• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I was high on Trae Young until I saw The Ringer's article breaking down his shoddy defense. tldr; Young makes Curry look like a lock down defender. I don't see his offensive upside being worth the major hole on the other end.

Sad part is NY will consider him a steal if he's available
    Not a big fan either but he probably is worth the risk if he falls. Maybe he lights it up offensively and Kristaps can protect the rim off of his defensive mistakes

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

It would create line up problems with Frankie/Hardaway Jr. (who both also need the ball in their hands to be effective). Giving the offensive reins to Young would mean Frank was a wasted pick. I'd rather them grab a solid defender/glue guy like Bridges and hope that Frankie matures into a reliable shot creator. That would give us shooters everywhere PLUS the length/flexibility to become a well rounded defensive team.

GATTACA!

BG Level

It would create line up problems with Frankie/Hardaway Jr. (who both also need the ball in their hands to be effective). Giving the offensive reins to Young would mean Frank was a wasted pick. I'd rather them grab a solid defender/glue guy like Bridges and hope that he matures into a reliable creator.
    I think it's kind of clear that Frank is better as a secondary ball handler and not the primary creator. I wouldn't worry too much about fit with THJ when making considerations for the future.

Are you talking about Mikal or Miles? I'd grab Miles there if he's on the board as his upside is higher.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I like Mikal but I'd take either one. THJ is only 26 and he's on a good contract. His ceiling isn't that high but he's going to be eating up a lot of minutes over the next few years. Might as well build something around his skill set or risk losing KP.

Edit: I'm not saying THJ would magically mean KP would want to stay. I just think he's the only guy on our roster who isn't a clear cut project. Young is going to take a couple years to develop his body/shot selection. Frank is already a project on top of Mudiay and Burke. I just think we need some solid contributors so KP doesn't get apathetic come contract time.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I like Mikal but I'd take either one. THJ is only 26 and he's on a good contract. His ceiling isn't that high but he's going to be eating up a lot of minutes over the next few years. Might as well build something around his skill set or risk losing KP.

Edit: I'm not saying THJ would magically mean KP would want to stay. I just think he's the only guy on our roster who isn't a clear cut project. Young is going to take a couple years to develop his body/shot selection. Frank is already a project on top of Mudiay and Burke. I just think we need some solid contributors so KP doesn't get apathetic come contract time.
    I like THJ but that is not a good contract. Your point about building a decent enough group to keep KP is a good one though.

Mudiay is a lost cause. Burke looks like a decent third guard. I really don't get all of these guys they are giving minutes ahead of Frank to help him develop.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I like Hardaway's contract if he keeps elevating his game. For comparison, Reddick scored less PPG than Hardaway did (in a comparable role) and was paid 23 million last year compared to Hardaway's 18 million. Reddick is going to command a similar amount over a 3 or 4 year deal.

There is literally no explaining how Burke got minutes over Frank from a talent perspective, but Frank did come into the season with a bum leg. He's been posting training videos all summer so hopefully he's healthier this season.

I think we can compete and potentially win 40sh games with a line up of:
    Ntilikina
    Hardaway
    Mikal Bridges
    KP
    Kanter (expiring next season)

Big picture, I see Fizdale trying to persuade Kp to move to the 5. If that happens, it'll mean we'll need yet another strong wing. If you draft Young, you're adding another undersized player to an already crowded front court, plus you still have a gaping hole at the 3/4 positions next year. (assuming KP slides to the 5)

BG Level

isn't Kristaps out until January/February? next season is a lost cause without him might as well process it and tank while developing young talent

GATTACA!

BG Level

One problem is how much KP even plays next year

The difference between THJ and Redick is efficiency, they aren't really comparable

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Who do you develop though? Another PG on top of the developing PG you already have? If you go that route, grab someone like Knox who at least won't clash with the rest of the players being developed.

GATTACA!

BG Level

ESPN report that Kings are set on Bagley. Please god be true

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

sounds like hawks are interested in doncic now. good for them if he gets past the kings.

was really hoping clips would move up to snag him, though, oh well.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pop met with Kawhi. Don't know if that changes anything but up to now the Spurs don't want to facilitate a trade to the Lakers while Kawhi intends to tell teams looking to acquire him that he will leave for LA next season.

Don't know how effective that threat is if the plan is for the Lakers to use their cap room this summer to get James and a helper? LeBron obviously wants a team that is ready, not to wait another year for Leonard. If LA doesn't get LeBron or George, who else is a FA next summer?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

austin rivers

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just read a piece about Durant and James incorporating the one legged Dirk fadeaway into their games as a reliable fall back shot against one man coverage because of the separation it can create.

Made me wonder why there's not more hookshots being used by centers right now. Especially with increasingly lanky modern centers who don't play muscle back to the basket post games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

cause it's really freaking hard

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Hook shot is hard as shit to master. I know Dwight tried and failed at one point.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dwight doesn't strike me as having the touch, or the determination, to add a shot like that vs. just muscling in to score. SOFT

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm a little shocked there hasn't been any trades yet. And for the record, anyone passing on Doncic is dumb.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Made me wonder why there's not more hookshots being used by centers right now. Especially with increasingly lanky modern centers who don't play muscle back to the basket post games.

Though not a center, Kuzma does it but it's not as elegant as Kareem in terms of mechanics.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    sounds like hawks are interested in doncic now. good for them if he gets past the kings.

was really hoping clips would move up to snag him, though, oh well.
    Not getting my hopes up but I would be ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm a little shocked there hasn't been any trades yet. And for the record, anyone passing on Doncic is dumb.
    Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Mozgov and two 2nds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast