+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Steam Summer Sale 2018     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I picked up FFXII for half off. Going to finish the game this time instead of trying to grind for zodiac spear for weeks and forgetting I never got around to the last part of the story, because a new game came out at the time or whatever happened.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Picked up a couple cheap space action games, and I'm absolutely in love with Halcyon 6. A great mix of XCOM and turn-based rpgs with a killer soundtrack to boot. 3030 Redux is another fun indie adventure with great dialogue and soundtrack and space stuff.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Picked up a couple cheap space action games, and I'm absolutely in love with Halcyon 6. A great mix of XCOM and turn-based rpgs with a killer soundtrack to boot. 3030 Redux is another fun indie adventure with great dialogue and soundtrack and space stuff.
    Have you played Everspace? I just picked it up, pretty fun and nice graphics.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Finally bought Aviary Attorney.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If I passed now, how long would it be before FF12 Zodiac Age and FF15 were under 20 or 15? I can be pretty patient -- I waited until Rise of the Tomb Raider was on Humble Monthly for $12 before I got that.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    If I passed now, how long would it be before FF12 Zodiac Age and FF15 were under 20 or 15? I can be pretty patient -- I waited until Rise of the Tomb Raider was on Humble Monthly for $12 before I got that.
    They probably won't go below their current discount.

If you look at SEs discounts, nothing in the FF series is below 50% discount.
    If their full price is lowered then they will be available on sale at 50% off the next major sale which will be $2-3 cheaper than current price max.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I decided to wait till next summer lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    They probably won't go below their current discount.

If you look at SEs discounts, nothing in the FF series is below 50% discount.
    If their full price is lowered then they will be available on sale at 50% off the next major sale which will be $2-3 cheaper than current price max.
    I guess ultimately the question is how long until the current full price of $49.99 is lowered to 39.99 (or deeper). What was the timeline for the FFXIII series PC versions dropping to where they are now?

Also another question. The physical version of XV is available for 15. Obviously the DLCs would make that over 25 compared to the Steam version. Is Royal plus Season Pass worth it?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe FF12 I can see lowered, but FF15 is going to stay where it's at until next year imo. If you really like FF12 I'd hold off on FF15 until next year, and get your final fantasy fix on zodiac age since that'll take you awhile to complete any ways.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Maybe FF12 I can see lowered, but FF15 is going to stay where it's at until next year imo. If you really like FF12 I'd hold off on FF15 until next year, and get your final fantasy fix on zodiac age since that'll take you awhile to complete any ways.
    FF15 is going to hold that price for the next 3 years. Through out 2019 and into early 2020 they're going to be releasing DLC for the game, late 2020 will likely see another ultimate royal bundle, Q3 2021 is likely to see the first price drop.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Going to hijack this thread for a quick steam related question:

I'm looking to play a game with my friend on steam. He's going to buy the game on his machine at his house but more than likely we'll be downloading it onto a spare PC of mine at home so we can play in the same room. Anyway, once he buys the game on his account, am i able to go to the spare PC, log into my steam account, download the game ahead of time, then when he shows up just have him log into his steam account and access it as if it was downloaded through his account? I'm guessing yes, as steam probably accesses the same game folders, but I'm not sure.

The other route would be to get log in and psw, but wondering if the above idea would work.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If you are setup on the family share or whatever steam is setup with, yes there isn't any problem with that. Otherwise I have no idea how the actual fuck you're going to download the game without owning it yourself.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The safest is for him to temporarily let you log into his account so that your spare PC sets up the user folders correctly

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Going to hijack this thread for a quick steam related question:

I'm looking to play a game with my friend on steam. He's going to buy the game on his machine at his house but more than likely we'll be downloading it onto a spare PC of mine at home so we can play in the same room. Anyway, once he buys the game on his account, am i able to go to the spare PC, log into my steam account, download the game ahead of time, then when he shows up just have him log into his steam account and access it as if it was downloaded through his account? I'm guessing yes, as steam probably accesses the same game folders, but I'm not sure.

The other route would be to get log in and psw, but wondering if the above idea would work.
    Does it have local co-op? Try Parsec. It's relatively new.

A friend and I use it to play some games together hundreds of miles apart. Pretty low lag too.

https://parsecgaming.com/

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    If you are setup on the family share or whatever steam is setup with, yes there isn't any problem with that. Otherwise I have no idea how the actual fuck you're going to download the game without owning it yourself.
    We'll both own it. But rather than he play it at his house and me at mine, we'll both just play here. Basically, our families have dinner every week. Every other week, when we host, he stays for some games after the wife and kids go. Just more practical (and fun) than him driving back home and logging in etc.

The safest is for him to temporarily let you log into his account so that your spare PC sets up the user folders correctly

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was wondering about that too. I'll take this route then to be safest.

Thanks guys.