Closed Thread
Page 122 of 203 FirstFirst ... 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Got KFC for lunch and asked for mashed potatoes & gravy like any sane person would do. Instead they gave me two sides of cole slaw. I’ve never felt more betrayed in my life.
    Went to do something similar last night except at Safeway. Gets to me and it takes me about 5 tries to get thru to her I want chicken strips not whatever and 2 lbs not 2 pieces. It takes about 6 times for me to get thru that the coleslaw I want is over in the cold section. She then just randomly starts opening stuff I point to it and she starts to scoop some noodle salad of some sort. Point to it again and she saying the name pointing to the goddamn sign she's just like oh I'm just new. Bitch I watched you help the previous people just fine... the only difference was that conversation was in Spanish and you clearly just weren't understanding the words coming out of my mouth. Probably the worst part I go to check out my total is decently higher than I expect. I look at the chicken and it's rang up for $9/lbs. Which I know is higher than their normal base price and I know they have a not well advertised deal when buying 2+ lbs of $5/lbs but hell if I was going back and dealing with that again

So here's a long fail. Bike tires getting low so I fill them back up Tuesday. Ride in just fine ride home just fine then around 2 am Wednesday morning loud pop and a hiss. Yep tired popped. Check things out but heck it's been on there awhile so things happen replace it before work and ride off. Go to go home Thursday and it seemed to have happened again. Discover that my tires are every so slightly different size and so my tubes barely were in the smaller range than that tire so maybe that's the issue. Eventually get home with another tube and go over the tire very carefully. Nothing. Oh ok. Replace it this morning go to work and ride home just fine but a few hours later pop and hiss.

This time pop most the tube out so I can find the leak while it's still more or less in position and weirdly the leak is clearly on the inside against the rim... line it up and check that part of the rim and yep part of the rim tape has failed exposing a spoke hole likely causing the problem. Didn't even know that was a thing. Too late to go to my bike shops so here's hoping other places nearby have some

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I bought a Cloud Cam that was going to be for our daughter's room, but it was before she was born, and she doesn't sleep in the other room yet, so it had been facing our the road from our front window that could see people coming to and from, deliveries, etc.

I put the A/C in the window on Monday so it had to be moved. I asked my wife if she wanted to put it somewhere else. She stuck it facing the living room this morning.

Well, our stomachs dropped out when we looked at it. The nanny wasn't beating our daughter or anything, but we asked her not to face her towards screens and she's sitting her on her lap facing a tablet playing videos. She also left a bottle out for a good hour after reheating it and continued to try feeding it to her. It's still out on the table now as I look at the live view.

Fucking hell.
    She called my wife on her way to work this morning and quit. Waited until my wife was driving in to work to tell her, despite my wife being home when the nanny comes.

Nanny blames our dogs, says she can't control them, but they're gated in a side room and she doesn't need to do anything for them. They're good to stay in that room until the second person comes and takes them out before the first nanny leaves.

I think she's just coming up with an excuse because we caught her on camera doing shit we asked her not to, and then my wife pointed out a new set of instructions and asked her again to not allow screen time and to put the bottles away.

Regardless, my wife called me crying, still driving to work, saying our dogs are monsters and that we need to get them in line. I calmed her down, but if that isn't a shit way to start a morning I don't know what is.

The dogs bark; that's really the worst of it. And it's been raining all week so they couldn't be left out on the deck. The big guy is 80 lbs and only a year old. He jumps sometimes, but he's super sweet and the second nanny loves him. We try to work on the jumping, but he's a pup and gets excited. The second nanny said he doesn't jump at her anymore since she shoved him away, which is the correct thing to do and what I told her to do, so it's not like he's dumb either. We have bark collars for both dogs as well, but we never remember to charge them, so that's on us.

All-in-all a mixed bag of win/fail, but more fail as we've got to find another nanny and it upset my wife.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

She called my wife on her way to work this morning and quit. Waited until my wife was driving in to work to tell her, despite my wife being home when the nanny comes.

Nanny blames our dogs, says she can't control them, but they're gated in a side room and she doesn't need to do anything for them. They're good to stay in that room until the second person comes and takes them out before the first nanny leaves.

I think she's just coming up with an excuse because we caught her on camera doing shit we asked her not to, and then my wife pointed out a new set of instructions and asked her again to not allow screen time and to put the bottles away.

Regardless, my wife called me crying, still driving to work, saying our dogs are monsters and that we need to get them in line. I calmed her down, but if that isn't a shit way to start a morning I don't know what is.

The dogs bark; that's really the worst of it. And it's been raining all week so they couldn't be left out on the deck. The big guy is 80 lbs and only a year old. He jumps sometimes, but he's super sweet and the second nanny loves him. We try to work on the jumping, but he's a pup and gets excited. The second nanny said he doesn't jump at her anymore since she shoved him away, which is the correct thing to do and what I told her to do, so it's not like he's dumb either. We have bark collars for both dogs as well, but we never remember to charge them, so that's on us.

All-in-all a mixed bag of win/fail, but more fail as we've got to find another nanny and it upset my wife.
    You're probably not in the mood to hear this but shock collars are a huuuuge no-no in the dog behavior world. You're more likely to create other bad behaviors than you are to help anything

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

They vibrate and beep, they don't shock. Is it the same thing? I'm guessing so.

GATTACA!

