+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Joker (October 4, 2019)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It killed the box office.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Going to be interesting to see how much it makes by tomorrow morning.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

93.5 mil domestic so far, 255 mil total.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, just saw it. Fucking amazing. Jared Leto, continue to eat shit you rabid dog.

Now my complaint. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MOVIE HAVE TO DO WITH THE INCEL COMMUNITY?!??!! I’m seeing articles about how this movie is trashing on incel this and incel that and it makes no fucking sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Now my complaint. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MOVIE HAVE TO DO WITH THE INCEL COMMUNITY?!??!! I’m seeing articles about how this movie is trashing on incel this and incel that and it makes no fucking sense.
    Shitposting that got a little to real, picked up by the military, and hit mainstream and now it seems like some of these outlets want an actual shooting so they can get their nut off or something.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/u-s-military...iol-1838412331

Over time, some radicalized members of the incel community have formed an ideology that promotes violence. Elliot Rodger self-identified as an incel before he killed six people near the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2014. And James Holmes, the man who opened fire in a crowded movie theater in 2012 has become a bit of a hero to the incel community. It’s often been repeated that Holmes was inspired by the Joker, a claim that primarily rests on statements the killer reportedly made to police after the fact in which he said he “was the Joker.” Speaking with the Hollywood Reporter, Daniel Oates, Aurora’s chief of police at the time, said that “there is no evidence” the shooter ever said that.

In the alert emailed to service members, Army officials claimed that incels “also idolize the Joker character, the violent clown from the Batman series, admiring his depiction as a man who must pretend to be happy, but eventually fights back against bullies.”
    If there's any consolation the Air Force had to take the Area 51 raid as a serious threat.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Did I miss something? What the fuck does being involuntarily celibate have to do with being a fucking nutjob? Is it like a toxic masculinity thing?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Did I miss something? What the fuck does being involuntarily celibate have to do with being a fucking nutjob? Is it like a toxic masculinity thing?
    I see you've missed a lot of internet in the last few years

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I see you've missed a lot of internet in the last few years
    Yes. Hospital shit does that.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    So, just saw it. Fucking amazing. Jared Leto, continue to eat shit you rabid dog.

I have no fucking clue. First they tried to tie it to white supremacy because clowns are apparently an anti progressive symbol. Then saying it glorified mentally ill people. Then it will incite incels.

Now they're trying to claim the movie was too horrifying and people were walking out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes. Hospital shit does that.
    You're not the only one. I'd recommend reading the Wiki article. Specifically, the history portion will catch you up. I had to give it a read myself not so long ago when incel starting popping up everywhere. Pretty sad to see how it all came to be.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not all nutjobs are incels but all incels are fucking insane.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I only know one couple that walked out, and they are ride or die Republicans.

A lot of social commentary in the movie, but nothing that screams left or right, and if you see that then it's probably your guilty conscious robbing you of your opportunity to watch a great movie. Sure sucks for those people.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I was a big fan of Phoenix's performance, and I thought the movie itself was wonderfully shot, scored, paced, all the filmmaking aspects of it were top notch.

The actual story... I'm not a fan.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Some plot points are a little eye roll worthy, but are forgivable when you realize
    Spoiler: show
    he was hallucinating almost the entire movie.

I hope Phoenix at least gets nominated for this. He was really freaking good.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Wait haven't large universes and interconnected movies been around since movies were being made? How is this the age of reactionary behavior yet he goes on and then contradicts himself by giving examples of these things.... that happened in the past. I.... what.

That guy in the tan/brown shirt is pretty awful. Did he watch the movie because his complaints are nonsense

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Some plot points are a little eye roll worthy, but are forgivable when you realize
    he was hallucinating almost the entire movie.

I hope Phoenix at least gets nominated for this. He was really freaking good.

That spoiler was what I thought too but my friend thought it all happened, I don’t know which is correct.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fun fact nobody'll care about but the staircase that Joker walks up and down to get to his apartment, I grew up in the white building to the right facing down. It's only a few blocks down from Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. Was kinda cool seeing my street on the big screen.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    That spoiler was what I thought too but my friend thought it all happened, I don’t know which is correct.
    Saw it twice back to back for this very same notion. Fucking loved the movie. Legendary performance all around.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That was pretty great.