• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    And given the severity of Hayward's injury (and we all know how bad it was), is he going to even be the same player when he comes back?
    He should be OK, it's not on the same level recovery-wise from what I've read as torn knee ligaments or a torn Achilles. Meaning it shouldn't affect his burst or athleticism once recovered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Yeah if they wanted to do Hayward + a few small pieces + picks into Leonard I think that is to Boston's benefit. But will the Spurs bite on Hayward? The Lakers are giving up young players which fit into a rebuild. Do the Spurs want to try reload on Hayward + LMA? They aren't making it out of the West like that.
    Yeah that's a good point. I can't see Boston parting with Tatum or even Brown unless he's the centerpiece

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

With kawhi out the spurs drop out of the lebron race and somehow the lakers and celtics look even better. I still dream of my happy ending of green and Klay getting traded for lebron and green finally understanding he was carried and will fade off into nonexistence.

Saw a way for Houston to move Harden since Bron and CP together are the real prize/goal and that looked really interesting.

I'd like to see him on PHL if it could work because it's young talent and close to home, but I just don't see anyone playing as well with lebron as kawhi cp and curry/kd could. Even Boston would be a strange animal. Kyrie can't handle being #2 so he'd have to be moved, but then does it really work as well? I never saw LA with Ball all that appealing but it sure is hot now if he was moved.

There's a win now mentality he must have and will get in a few places like Houston, Boston, Oakland, maybe PHL, and there's a play with young future talent for when he declines like Boston and PHL, which LA could be too. He needs that mix of both short term and long term success and only a few places fill both roles.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Draymond Green is extremely good at basketball and along with Curry is a vital member of their offensive and defensive philosophy

I get hating on his antics but it's clouding your judgment

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Draymond Green is extremely good at basketball and along with Curry is a vital member of their offensive and defensive philosophy

I get hating on his antics but it's clouding your judgment

Yeah but I'm fine with being clouded, lets see him make the playoffs on Cleveland.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Yeah but I'm fine with being clouded, lets see him make the playoffs on Cleveland.
    That trade isn't going to happen lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just like how Curry makes the GS offense work, even if KD carries the load, Green makes their defense work. He's key to the system.

That being said, the system is also key to him. Green and Klay both become a lot less valuable to other teams. GS will offers them a lot of money because they are worth it, but only for them. You can't build around Green and Klay the way you could around KD.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    That trade isn't going to happen lol

It would be so beautiful come on, break the league more.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

It's pretty wild that Kawhi has catapulted himself to the top of the "most bitch-made athlete of the year" rankings.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    It's pretty wild that Kawhi has catapulted himself to the top of the "most bitch-made athlete of the year" rankings.
    KD: "Kawhi, you da real MVP"

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm glad I'll get to renew my hate for the Lakers. It hasn't been the same since the rapist retired. What can the Lakers offer that equates to Kawhi? Really though, the Spurs can trade Kawhi to anyone they want.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I'm glad I'll get to renew my hate for the Lakers. It hasn't been the same since the rapist retired. What can the Lakers offer that equates to Kawhi? Really though, the Spurs can trade Kawhi to anyone they want.
    It won't equate to Kawhi, but some combination of Ball, Ingram, Randle, Hart, Kuzma, picks, etc. It's almost impossible to get fair value back when you trade away a star

They can technically trade him anywhere but they aren't going to have leverage with any team where his representation says "don't do it, he's still recovering and will opt out after this year"

There should be enough teams around to drum up a solid offer though

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and two first rounders. Duh

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Interesting possibility I saw at ESPN is if the Celtics trade Kyrie plus picks for Leonard. That's probably the closest in talent SA gets back and it justifies Boston holding onto the young core. The question is if SA thinks it can rebuild around a Kyrie/LMA core or if they are going to go into rebuild.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Interesting possibility I saw at ESPN is if the Celtics trade Kyrie plus picks for Leonard. That's probably the closest in talent SA gets back and it justifies Boston holding onto the young core. The question is if SA thinks it can rebuild around a Kyrie/LMA core or if they are going to go into rebuild.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Can Boston still get bron in this scenario?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    AFAIK BOS can't sign him outright; Bron to the Celtics needs to happen via trade. But since CLE is in rebuild mode after Bron leaves they value Ainge's dragon hoarde of picks pretty highly. I'm not sure how this hypothetical trade works in salaries but it's been assumed that they would take the trade based mostly on whatever package of picks that Boston dangles.

The question is if Ainge has enough left after getting Kawhi to convince CLE to trade, and if CLE would want to help cement BOS as a super team in the East by pairing Bron up with Kawhi.

Prolly naaahhhh

GATTACA!

BG Level

It most likely won't happen for the reason Gred pointed out - the Cavs don't want to watch him wreck the East for the Celtics. I don't know if LeBron wants to go there anyway since there is some bad blood between him and the franchise from the Pierce-KG days

It's similar to the CP3-Rockets situation in that LeBron can opt out and become a free agent, so the cavs don't have much leverage. The best they can do is refuse to trade him and let him walk if the teams that can only get him via trade don't offer enough.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-leonard-spurs

This is a good piece explaining how the Spurs and Kawhi got so divided over the handling of this injury.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's sad, but blake declined a LOT. harris is the better player right now, and as a player himself kawhi should be able to know that.

whatever the case i hope he goes to the east coast. as much as i love kawhi, he's too much of an injury/flight risk atm for clips to give up all their meaningful assets, and the spurs will want the farm. it'd be different if austin rivers and gallo and a couple of their young guys were worth anything, but they're not.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    it's sad, but blake declined a LOT. harris is the better player right now, and as a player himself kawhi should be able to know that.

whatever the case i hope he goes to the east coast. as much as i love kawhi, he's too much of an injury/flight risk atm for clips to give up all their meaningful assets, and the spurs will want the farm. it'd be different if austin rivers and gallo and a couple of their young guys were worth anything, but they're not.
    What's the most you would give up for him, assuming no guarantee he will re-sign?