• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is just Brooklyn looking to shed after Howard's deal expires right?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    This is just Brooklyn looking to shed after Howard's deal expires right?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Correct. Gives them two max slots next offseason

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, lots of reports out there that everyone in the Hornets locker room hated Dwight

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SOFT

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

not really one to ride reports or rumors, but apparently jerry west is going hard after kawhi. i don't think the spurs want anything to do with trading with the lakers so i'd say clips are favorites to land him atm.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a game of chicken. Kawhi says he doesn't want to go anywhere else and will walk anywhere else, Spurs refuse to deal with the Lakers, and a team has to gamble on being able to sell him on staying.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    not really one to ride reports or rumors, but apparently jerry west is going hard after kawhi. i don't think the spurs want anything to do with trading with the lakers so i'd say clips are favorites to land him atm.
    Harris and the 12th and it's a deal.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Harris and the 12th and it's a deal.
    But what if you can get Jaylen Brown...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

mmmm tough one. but i think you go with harris/pick. this is a deep enough draft that the spurs can pick from a myriad of "flawed" players they can develop into stars. a guy like kevin knox has all the tools/athleticism/etc. to be a star but needs someone to teach the game to him. same with lonnie walker. or they could pick high IQ guys like zhaire smith/sga/troy brown who would make for a monstrous defensive backcourt pairing with murray and are legit pop type players.

then of course you get harris on top of that whose development as a player has only continued upward.

that said i think he's going to the clips for the whole package. harris/12/13, so if the spurs get that they'll have an awesome rebuild package ahead of them. i mean, if there was one draft in recent history where i wanted 3-4 picks, this would be the one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yo i fuckin thought today was thursday and thought draft was today. supposed to start an hour ago and i'm like WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG

LOL

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

mmmm tough one. but i think you go with harris/pick. this is a deep enough draft that the spurs can pick from a myriad of "flawed" players they can develop into stars. a guy like kevin knox has all the tools/athleticism/etc. to be a star but needs someone to teach the game to him. same with lonnie walker. or they could pick high IQ guys like zhaire smith/sga/troy brown who would make for a monstrous defensive backcourt pairing with murray and are legit pop type players.

then of course you get harris on top of that whose development as a player has only continued upward.

that said i think he's going to the clips for the whole package. harris/12/13, so if the spurs get that they'll have an awesome rebuild package ahead of them. i mean, if there was one draft in recent history where i wanted 3-4 picks, this would be the one.
    Spurs also the 18th pick

GATTACA!

BG Level

It wouldn't be just Jaylen Brown, would probably include the kings pick next year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

eeeee

yeah then you would have to go with brown/kings pick, i'd think, if it was harris/12. but if it were harris/12/13 i'd go with the 3-ball.

forgot that spurs have the 18th pick. they could do a serious rebuild this season if they moved kawhi. with 12/13/18 they could get any combination of williams/smith/walker/brown (possibly miles bridges and kevin knox available also) and come out of this draft feeling really happy. i imagine it wouldn't be too hard to move LMA for an additional pick as well.

BG Level

looks like Howard's heading towards a buyout. he was surprisingly cromulent and healthy this past season interested to see if he winds up on a contender.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah just based on performance, Howard should have gotten the Hornets so much more. He might not be the sort of obstacle you have to have a plan to deal with like when the Cavs couldn't get past the Magic or the Celtics, but he's still a reliable 18/10 a night. That's nothing to scoff at. But apparently he's just that problematic in the locker room that Charlotte would do anything to have him out.

It's funny everyone blamed Kobe for the way things happened in LA, but in retrospect it looks like Howard was actually the bad teammate.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Roy Hibbert was on a ringer podcast the other day and had nothing but good things to say about Kobe as a teammate. I doubt that Kobe was the problem at that stage of his career.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think Kobe's problem days are all pretty much pre-Phil returning. He got humbled after Shaq left and he missed the playoffs with Rudy T., and he learned that he couldn't ever get good enough to be above needing support.

I'm sure that his brand of leadership wasn't good for everyone (Smush Parker, Kwame Brown) but the man got along great with Derek Fisher because Fisher always left everything on the field and Kobe respected that even if Fish was never all star caliber.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Yeah just based on performance, Howard should have gotten the Hornets so much more. He might not be the sort of obstacle you have to have a plan to deal with like when the Cavs couldn't get past the Magic or the Celtics, but he's still a reliable 18/10 a night. That's nothing to scoff at. But apparently he's just that problematic in the locker room that Charlotte would do anything to have him out.

It's funny everyone blamed Kobe for the way things happened in LA, but in retrospect it looks like Howard was actually the bad teammate.
    The Hawks took on an extra year of salary in Miles Plumlee just to get Dwight to go away.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I haven't watched a draft in forever. Will tonight be the entire first and second round?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I haven't watched a draft in forever. Will tonight be the entire first and second round?
    Yep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast