Closed Thread
Page 105 of 203 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I usually enjoy the play by play while playing games even if it is repetitive. But with this one, yeah, may just run plex in the background.

Not even 11 am and this week has already been the absolute drizzling shits, and not even just for me. Yesterday was almost nothing but complaints or payment problems. I had this conversation today. Yes, this really happened.

Guy: I got a letter saying I owe $312 for the six month policy. Why did I get a cancellation notice?
    Me: I'm not sure why you would've received a cancellation. Your due date is 04/26/2019.
    Guy: OK, but why do I have a bill?
    Me: Because you haven't paid for your policy yet. That's the amount owed.
    Guy: I guess I'm confused.
    silence
    Guy: So why do I owe this money again?
    Me: Because that is your bill. Your due date is 04/26/2019.
    Guy: OK thank you.

Head. Desk.
    I'll trade you my offsite user who repeatedly keeps changing the default wifi from the secure domain controlled wifi to the non domain accessible and significantly slower public wifi, and who has also managed to damage at least a half dozen ethernet cables at her desk for both her laptop docking station and her voip phone, and despite repeatedly being given the name, extension and e-mail of the person to contact for support, keeps calling the one guy who just does a weekly check on them as his office is only a couple blocks away and is supposed to be contacted by me to go over there if need be, not by the end user.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I'll trade you my offsite user who repeatedly keeps changing the default wifi from the secure domain controlled wifi to the non domain accessible and significantly slower public wifi, and who has also managed to damage at least a half dozen ethernet cables at her desk for both her laptop docking station and her voip phone, and despite repeatedly being given the name, extension and e-mail of the person to contact for support, keeps calling the one guy who just does a weekly check on them as his office is only a couple blocks away and is supposed to be contacted by me to go over there if need be, not by the end user.
    I had already imagined how in IT help desk or working directly with your coworkers it would be as bad as what I deal with in regards to the general public and their personal insurance. I couldn't nor would want to say one is worse than the other. I'm sure we could tell some real special stories about stupid. For me, I want to quit having to rely on these people for my income.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Sounds like someone needs a new phone number. There is a reason all my staff has masked phone numbers that forward to their real phone. Easy to change it once people start calling direct instead of putting in tickets. The second i see a sticky note with my number on it, i change it.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Luckily she's calling desk lines and most of us have cheat phones so we see the name of the person calling us. Just annoying that she's either incompetent or just refuses to follow protocol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Noticed my heavy whipping cream was going to expire so decided to make some whipped cream to go with some sugar free jello. Mixer gets unplugged so I rest the mixer upright and before I know it everything spills.

It was seriously like watching things go in slow motion or a bad TV show...sigh.
    RIP hand mixer..

#brazzers

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really a fail, more a brain/anxiety fail.

Found a decent upgrade jobwise in a different field, similar pay, much better benefits, only an extra mile per day commute. Interview went very well I thought and the manager said he was moving me along in the process. Met HR, was given a checklist that I'd need to complete ASAP per their directions and the list itself, and was told I'd receive an email with the test links to move forward. It was implied I'd get it yesterday.

I didn't receive it. I shot an email to the two HR ladies last night checking in, explaining maybe I misunderstood, but wanted to insure it was sent to the right email and such. Woke up early so I could get on it ASAP. Still no response. ._.;

I'm now doing mental gymnastics wondering if maybe I botched something and I was "moved along" out the door or something. Guess I'm extra nervous cause I'll be going camping with my mom and her BF Thursday thru the weekend and would hate to try and fill this stuff out on a phone.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got laid off last week. Sucks. Have a 5 week old baby and my wife is off work. Terrible timing. Luckily I have people pulling for me. Had an interview this morning and another in an hour and a half. Also have a couple more people I'm waiting to hear back from. I think it'll all work out fine, probably make out a little better even, but the timing is what's killing me.

