1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.35 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah issue was with Bahamut-egi.

Its working now. Only issue I've heard about is 90k is you do a charging attack and do no damage (cuz the mob died)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Heaven working again now? I assumed it was Raubahn issues coming back and went to play fun video games for two days.
    Nope, just an issue with Summoner exiting while Bahamut was out resulting in permanent Bahamut in all other instances.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

more of a feature than a glitch if you ask me... !

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Only issue I've heard about is 90k is you do a charging attack and do no damage (cuz the mob died)
    So that's wtf 90k'd me the other day despite no connectivity issues. Thank god it was on a level farming group and not my solo save. Need me that Lone Hero title.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Floor 90 boss doesn't play the fuck around.

e,e

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FL80+ doesn't fuck around in general, especially the mob patrols. I don't know how much you're betting on chest RNG to keep you afloat with oh-shit pomanders/magicites from there-on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Chest/floor RNG shouldn't be what decides the run in a PT. You can and should enter F80 with a full pomander set, and once you learn to always pull mobs out of rooms and to sac luring traps, the only truly threatening element is the mob patrols... which in HoH you can always avoid and controllably pull thanks to the addition of dead-end hallways between most rooms.

For something that was hyped up to be "70 floors of content comparable to POTD F150+" it sure couldn't be any farther from that mark, only F80-100 are similar and they still manage to be easier because of the aforementioned hallways letting you cheese patrols and pomanders being incredibly OP this time around. Overall I'd say this was a step down in every possible way except for the F90 boss, and the shorter climb.

Still pretty fun tho. I know they said all of HOH would be added in one patch (unlike POTD which was split between 2) but I hope this doesn't mean we have to wait two more years for more of this content.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm gonna be honest because I'm only at floor 71 and no doubt I'll promptly get my butt kicked from here on in but the fact that people have already gotten the mount from clearing 4 times just shows it's nothing like as hard as PotD. Kinda annoys me cos I loved the epicness of finally clearing Palace.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Also in the patch;

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it's HAPPENING

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Prepare for total disappointment and no synergy so it gets treated like sam and mnk.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I expect synergy on the level of NIN. Regardless of how XI's BLU ended up in the long game, it was meant to have limitless flexibility and support capability. I don't think they'd jam it into XIV as another powerhouse DPS like SAM

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah MNK's stature as both a relative DPS powerhouse and their retooled brotherhood with their now quick recovery of 3 greased lightning stacks is making MNK viable again. Surprised to be seeing a lot of UwU comps that are DRG + MNK honestly.

My sadistical money is on Blue Mage actions being tired to the Logos system in 4.4 Eureka.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm curious as to how they're going to pull it off.
    Learning monster abilities is core to the Blue Mage identity, but this is at odds with the XIV ability system.

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of, is that slightly surprising announcement of the 4.4 expansion of role actions from 5 to 10 slots.
    If they don't give BLU the normal role actions, and instead hijack that panel for monster abilities, that would give BLU 10 actions to make a build out of, which seems workable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blue Mage never was at odds with XIV's ability system considering they used a very similar system in XI exclusively for the job. It's at odds with their design decision where every job has to be braindead easy to get into otherwise it won't work.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I'm curious as to how they're going to pull it off.
    Learning monster abilities is core to the Blue Mage identity, but this is at odds with the XIV ability system.

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of, is that slightly surprising announcement of the 4.4 expansion of role actions from 5 to 10 slots.
    If they don't give BLU the normal role actions, and instead hijack that panel for monster abilities, that would give BLU 10 actions to make a build out of, which seems workable.
    I'd say using them is core to the BLU identity. Being required to learn them is just a logical consequence of that, which they can explain away in a quest should they find it necessary

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

watch it be an Eureka only thing since they already talked about the third installment having a new skill system that allows classes to use special skills beyond their roles for a short amount of time

dreams ruined, go home everyone

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm 100% expecting XIV's implementation of Blue Mage to be akin to FFX's, aka using a skill on something grants you access to the ability from then on rather than having to get hit by it. It's the type of dumbing down of basic mechanics that Yoshida is so in tune with. As far as how the job will work, they can go either way...

A) A more limited set of spells/abilities just like every other job.
    B) A larger pool of spells/abilities that can be set on a point/slot system like XI. There will certainly be no trait system like XI though, that would hurt all those smooth little brains out there.

Almost certainly going to be seeing option A because anything that breaks the mold doesn't fit Yoshida's vision. I'm sure I'll be totally fucking disappointed with XIV's implementation after spending so much time and energy on XI's, but it will probably end up being my main job regardless. The real question is, what role will it be? If they're really done adding tanks/healers (which is entirely fucking stupid for a number of reasons) then that settles it, but if not, Blue Mage can fit any role. Personally hoping for a damage-focused tank similar to Warrior myself, but that's extremely unlikely. Really anything besides healer would be great.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    watch it be an Eureka only thing since they already talked about the third installment having a new skill system that allows classes to use special skills beyond their roles for a short amount of time

dreams ruined, go home everyone
    Maybe they'll use the mechanics in Eureka as a test for a final version.

This could be test.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Almost certainly going to be seeing option A because anything that breaks the mold doesn't fit Yoshida's vision. I'm sure I'll be totally fucking disappointed with XIV's implementation after spending so much time and energy on XI's, but it will probably end up being my main job regardless. The real question is, what role will it be? If they're really done adding tanks/healers (which is entirely fucking stupid for a number of reasons) then that settles it, but if not, Blue Mage can fit any role. Personally hoping for a damage-focused tank similar to Warrior myself, but that's extremely unlikely. Really anything besides healer would be great.
    My guess if they go with it as a job I could see it becoming a tanking job. Before this I was firmly expecting an ancient Geomancer healer and a gunblade wielding Tank. I could see BLU being mixed with that Tank role with them gaining a resource for being hit that enables them to use monster abilities but then they'd need something that allow them to gain the same resource while being the OT.