Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Summer Anime 2018 Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe it's because I had a break between season 2 and 3, but
    Spoiler: show
    the whole main character being told his plans by his servants is a little annoying to me. I don't remember that happening much in the first two seasons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It did start being a quite regular thing at one points, don't remember when

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Maybe it's because I had a break between season 2 and 3, but
    the whole main character being told his plans by his servants is a little annoying to me. I don't remember that happening much in the first two seasons.
    YES

I think this is it, I think this is what bugs me so much in season 2 and 3. Dude has no control and is just following his servants plans while being an asshole with a dumb point someone else is making. Everything lately is that, it's just him reacting to shit while weaklings are still in awe.

The more that is shown the less that seems relevant, and the further you get from the initial draw of Overlord.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The anime doesn’t really do the light novel any justice when it comes to that. In the LN, it’s very much pounded home that he’s in way over his head and just constantly bluffing and improvising his way through everything to the point that not only the guardians are in constant awe of him but his enemies also think excessively highly of him.

It’s really actually quite funny to read and the anime doesn’t give us nearly as much of his inner monologue or the inner thoughts and conversations other characters have about him to really do it justice.

The thing is though, he very much is doing his own thing and is constantly trying to get Demiurge and Albedo to talk about what they’re thinking because he has no clue lol. A lot of what he does beyond this arc in the ln’s is of his own choice and the results are great lol

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Has much beyond the end of Season 2 been translated in the light novel? I don't remember reading much beyond the raiding of the various underground origanizations (in fact I think what I've read is just before that).

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Is he still completely unaware at this point that
    all of his new spell scrolls are being made from human skin or does he just not care? I assumed at first that some of the truly evil shit Demi does behind his back would set them up for an inevitable confrontation but now I'm not so sure.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I may have my volume numbers off here but I think the anime is ~currently~ on volume 9 and will probably end with the end of it. And the LN's are translated up to chapter 3 of volume 12. At least, that's the last chapter I've found/read.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian
    all of his new spell scrolls are being made from human skin or does he just not care? I assumed at first that some of the truly evil shit Demi does behind his back would set them up for an inevitable confrontation but now I'm not so sure.
    I don't remember reading about the scrolls (I haven't read all the light novels, just started on volume 7 or 8), but I don't think he gives a fuck. The end of volume 9 really pounds that point home with what he does. He also states many times in the LN's that his new undead body has really taken away any emotions or connections or sympathy he has towards humans

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Nah, AInz is a derp.
    He doesn't get Demiurge's personality unlike Sebas.
    Also can't see past metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart
    Has much beyond the end of Season 2 been translated in the light novel?
    All the currently released volumes have been translated, 1-13(+side stories/drama CDs/Pleiades OVAs/2Movies), only thing that hasn't been completed is the web novel, think that's done up until the end of vol9

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mutafukaz - From Studio 4℃ - 2018

http://mutafukaz.jp/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The pokemon anime started 20 years ago and watching Ash say goodbye to one of his pokemon still absolutely fucking destroys me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Mutafukaz - From Studio 4℃ - 2018

http://mutafukaz.jp/

still looks amazing

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Next week's episode of Overlord is gonna be fuuuuuun

Speaking of Overlord... that CG lol

Damn man...damn. I mean it's always been bad but it's never been overused like that.

Yeah, that's some Berserk-tier shit with the army spam.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Speaking of Overlord... that CG lol

Damn man...damn. I mean it's always been bad but it's never been overused like that.
    Hopefully its to save some budget to go all out the last bit before the series end.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I really enjoyed that episode of Overlord, despite the bad CG.

Was kind of hoping Emiri had some special powers, as it seemed to be hinted before, but reading up on things, it seems she just got lucky with using the second horn.

Still, Ainz has another army at his disposal, capable of crushing entire nations; time to get jiggy with it.

OL
    Does the novel stuff just say the horn itself was special or was it more like her building a relationship with the goblins built up a sort of hidden rep meter that made the horn stronger when used? I recall someone in town mentioning the horn was a rare item or something a few eps back, but I just assumed they were generally rare.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Man that cg was so rough, was this a ps1 cut scene? A little disappointed that one of my fav moments from the books wasn't done better(tho the guys going flying away from walking into the shields was pretty funny)

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    OL
    Does the novel stuff just say the horn itself was special or was it more like her building a relationship with the goblins built up a sort of hidden rep meter that made the horn stronger when used? I recall someone in town mentioning the horn was a rare item or something a few eps back, but I just assumed they were generally rare.
    The line from the book explaining it
    —The reason was simple. Its true power was not simply a matter of summoning
    19 Goblins.
    In YGGDRASIL, this item had been unable to reveal its true value and was discarded
    as a trash drop.
    However, in this New World, this item was about to unleash its true power.
    Let us go over the name of the item once more.
    "Horn of the Goblin General".
    Its true power, revealed only when three conditions were met, was—
    It's never said exactly what but i assume it has something to do with the classes she's been getting after smning the first set of goblins.
    One of the conditions could be that the number of goblins is released is equal to the amount of enemies your facing at the time, Enri getting 5kgobs while facing 5k soldiers is a bit coincidental

Do not pursue Lu Bu

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Saw a post about the specific, three conditions:

In vol.9 there’s a trivia explaining the horn’s requirement. Below is I copy from reddit:

The user must be of a beginner-level; Lv.10 or under. Her character sheet clearly states that, by the end of Vol.8, she tops out at Lv.6.
    The user must have at least 1 Job-Level in [General]. Since the item has “General” in its name (which the LN takes a moment to specifically point out), it makes sense that it was made for an actual General.
    The user must be confronted by one or more enemies whose combined levels equal 100 or more. When she blows the horn, she is being chased by a Company of 100 soldiers. Now, even though they’re probably just peasant levies, and most of them might not even be over Lv.3, the fact is that their WAS exactly 100 of them.