1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.4 Live Letter(s)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean you could do it still. EXP in Pyros doesn't actually suck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    An extreme emphasis on weeping. Is bunny light farming still a thing? That can get you to 23/24 real quick if you have a 35+ friend
    No friends at any level

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I just got from 35->37 in a couple hours doing challenge log (all completed except ashkin), two NMs, and a handful of bunny FATEs in Pyros. I am surprised to say that I already have nearly 200 of those logos mneme component things, but haven't taken them to the guy yet. The elementals seem to solidly drop 5+ every kill.

Found one bunny chest, Bronze, 2 Battledance V and like 7 of those mneme component things. Cool, bronze is still garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    So when can I expect this to be nerfed so a super casual like me can come in and get everything in a week or so?
    Anemos was nerfed when Pagos came out.
    Pagos was just nerfed (even more) because Pyros came out.

Pyros will likely stay as it currently until the next major patch (or beyond) is unless there's a huge shitstorm like there was with Pyros.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The mneme components are marketable from what I read, so that also will alleviate from the RNG component

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably will be a thing where you trade your upgraded Anemos armor + some Pyros Crystals to get a generic Fending/Maiming/Scouting/Striking/Healing/Casting/Aiming armor, depending on the role of your job. Therefore it's unlikely the job specific AF armor will continue being job specific, and you trade it in to get a generic armor piece. Makes sense because creating 15 new sets of armor this late into the expansion is insane.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Is bunny light farming still a thing? That can get you to 23/24 real quick if you have a 35+ friend
    Depends entirely on how long it takes people to give up on doing the low level bunny FATE. People were killing the Pagos bunnies this morning but the exp is really pitiful so we'll see how long that goes on for.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

a melee that uses caster gear wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility. i remember similar discussions before rogue/ninja was released. they could also do what they did back then and put an alternate main stat on caster gear. i also find it interesting that in the dissidia NT trailer Yuna is shown just casting primal moves without the primal coming out.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They'll just have INT affect physical damage like they did with DEX for NIN. This already exists to an extent for RDM. I'm more concerned about the fact that they pigeon hole so many jobs that should be visually diverse into the same exact sets of gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To quote what Alkar said earlier. If BLU is our next caster job its not going to be a Melee Caster. They're getting the Caster Role Actions and the Caster LB. And if there's one thing I would heavily count on they're not going to radically change the design of an 8 man party. Especially before an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    This is a pretty good summary of what we know so far regarding this new job: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...i37y6SNGc/edit

No other leaked job could fit into this other than BLU. Caster set, caster role actions, caster LB... I think the picture is pretty clear. It also kinda implies we are getting it before 5.0 otherwise why bother with role actions?
    Maybe during the Fan Fests they have a rework planned around job roles (I would put money they're gonna change what role actions are and further consolidate ability bloat) but I doubt they're going to do anything remotely game changing in the jump from 4.X to 5.0.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Caster role actions and caster LB hardly preclude a melee caster... especially not a hybrid like RDM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see BLU as an opposite to RDM in this game actually so a mostly melee fighter with some ranged options (or mid range with a whip). We'll know soon enough I guess, if it's coming before the expansion they will announce it at the NA fanfest.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I would be fine with no new jobs if they gave a whole rework of each current job so they had some unique identity. Every job is pretty much the same fucking thing with a different coat of paint. I can mnk there for I can sam. I can war there for why the fuck would I play any other tank job.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would just figure BLU would be a melee job with a proper DPS rotation as the base, and rather than using role skills, they just get unlockable offgcds to slot in using that same role skill window, either via quests or getting hit by certain mobs. Shit like self-recovery skills for solo play, to CC (not that 95% of the time uses it), debuffs, and mitigation tools.

It's the most boring way I can think of ARR doing the job while still having some semblance of control from a design point.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would imagine BLU quests would function around you needing to track down a monster and getting a key monster ability when you complete the level70 quest.

i forget if SAM and RDM gated 50-60 abilities behind quests. I don't think they did unlike the other 13 jobs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They didn't. You had the same style quests, but learned the ability as soon as you leveled up. I actually didn't care for it

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It would have made sense if BLU was a Scouting DPS. I like to imagine SE pigeonholes DPS based on their armor class.

Scouting: Low DPS, High Raid Utility
    Striking: High DPS, Low Raid Utility
    Maiming: Moderate DPS, Moderate Raid Utility

Aiming: Physical Ranged
    Casting: Magical Ranged

They could have made BLU a Scouting DPS, wearing light armor like Ninja. BLU magic could utilize a new system rather than generic casting like other mages. Something that can be casted while moving, similar to Ninjutsu but not a traditional cast bar. Between casts, they can follow a weapon skill combo system, also like Ninja. Having BLU be a melee but wear casting gear is awkward because of the lowered HP/Def and being in melee range isn't conducive to hard-casting. Moreover, having BLU be a traditional caster also doesn't quite make sense given we just got RDM recently, so a scouting DPS would be nice, as there's currently 3 casters, 2 striking, 1 maiming, 2 aiming, and 1 scouting. I could have seen BLU being a candidate for a scouting DPS, while in 6.0 we could potentially get a maiming DPS (some kind of medium armor class melee...Beastmaster with dual hatchets or something).

Another option is they could start subdividing casting gear moving forward 71+. BLM and SMN can be on one sub-set and RDM and BLU could be on a new sub-set. They could call the BLM/SMN set "Channeling" and RDM/BLU set "Skirmishing" They did this 51+ as prior to that, DoW jobs pretty much shared all the same gear. After 50 that's when they started dividing it up into Maiming/Scoutinig/Striking etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ht_Celebration

Christmas event. Outfit is amazing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is what I’ve been waiting on to use my 96 free hours in the return campaign.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...ht_Celebration

Christmas event. Outfit is amazing.
    is it..? maybe we have different ideas of what is amazing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let them have their choir boy fantasies