BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 2018 Version Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean for all we know once you clear the T3 bosses goblin unlocks ability to just straight up buy the weapons with a tonne of demon medals or something less RNG than crafting.

Speculating on their sell price at this moment seems pointless lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    But like you can sell these back, so it's a no cost investment. (assuming you're smart enough to get rid of it and not augment it, and before the price tanks)
    From a crafter's POV, are any of the NQ/HQ1 weapons actually worth crafting yet? How many of the necks? Looking at like 15-20mil in mats for the weapons (via medals at current prices,) plus whatever 1x demon's medal costs, and they are only T0~T1, and the odds of getting that HQ2 seem pretty darn low to me. >.>

My LC shield isn't anywhere near done yet, but at least I don't have to feel like I should be rushing it til augments come out.

Rather nice and surprising that the recipes are spread out among crafts I guess.. Was kinda expecting smithing/goldsmithing to get the bulk w/ staves/clubs going to WW.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I mean for all we know once you clear the T3 bosses goblin unlocks ability to just straight up buy the weapons with a tonne of demon medals or something less RNG than crafting.

Speculating on their sell price at this moment seems pointless lol.
    Base Weapon: 1x Demon's Medal
    Base Neck: 1x Beastmen's Medal
    Mats (except cooking?): 1x Kindred's Medal

Everything is split up and assigned to zones. Beating Wave2 boss unlocks that zone's purchasable base weapons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Base Weapon: 1x Demon's Medal
    Base Neck: 1x Beastmen's Medal
    Mats (except cooking?): 1x Kindred's Medal

Everything is split up and assigned to zones. Beating Wave2 boss unlocks that zone's purchasable base weapons.
    Prices will balance out to supply and demand.

If the price is so high its not worth crafters time to do, price will drop due to 0 demand until it hits a reasonable price that all parties are willing to pay.

Which actually translates to: Prices will be as high as the couple kiddies with daddy's credit cards are willing to pay gilsellers to get their blue trophy weapon while they idle in 38% gear haste.

While the legit players will scratch their head at who the fuck is dropping RME tier gil on sub par RME weapons.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alternatively, if demand is nonexistant at the standard prices, they might just not get made at all instead of prices falling.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There isnt any alternative use for the Demon medals, but people are gonna wanna farm their RME points if they are smart, so their will be a decent supply of materials.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Alternatively, if demand is nonexistant at the standard prices, they might just not get made at all instead of prices falling.
    ^ This seems far more likely to me. If NQ/HQ1 are both losses to make, either by only selling below 20mil-30mil cost or simply no one is willing to buy them, then it wouldn't make any sense for crafters to bother with making them, even if the HQ2 sells for 150mil+. :/

Not seeing a whole lot of reason to craft (any) of the +2 ones at all, or risk the mats on shield enchantment.

RDM and WHM are the only ones that really matter as NQ +1 or +2 (until augs hit)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Not seeing a whole lot of reason to craft (any) of the +2 ones at all, or risk the mats on shield enchantment.

RDM and WHM are the only ones that really matter as NQ +1 or +2 (until augs hit)
    If my COR was mastered already, I'd be gunning for that dagger, even if just to test it out and confirm that it does add the DT- effect to your rolls (and affects party members.) <_<;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So did they mention these would have augs eventually or are we just guessing at that?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So did they mention these would have augs eventually or are we just guessing at that?
    * The reason the weapons are not more impressive is that they will be augmentable in the future (again, planned for September.)
    * Weapon augs use an RP system and have multiple paths. Augmented weapons will no longer be sellable.
    * The above RP augment system will also apply to current RMEA.
    * Seems that RP is gained by dealing damage to specific Wave3 bosses depending on class. Example given: You see a boss holding what appears to be an Excalibur, you'd want to whack it with Relic weapons. Weapon class appropriate RP is gained for the whole group based on which of RMEA the target is holding, based on damage dealt to it.
    * We won't have any indication of how many points we have until September, but the system is in place already and points will still be tallied in the meantime. These points are stored on your character, not the weapon itself.
    * The weapon-typed points appear to be separated by zone. Four Divergence zones <> Four "Ultimate Weapon" classes
    A lot more information in the dev tracker thread, worth checking it out if you don't follow it.

If my COR was mastered already, I'd be gunning for that dagger, even if just to test it out and confirm that it does add the DT- effect to your rolls (and affects party members.) <_<;;
    Obviously it wont

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Obviously it wont
    Nyarlko just wants to dream and spread false hope and expectations like everyone else, okay?!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Nyarlko just wants to dream and spread false hope and expectations like everyone else, okay?!
    No, it's just what it sounded like during the broadcast. >.> I'm pretty darn sure that the COR/BRD daggers apply the DT- to the buffs themselves. I could be wrong of course, since they didn't show off and explain the daggers during the broadcast specifically. /shrug

We'll find out soon enough I'm sure, since they probably have the best chance at someone making one. There's also a good chance that they'll add additional information to the FP40 summary next week, and who knows.. maybe they'll add official info on these at that time. XD

NOTE: If anyone on Asura is willing to sell me the base dagger for dirt cheap for the sake of SCIENCE!, then I'll get one made as soon as I can find someone with a smithing Escutcheon, and polish off mastering COR in order to test it myself. XD

Do you realize how entirely broken 3/6/9/12/15/18/21/24/27/30 FREE DT is for the entire party?

Even assuming just 6% DT for (all rolls) and 3% for (all songs) 9% is a free Dring to the entire party.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

4*3 = 6*2 = baransu

I bet it applies party-wide.

Is there a cap on Geomancy+?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Is there a cap on Geomancy+?
    It doesn't stack. Only the highest potency item counts (same as Roll+). The new neck gives a midpoint between the +5 on Nepote Bell/Dunna and +10 on Idris.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Riiiight. Oops.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Riiiight. Oops.
    Been out of the game too long, playa.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

4*3 = 6*2 = baransu

I bet it applies party-wide.
    while riding the speculation train, why arent people viewing the whole picture? these weapons arent r/ex. brd and cor should be dual wielding them and applying the effects twice over on the whole pt