+ Reply to Thread
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The Meg (Jason Statham, Li Bingbing) (August 10, 2018)

Seeing how the rest of the summer movie season is going to be pretty dead I thought I would post a thread for this. The production values are probably pretty low. Who knows though? It might be a good pop corn B-movie flick.

Fyi, it's based on the cheesy and scientifically inaccurate book of the same name.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think this movie got brought up in another thread, but it's not only going to be the greatest thing released this summer, but the greatest thing released this year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How is that not a made for tv scifi channel movie?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Said the same thing when I saw the trailer, to which my gf replied “Because it has Jason Statham in it.”

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Said the same thing when I saw the trailer, to which my gf replied “Because it has Jason Statham in it.”
    1 point for her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So this was just as amazingly ridiculous as I had hoped for. And the little girl has got to win most adorable child ever

Having read the books, this is going to be a hard pass for me. Too much of a difference between the books and the movie. Waiting patiently for my copy of the newest book in the series to get here.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I wanted to see it tonight after I got off from work but the showings are on at really weird times near me. One at 6:30, which I couldn't make, and then a late showing which I don't really don't feel like going too. I guess I will just go on AMC's cheap movie day. 5 bucks is all it deserves anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The tone of the movie kinda flipped half way through, once the meg got loose. First half felt like a much more serious movie then the 2nd half is what you would suspect.

Enjoyable dumb movie, DJ "the black actor" had the theater cracking up. A lot of bad shark movies this isn't the worst I'd put it below Deep Blue Sea. Way above deep blue sea 2.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    There's already a SyFy movie called Megalodon and it features a Russian subplot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...tley-exclusive
    Warner Bros. is going back in the water for another bite.

The studio has set filmmaker Ben Wheatley, whose updated version of Gothic tale Rebecca debuted this week, to direct the sequel to its 2018 giant shark thriller hit, The Meg.

Much of key talent from the first movie is expected to return, including Jason Statham, who is said to be creatively involved. Jon and Erich Hoeber wrote the most recent draft working off an initial draft by Dean Georgaris (all three shared credit on the intial outting). Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Belle Avery are back as producers.

BG Level

Well, that's completely unnecessary... and I'll look forward to it anyway.