by me.

Any of the m/f teams I could see winning. Maybe they'll actually finish it up next week since there's no reason to not start right away like they dd this week. They'd still be able to get 22 episodes from this season if they do a 2-part reunion. Man, that's just obscene.

Only Cara and Ashley have been in a final before, right?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Scoring This Week:
    Joss & Sylvia win challenge (10)
    Marie Crying (5)
    Tony puking (5)
    Paulie puking (5)
    TJ told Natalie and Bananas they're killing it (20)
    Natalie and Paulie win elimination (15)

Standings:
    Vil 580 2
    Headspace 515 1
    Moss 515 2
    Xno Kappa 510 1
    Valisk 490 0
    Byrd 425 1
    UFA 135 1

Contestant Points to Date:
    Joss 195
    Kyle 190
    Bananas 180
    Sylvia 180
    Tony 165
    Nelson 160
    Kayleigh 150
    Shane 145
    Cory 140
    Amanda 125
    Zach 125
    Cara Maria 120
    Natalie 120

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My guess is Ashley and hunter win the show and I can see Ashley taking the money . Although I wouldn’t mind joss and Sylvia taking the whole thing

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by mahler05 View Post
    My guess is Ashley and hunter win the show and I can see Ashley taking the money . Although I wouldn’t mind joss and Sylvia taking the whole thing
    I'm rooting for, in order:

Joss & Sylvia
    Natalie & Paulie
    Cara Marie & Marie
    Hunter & Ashley

And, frankly, I'd be fine with just about any other than Hunter & Ashley winning. Although if they in and Hunter takes all of the money, that'd be OK, too.

As far as who do I think will win, I don't see a clear favorite. Natalie & Paulie or Sylvia & Joss seem to have the best chance. Marie has physical limitations which are probably going to come into play on the final, and Hunter & Ashley don't communicate very well, which could also cause issues. However, I think any of them could win.

BG Level

The Challenge 32: Final Reckoning

Wow what a brutal fucking ending. A team that came in after most of the season was done wins. I expected nothing less from Ashley. She could play up that “belittled” and “slut shamed” bullshit all she wants. She would’ve found any excuse to take the money because she’s a genuinely shitty person. Plates on the eating portion should’ve been counted individually, there was too few opportunities to gain time on your opponent. Overall that final was lame as shit.

Damn did I feel bad for Joss and Sylvia though. Paulie looked like a huge dick going back on his word and caused them the win. Even worse it didn’t even matter at the end. It’s stupid that a team that was in redemption almost the entire season were even in a situation to do that. On that note, next time don’t make dumb promises Joss. He’s too nice of a guy and isn’t built to handle these personalities lol.

Hopefully no more redemption houses in the future seasons. Or at the very least revamp it. Shit was way too damn lenient.

BG Level

I don't really understand the focus on Paulie. Natalie made a promise as well and at least seemed to be the one that was pushing to go with it at the end there. Yes, it was shitty that he ended up going back on the promise, but it's not like that sort of action is uncommon on this show or others like it. If it were almost anybody other than Joss, it wouldn't have probably warranted as much attention.

Juxtapose these closing scenes with the Invasion final. What a difference two years or whatever makes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that was a thing.

Kudos to MTV for actually having the final, the winners, and the "Do I Keep the Money?" in the same episode. I was really expecting that to be dragged out.

That being said, I kept score, and I think there might be some spreadsheet errors, so I'm going to review in the AM before I send it out, as Tuesdays are trivia nights, and I have had a number of drinks.