I got severance with full, paid medical coverage through the end of June. Also cashed out my PTO days. Will be fine financially for a while. I always thought I'd be the one to leave, not get cut due to a slowdown in contracts.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Damn that's the worst man. At least you got interviews lined up already. Really sucks considering what should be an exciting time for your family. Good luck homey

GATTACA!

BG Level

Aside from the obvious job-hunting stress, it could end up being a blessing giving you more free time now between interviews to spend with family and a better job in the end.

It does suck in the moment though, sorry fam

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I agree it sucks but you'll bounce back even better! Keep your head up not only for you but for you family.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Thanks guys.

Think both interviews went well. Spoke to one of the other people and he's going to see what he can do about getting me on for at least what I'm looking for. All in all just need to see what the offers are.

The interview this afternoon is a change from contracting to design/consulting so I wouldn't make as much, but the work environment is better and they only work 4 day weeks. Would also be able to take the train rather than drive 120+ miles per day.

This morning was higher pay and additional compensation, but the work is even further than my last job. There's rooms to grow in both companies.

Last one this afternoon I spoke to the guy about is almost a step back for the time being, as far as seniority and position goes, but the compensation is at least what I would be looking for or better and again I would be able to get a better position in a year or so, maybe sooner.

Haven't heard back from the 4th person and have 3 more applications I sent out that are much more local to me, but I don't have direct experience in.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Thanks guys.

Think both interviews went well. Spoke to one of the other people and he's going to see what he can do about getting me on for at least what I'm looking for. All in all just need to see what the offers are.

The interview this afternoon is a change from contracting to design/consulting so I wouldn't make as much, but the work environment is better and they only work 4 day weeks. Would also be able to take the train rather than drive 120+ miles per day.

This morning was higher pay and additional compensation, but the work is even further than my last job. There's rooms to grow in both companies.

Last one this afternoon I spoke to the guy about is almost a step back for the time being, as far as seniority and position goes, but the compensation is at least what I would be looking for or better and again I would be able to get a better position in a year or so, maybe sooner.

Haven't heard back from the 4th person and have 3 more applications I sent out that are much more local to me, but I don't have direct experience in.
    Lol I'd trade so much salary for 4 day work week and transit vs driving

I get to work from home 2 days a week at my current job and it makes it really difficult to leave

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man I'd kill to be able to add 30min to my commute but I could multitask while doing it and not have to focus on the road.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Man I'd kill to be able to add 30min to my commute but I could multitask while doing it and not have to focus on the road.

Can't wait for self-driving cars to be everywhere as soon as I'm out of the workforce

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'd trade a lot of salary for being able to actually take vacations, let alone a four day work week.

My biggest gripe with my current job coming in was the lack of vacation days (8/yr) but it turns out it doesn't matter because anyone competent get shamed if they consider taking vacation anyway.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'd trade a lot of salary for being able to actually take vacations, let alone a four day work week.

My biggest gripe with my current job coming in was the lack of vacation days (8/yr) but it turns out it doesn't matter because anyone competent get shamed if they consider taking vacation anyway.
    Sounds like the tech companies here with "unlimited" vacation

It's unlimited because they know you can't use it

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Dude toki that time off with family is a blessing make good use of it. We got an almost 5 month old now and I was denied FMLA leave for bonding while my wife returns to work full time because I've been at this new job for just under a year. The wife is going to switch to perdiem at the hospital in a few weeks anyway so we can stagger our schedules to avoid having to pay for day care (we have no family who can help and both work shift work) but she has to finish out the last month of her full time schedule after coming back from maternity. This cost me a ton of my PTO for the days her schedule falls on the same as mine.

Because I got fucked and denied I'm going to wait until September to use all 4-6 weeks of it before it expires to bond with him and go to two weddings and a bachelor party out of state. Really pissed that I couldn't use it now when I need it and had to burn most of my PTO. Plus, ya know, I actually want to spend time with him because he's a blast.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

And this is why you never let an energy drink freeze. I noticed the can in the back of my fridge looked warped from the bottom and almost cut my hand right open because I didn't notice it was split open at first.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

#brazzersPt2 ?