FFXI Server
    Sylph

July 2018 Version Update

Feelin a lot of meh on this

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Smn staff miiiight be good for landing debuffs. Otherwise it's very meh...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There are some golden nuggets among the shit pile.. brd knife is nice, roto bards can give up to 24~36DT if no 1hr used, 30~45% if used which in dyna my current static does the bard roto so this could make tanks into pretty strong dd if they can unturtle.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the BRD and COR weapons are the real winner of this update, I think.

The DNC knife is a bit worse than Twashtar as an offhand, I think, but it does make steps free (with any of the other pieces of Step Cost gear). Not good for DDing, but not a terrible knife either.

BLM weapon is likely stupid, but maybe gamebreaking if it uses pre-manawall damage.

Err... that GEO necklace has Geomancy +7 on it...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Guessing how this goes...

The generically named weapons (Fallen's Scythe, Fallen's Scythe +1, etc.) are likely crafted from the Moldy weapons and materials that drop from T3 Dynamis - Divergence monsters, while the uniquely named ones (Father Time) probably drop from T3 Dynamis - Divergence NMs.

The necklace base pieces (Moldy Gorget, Moldy Torque, etc.), which are shared across jobs, likely drop from T3 Dynamis - Divergence monsters, along with job-specific Crystals that are used to upgrade them.

Interestingly, none of these items are R/Ex. Looks like they will all be on the AH.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

FP40 stream has been archived and is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpa0kja6OLw

I'll do my 2nd pass tonight, hopefully I'll be able to fill in a few of the blanks in my first pass. Desperately need help with translation for these things, so if your Japanese skills are even merely somewhat passable, please pitch in. ^^;;

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for wasting your time releasing a bunch of useless shit SE. You can go back to working on something else now. People easily make REAM weapons now, so why would they bother with more hassle for weaker shit?

Lets go down the annoying shit checklist for these garbage weapons:
    • Doing Divergence and fighting the 2nd wave NM to reach a third and stronger wave. You know, some of the most challenging content in the game compared to completing a relic weapon in a day.
    • Having a job mastered.
    • Someone with a completed Escutcheon.
    • HQ an unspecified recipe that you know is going to be some sort of pain in the ass.
    • Other unspecified details since this just dropped.
    • The weapons suck.

You can see how they purposely omitted stats boosts from these so that they aren't huge offhand weapons like Empyrean weapons too. Class act.

Accessories are much less crappy by comparison to the slot.
    BLUs being rather useless for DD (as per almost anything since Omen), but allowing for an extra occultation shadow to be reached.

DRGs likely grants:

Accuracy+25, Attack+25 & +4%, Critical hit rate +4%, Defense +4%, DA +2%, JA Haste+2%
    Wyvern: HP+6%, Attack +4, Accuracy +6

Which sounds better than it is. It changes nothing for DRG at the high end where it needed help and shouldn't be used for fully buffed situations. Afterall, Anu Torque exists as does Ganesha/Shulmanu for those receiving SAMs roll or shitty DRGs using a Wrongomiant.

As for low end situations, of course gaining 2% JA haste wins if you have no buffs. However, all you need is Haste II and a naked March from a BRD trust to be capped as is DRG/sam. So that is a threshold everyone can hit with two trusts, and the rest of the stats don't really matter for things you fight with a lack of buffs. No one min-maxes for fodder outside of delay reduction.
    The most interesting thing probably is seeing a neck that enhances the dumb jump effect from the relic body if you full timed it. Not that SE will release enough gear from here on to make that a consequential play style change for DRG.

Once again though that is all with a max HQ neck because make synthing great again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There are some golden nuggets among the shit pile.. brd knife is nice, roto bards can give up to 24~36DT if no 1hr used, 30~45% if used which in dyna my current static does the bard roto so this could make tanks into pretty strong dd if they can unturtle.
    There's no way the DT is going to apply to anyone but the bard, and I bet only when you have the dagger equipped to boot.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There's no way the DT is going to apply to anyone but the bard, and I bet only when you have the dagger equipped to boot.
    10/10 on logic. I couldn't see it working any other way, but...

Meanwhile how these things work at AH.com:

Guy 1: "DOES EVERYONE GET DT?!"
    Guy 2: "SICK, EVERYONE GETS DT FROM BRD, BROKEN!"
    Guy 3: "DOES THAT DT GO PAST 50%?!"
    Guy 1: "IDK, LEMME ECHO CHAMBER THIS WITH MORE SPECULATIVE IGNORANCE GUYS"
    Guy 2: "<basic observation someone else already made>"
    Kat: "Something dumb, I am right, you are wrong, something more retarded. <Reports you for ad hominem>."

