+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Summer Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Tried to watch ep 1 of Tsukumogami. It was bad. Do not recommend.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I have to admit that I’ve gotten into the habit of watching Pokémon every week lately. This video is a pretty good explanation as to why

The show is generally really fun. Some episodes are heartfelt and deep, some are just goofy and enjoyable. But week to week it’s just a nice little 22~ish minutes of viewing. It sort of follows the gams’s storyline if anyone has played sun or moon, but not to a perfect tee. There’s enough variance to make it fun.

Also, in a similar vein, the Professor Layton: Katrielle’s mysteries (or whatever it’s called) is also a lot of fun. I mean, the mysteries themselves are pretty ezpz and not really anything to be in awe of, but the characters and voice work are a lot of fun and the animation is really fluid and yeah, another weekly light hearted reprieve

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just watched that YT video before I came here, already convinced that I HAD to watch that Pokemon show. Gonna do it.

Might also have to try the Layton anime...If I ever finish the Phoenix Wright anime... :D

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Now that all the introductions are done and the setting is laid out, this week was peak Grand Blue and why I love the series so much.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Manly alpha shit on Planet With this week. No idea where this show is going but I like it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Marvel Rising: Initiation(special to promote the TV animated movie).

Best Marvel animated show since Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I was not only engaged, but it's shaping up to be something much needed from Marvel animation. Despite the low budget, it had good fight choreography, likable characters and mature subjects that would at least appeal to larger demographic than just kids. It's good to see people with passion working on a marvel animated show again.

Special is up for free on youtube(US only).

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I got impatient and read ahead in Overlord. So glad I did, this shit gets amazing. The first chapter of volume 9 is hilarious

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

and.... I'm still watching horrible sub videos in 2018 O_o

Speaking of which... I should take a nap until the next episode of overlord... dam that little bit of a preview of Aizen fight starting near the end of the last episode... ;/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Peak peak Gintama this week. So glad it's not over and they're going ahead with the timeskip. The manga is slated to end in 4 more chapters so I'm hoping they animate it right to the finish.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does anyone else think Ayano's subtle and calculated revenge in Hanebado! is the best thing this season?

It's cringe worthy and psychopathic so far, I didn't think it was supposed to be a horror anime.

Animation is nice but all the characters are so fucking dumb lol, I'm just waiting for it to go full Dusk to Dawn slasher rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Peak peak Gintama this week. So glad it's not over and they're going ahead with the timeskip. The manga is slated to end in 4 more chapters so I'm hoping they animate it right to the finish.
    I didn't think they'd do a time skip, but seeing as this isn't the full season maybe they'll do one more? Or is this 26 episodes? Thinking about Gintama ending makes me sad.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    and.... I'm still watching horrible sub videos in 2018 O_o

Speaking of which... I should take a nap until the next episode of overlord... dam that little bit of a preview of Aizen fight starting near the end of the last episode... ;/

Hard to get hyped for a fight that has zero challenge to him. Last episode got really creepy, what with the torture and such, and while I liked seasons one and two, as they got acclimated to the world, I'm having a hard time caring outside of the one battle of the goblins vs the trolls. At least that one had some stakes to it, until the one maid showed up. I get that at the start, they had to be cautious, but they should be marching across the plains, at this point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Isn't he still being cautious because they still have no idea who was able to control Shalltear and someone like that could prove to be a problem even for him?

There is that, but it's also a relative mystery if there may be other players lurking around (with considerable power), too. To some extent, I'm in agreement that it can get kind of blah seeing so much attention given to people not-Ains or his immediate circle. So much air time felt wasted on the lizards, just for what seemed to be a set up for seeing if the hamster could class change, and even then he's still comparably low level to the bosses. And while there was some satisfaction to seeing the jerk get his shit wrecked, that's conceptual low-hanging fruit. Meanwhile, there's the political stuff with the secret-sadist princess and the other nearby kingdom, but there's been no immediate indication that anyone in either realm is also a threat.

And honestly, the biggest downside to sifting through so many characters is I can't remember their names, except for stupid ones like Brain. Stuff like the potion boy falls into Ains' experiment umbrella, but he'd also relatively not give two shits about the girl or the village if he could still keep the boy motivated without them. Just keeping a more powerful pawn or two in the area would more than suffice for keeping them safe, then. Though, I'm not quite sure why he sent the undead troll to attack after originally killing it unless it was mainly to deepen their reliance on him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I agree that there's just too much focus being put and introducing things that feel irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

As for the troll, I thought it was another experiment, to see how a zombie troll works and what it's properties will be

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Didn't he also
    Spoiler: show
    mention offhand that it would be a test for the servant he had guarding the boy and the village? I assumed he wanted to make sure she was paying attention and would intervene if the boy or his loved ones were ever in any real danger.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The anime for Overlord is quite a ways past the manga right?

Character are becoming hard for me to keep straight in a lot of places. I'm having a problem with Combat Continent where I started reading the original, then started reading the sequel, then I started reading a half dozen other re-incarnated with special powers mangas around then too. All of them are getting blurred together in my brain.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno how many episodes are left but

Spoiler: show
    I'm just hoping we get to the point where he uses super-tier magic to wipe out 180k people and basically just laughs it off as setting a new high score.

Should have named that last episode of Overlord, A Handful of Nope. Glad this season is better than season 2.