1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.4 Live Letter(s)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    I think MCH has a different type of soul crystal already iirc. That may not be a big issue for a Gunblade job.
    MCH has an artificial soul crystal because you are part of the first group of MCH to ever exist, so there is no drawing on powers of past practitioners of the job like other classes have.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    -Healer-
    Healing=3 (MND) (these will likely never be split into subgroups)

-Tank-
    Fending=3 (STR) (these will likely never be split into subgroups)

-Melee-
    Maiming (STR) =1
    Striking (STR) =2
    Scouting (DEX) =1

-Ranged-
    Casting (INT) = 3
    Aiming (DEX) = 2

I know we have 3 DEX jobs (1 melee and 2 casters) but if the reports say it will be a support melee job, stands to reason it would be scouting. What makes casters have lower VIT on gear is the fact that they aren't exposed to as many mechanics (generally) as melee, and they also don't have positionals. Melee tend to have positionals and can cast "spells" while moving (Ninjutsu). PLD is an exception as a tank but Clemency and Holy Spirit aren't absolutely necessary elements of their role (tanking) like defense cooldowns are. If a melee job also has to cast spells and is in casting gear it just seems awkward as hell to me. Why not just make their spells based on DEX and give them Scouting gear? Right? They name dropped Dalmasca in 4.4, it's probable that we're going there and there will be some Turkish/Ottoman-influenced areas, which is perfect for Blue Mage.

I know they modified casting gear, but it's too early to be modifying gear yet, especially if the expansion isn't to come out till June/July.
    You're forgetting that Blue Mage is rumored to be released early because it's (apparently) already finished and its development was similar to Ninja's. And if the list we got is definite there would be no job other than Blue Mage that would fit into the caster gearsets. If anything Dancer could be a DEX based healer job.
    And Ninja is a melee on DEX gear (previously exclusive to ranged DPS), why can't we have a melee on INT?

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    MCH has an artificial soul crystal because you are part of the first group of MCH to ever exist, so there is no drawing on powers of past practitioners of the job like other classes have.
    Yeah! That. Wouldn't be surprised if that's how they handle some sort of Gunblade knight going forward.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is a pretty good summary of what we know so far regarding this new job: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...i37y6SNGc/edit

No other leaked job could fit into this other than BLU. Caster set, caster role actions, caster LB... I think the picture is pretty clear. It also kinda implies we are getting it before 5.0 otherwise why bother with role actions?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

MCH's soul crystal is not artificial. It's just new--so it hasn't be aetherically carved with deeds and stories of past wielders. It's fresh and empty, so subsequent MCHs will benefit from your crystal. As the first wielder, you are creating your own techniques from your own experiences. For other jobs 30-50, you gain techniques from the soul crystal revealing to you visions of past battles of previous wielders via the echo, which is how you learn lost techniques, ancient magicks that took decades to learn in a short period of time. The echo allows you to SEE/FEEL those events as if they were your own (shown as blueish hued flashbacks in MSQ). We presumably enter the minds of past wielders and gain the techniques vicariously through them. As we gain battle experience, more techniques are shown to us as we are deemed increasingly more worthy. 50+ this no longer happens and we seem to have mastered everything from previous wielders (except the 60/70 techniques where our crystal is shown in the cutscene, indicating the skill was gained from that).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

And Ninja is a melee on DEX gear (previously exclusive to ranged DPS), why can't we have a melee on INT?
    This is fine...it's just that they're going to have drastically lower HP/Defense than other melees due to Casting gear having the lowest VIT/DEF of any set. Also, melees don't typically have a lot of casted actions since they need to be the most mobile, with the exception of SAM, PLD (and NIN's TJC) of course. That said, if BLU are mostly melee (GCDrotation/positionals) with special actions being occasional blue magic, (like SAM's finishers or PLD's quick casting Holy Spirits) that's fine. But an Always-Be-Casting type caster in close range wouldn't be so great, though they can make the spells be instant cast like Aero III/Bio III, which would obviate the need for casting bars.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

BLU could just have extra HP/defense scaling from VIT/INT, defensive traits/buffs, etc. I don't see what the big deal is. There was plenty of shit like that in other MMOs like WoW that FFXIV is based on.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Is there any precedent currently for different jobs have different stat calculations? I just see a contradiction with the above spreadsheet and the leaker. Leaker said support melee and spreadsheet says caster. It's either officially caster or melee. RDM is officially a caster not a melee, it just had a few melee range attacks but most of its time is spent casting from a distance. For a job to be called a support melee, I would imagine it would be mostly in range (i cant think of any targeted spell in the game that costs MP that has a shorter range than 15'). So it'll be interesting to see if it turns out to be another RDM type job (casts mostly with a few close range skills) or if it's a melee with melee skills and a few oGCD/instant cast spells that use MP and have small radius. I am not quite sure if the leaker would consider RDM a support melee or a caster and how that differs from how BLU will play.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You see a contradiction because you assume a BLU on caster sets would be identical to our current casters. Blue Mage was mainly a melee in FFXI but it was also casting spells, we really don't know what they're doing with it in this game.
    I know they've had a very rigid system so far but let's hope they're learning, heck "Dancer" would play nothing like our current healers anyway.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If BLU becomes a true melee, I can see 3 things happening:

-INT and magic attack being used to improve the power of both their magical and physical skills. This would be a retooling of the INT stat similar to DEX for NIN, however it has been done before with RDM's melee combo.
    -Either some additional defense (which wouldn't really be mandatory considering getting hit by physical mechanics would hit harder, but getting hit by magic would deal less seeing as caster gear has monumental magic defense) or frequent, third eye style abilities that boost defense (Cocoon).
    -INT based auto attacks. This would be unique to BLU, however if BLU is to be a true melee job, auto attacks will have to function properly unlike the existing caster jobs who hit for nothing. There is no purpose to being in melee range otherwise.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It doesn't necessarily need to melee to be a close range caster (thou it probably will), demonology warlock (when metamorphosis was a thing) in WoW wanted to be in melee range to maximize damage (especially AoE), and it was one of the most fun specs the game ever had.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Logos stuff and winter event. And new activity is because they updated the job files, so caster gear has a new slot on it for (insert new job).

So yep, the UI stuff is for Logos as expected.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

But its blue, the only color that could be associated with a mage. This is bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah the UI stuff is for Logos and the Christmas dancing minigame (they're apparently doing some sort of collab with Theatrhythm for the Starlight celebration this year).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Making Christmas stuff when we're not even in October yet, my god they're worse than NA retail stores. As soon as August ends Christmas shit hits the shelves where I'm from.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well this was the last major patch before the seasonal event so it makes sense, they always do this.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Making Christmas stuff when we're not even in October yet, my god they're worse than NA retail stores. As soon as August ends Christmas shit hits the shelves where I'm from.
    Yeah, especially Drug GM, where they start getting Valentines day stuff in December. I hated that crap most all when I worked in Frozen Foods. I understand why they do it though. Just before = less sales. It doesn't usually work out so well, because not every department head will continuously order, and wait til a day or two before the holiday to start ordering real heavy. Then they can't get anything because the warehouse is out.. all due to everyone ordering heavy last minute.

I guess this kind of thing happens no matter what kind of company it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My walmart has christmas ornaments already so....

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Well this was the last major patch before the seasonal event so it makes sense, they always do this.
    Hasn't stopped them in the past of pushing things in a X.X1,2,3 patch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are we really complaining that they're adding files to the game too early now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast