She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finding a HDMI switch, the sequel.. (Thinking towards the future)

A while ago, I'd asked about HDMI switches since the one I had didn't work right.

I didn't buy another one at that time; my brother was a sweetie and bought me a 4 port Rocketfish HDMI switch from Best Buy. (It seems to have been discontinued now.) I got a 5 port one from Monoprice recently that..wasn't what I thought. It sorta worked but unfortunately..my PS4 turned on twice rather mysteriously while it was hooked up to it, when I'd hit the PS3 remote. (I thought the Rocketfish was going bad. Proly was the cord connecting it to the TV, the way it's looking!)

I'm not getting rid of that one since I might be able to use it later, but thought I'd ask folks since I'm thinking towards the future, where 4 ports will NOT be enough. (I do not sell any consoles that still work that I have games for that I like so things are going to multiply.) Is there any not too pricy HDMI switchers available with more than 4 ports? That actually WORK? Thanks. ^^ I'd rather not have a sorta haunted PS4 or anything like that lol!

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Pro tip:

Stop buying things from places like best buy and just get the highest rated thing on Amazon.

Anything Kinivo, first or second result on Google. Had one for years. Mine is powered and auto switches when I turn on a console. YMMV some people report they don't always switch but that's what the remote is for.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Boyiee; I won't, but in this case the Rocketfish HDMI switch was a gift; it's lasted quite some time! (I did NOT pay for that one!) I had it since before I got my PS4 and had a PSN; and I made that PSN account in 2015. I'd say that's lasted pretty well, considering it's 2018 now. (Wierdly also, Rocketfish is also a top rated brand, I just don't wanna pay though the nose for this if I get a Nintendo Switch and want to add a PS5 or whatever later..you get the idea.)

The new cable seems to have fixed it though, I'm just thinking on what to look for when there just isn't enough ports anymore. ^^ (If it does it again, I may check all the cables however before I make another HDMI switch purchase.)

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Boyiee; I won't, but in this case the Rocketfish HDMI switch was a gift; it's lasted quite some time! (I did NOT pay for that one!) I had it since before I got my PS4 and had a PSN; and I made that PSN account in 2015. I'd say that's lasted pretty well, considering it's 2018 now. (Wierdly also, Rocketfish is also a top rated brand, I just don't wanna pay though the nose for this if I get a Nintendo Switch and want to add a PS5 or whatever later..you get the idea.)

The new cable seems to have fixed it though, I'm just thinking on what to look for when there just isn't enough ports anymore. ^^ (If it does it again, I may check all the cables however before I make another HDMI switch purchase.)
    Awesome. Yeah I had a coupon or something and needed a new HDMI switch and stopped in best buy, they were are like $75 lol. Amazon for $10 I'm good.