I didn't read the update thread there, someone tell me if I nailed it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How about that SAM GK allowing SAM to use ALL GreatSword weaponskills?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Typo, should say Great Katana.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If these +1 weapons end up selling for around 40~50 mil, thats actually pretty awesome.

I punched a few of these weapons into DPS spreadsheets, and a lot of them get kind of close to RME tier raw damage, however Afterglow still makes RMEs win by a decent margin.

However, if these sell for even 50 mil or so, that is like a fourth of the cost of make the weapon. Not sure if its correct but the Su5 weapons also appear to not be R/E, so they can be sold on AH I think? Maybe.

I would be pretty willing to drop 50mil or so on the Su5 weapons considering how close they get me to RME dmg. End game monsters are already hitting me for like, 0~10 dmg, I don't feel a burning need for Burtgang. Magic damage is way more important to protect against.

Basically, I'd be willing to spend on Moralltach the same price as an Aegis. Which on asure is about 45 mil. Its a very very solid sword.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The SU5 weapons are going to take millions per crafting attempt, and seem to be HQ2s on a T0 synth; even with the shield, I can't see them going for under 100m for a long, long time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The SU5 weapons are going to take millions per crafting attempt, and seem to be HQ2s on a T0 synth; even with the shield, I can't see them going for under 100m for a long, long time.
    Thats still almost half the price of an Empy. I guess the real question is:

What would you prefer? Spamming escha NM clears and building a comparable Aeonic? Or buying one of these off a crafter?

Itd probably depend on the weapon, and if you have the man power available to get all your escha clears, thats probably the more worthwhile option if you want a budget weapon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    How about that SAM GK allowing SAM to use ALL Great Katana weaponskills?
    Let's you use Kasha, Kaiten, Shoha, Fudo and Rana without unlocking skills or wielding different weapons

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Oh boy, can't wait for someone to get it and then bitch that Kaiten is complete ass because no 40% WSD to Kaiten. Shocker tho it's still ass even with that, I don't know where people are saying it's a solid WS, I can't get it to push beyond 10k even with bolstered idris-frailty.

It would have been better to just give us all GS WS so we have Resolution.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    If these +1 weapons end up selling for around 40~50 mil, thats actually pretty awesome.

I punched a few of these weapons into DPS spreadsheets, and a lot of them get kind of close to RME tier raw damage, however Afterglow still makes RMEs win by a decent margin.

However, if these sell for even 50 mil or so, that is like a fourth of the cost of make the weapon. Not sure if its correct but the Su5 weapons also appear to not be R/E, so they can be sold on AH I think? Maybe.

I would be pretty willing to drop 50mil or so on the Su5 weapons considering how close they get me to RME dmg. End game monsters are already hitting me for like, 0~10 dmg, I don't feel a burning need for Burtgang. Magic damage is way more important to protect against.

Basically, I'd be willing to spend on Moralltach the same price as an Aegis. Which on asure is about 45 mil. Its a very very solid sword.
    Right now, on Asura, using current AH history (rather than the incoming gougefest that is just about guaranteed,) and without knowing the actual cost for the base weapons, we're looking at ~15mil in mats. Tack on the 1-3 demon medals that I'm expecting the base weapons to cost, and that's very easily going to put you in the 25mil-30mil range simply for material costs right now, and I'm expecting medal prices to shoot up for a few months at least from here. Now find someone with the correct completed escutcheon, and convince them to synth your weapon, and pray for both an HQ2 result on a T0-T1 synth AND that your synther doesn't try to steal it from you.. <,<;;

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    How about that SAM GK allowing SAM to use ALL GreatSword weaponskills?
    Great for the gullible people that come out of the woodwork every update.

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Thats still almost half the price of an Empy. I guess the real question is:

What would you prefer? Spamming escha NM clears and building a comparable Aeonic? Or buying one of these off a crafter?

Itd probably depend on the weapon, and if you have the man power available to get all your escha clears, thats probably the more worthwhile option if you want a budget weapon.
    So what? It could be a 20m weapon and it still be a waste of money that could have gone to something more worthwhile.
    Ambuscade has killed the cost of making REAM weapons. It is only ~140m for metals and cinders for an empy excluding the easy ambuscade mats you can get each month or any VW campaigns.

But like you can sell these back, so it's a no cost investment. (assuming you're smart enough to get rid of it and not augment it, and before the price tanks)