BG Level

They vibrate and beep, they don't shock. Is it the same thing? I'm guessing so.
    Oh ok. Not the same if they're not inflicting pain. The shock collars can make dogs more aggressive. You still want to avoid training via punishment as much as possible.

Probably still not ideal and a dog behaviorist would suggest you look at the root cause of the issue and not the symptom (excessive barking). They would also tell you "dogs bark," which I know isn't helpful lol. Especially as a one year old he probably just needs more physical and mental stimulation

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The older dog is really the one that starts it most of the time. She was a rescue so she definitely has her own behavioral things going on.

Usually it's caused by someone walking or driving by. Which can be annoying, but I honestly don't care so much. It's more my wife that cares. Although it is annoying when the baby is sleeping and they wake her. She's usually pretty good at sleeping through it.

The pup definitely needs more stimulation, and I feel bad we don't get him out more or play with him more, but by the time I get home at 6, my wife gets home at 6:30, we take care of the baby, our dinner, the dogs going out again and their dinner it's basically time for us to go to bed. We're going to work on getting some hikes in on the weekends and things like that once my wife is done with the farmer's market thing she's been doing on Saturdays.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The older dog is really the one that starts it most of the time. She was a rescue so she definitely has her own behavioral things going on.

Usually it's caused by someone walking or driving by. Which can be annoying, but I honestly don't care so much. It's more my wife that cares. Although it is annoying when the baby is sleeping and they wake her. She's usually pretty good at sleeping through it.

The pup definitely needs more stimulation, and I feel bad we don't get him out more or play with him more, but by the time I get home at 6, my wife gets home at 6:30, we take care of the baby, our dinner, the dogs going out again and their dinner it's basically time for us to go to bed. We're going to work on getting some hikes in on the weekends and things like that once my wife is done with the farmer's market thing she's been doing on Saturdays.
    Yep I get that. I'd suggest spending some time on mental stimulation as that can be even more exhausting for a dog than physical exercise. Look up some tricks or behaviors on YouTube and do little 15-20 minute training sessions with them.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yep, that's what I want to get back into doing. I did obedience classes with the pup for 12 weeks, I just need to be more consistent with doing the exercises.

The older dog used to do agility training with my wife. I'd bet my wife would actually like to do that again as she seemed to enjoy it the first time around.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wrote this cover letter for a job but never saved it. Low-key mad because I really don't feel like writing this again because I feel like I did a badass job on it but accepted that sometimes you gotta suffer in life to see the fruits of your labor.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I feel you I hate cover letters.

Jobs are about connections. Get me in a room with the boss and I'll bring them to my side. Out of all the interviews I've done, I've only not been offered the job once and they told me flat out they couldn't offer what I was asking so that's likely why.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lemme learn these mental stimulations tips for the doggo

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I was just referring to the training exercises. Dunno if there's anything different really. You can try training your dog to do different things, like standing in squares, on pedestals, etc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

To prevent them from jumping up, you can drill an eyebolt into a 2x4, hook a rope through it where one end is attached to the sitting dog's collar and the other end is in your hand, stand on the 2x4, and then do whatever makes the dog want to jump (like hold food.) It won't be able to (because the rope will hold it down) and you can give it the treat when it sees the jump-inspiring thing and doesn't jump. It might take a night or two, but it will eventually learn not to jump.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    To prevent them from jumping up, you can drill an eyebolt into a 2x4, hook a rope through it where one end is attached to the sitting dog's collar and the other end is in your hand, stand on the 2x4, and then do whatever makes the dog want to jump (like hold food.) It won't be able to (because the rope will hold it down) and you can give it the treat when it sees the jump-inspiring thing and doesn't jump. It might take a night or two, but it will eventually learn not to jump.
    Yeah, he doesn't jump for us, it's new people. I put him on a leash and yank down while saying "off" and repeat, rewarding when he stays down.

Still, do have to work on it.

The other way to get him to jump is get really excited and jump around him to make him excited, then do the same with the leash if he jumps.

Basically what you said.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Last night at the gym I got sexually harassed?

I was swimming in the pool doing laps and while resting for a minute at one end a girl slowly creeped over to the divider of the lane next to me engaged in short small talk are you training for anything do you have any kids and then asked if I wanted to be jerked off.

We were alone in the pool area and I shouted no thanks and almost drowned myself swimming away as fast as I could. She took that time to bail out of the pool and head to the locker room.

Anybody familiar with LA Fitness policies, can I report this or something? Made me unbelievably uncomfortable and I'm debating even going back tonight. Took me forever to fall asleep when I got home because I was stressing over telling my wife, she would basically tell me I'm not allowed to go to that gym anymore.

Is this what women go through? "Hey how's your family wanna get fingered?" Shit sucks, sorry if that's the case I always thought it was more subtle.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Visiting CT for two weeks (holy shit this place is going to drown), and I realized just how much I love my elementary/high school friends and can’t stand my college friends. They aren’t mean but the former are severe low maintenance and the latter are high maintenance.

I haven’t been here in 5 years, and I have a hs friend totally revamp his sleep schedule to come to my reunion gathering. My college friends? Constant back and forth planning as I have to work around THIER schedule and they won’t rearrange anything. Now I get wanting to keep your schedule, but then don’t act like we just HAVE to get together, when your kid can’t miss bible study for one day.

I’ve always been the accommodating one, and they always end up getting their way. I’m tired of it, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

but then don’t act like we just HAVE to get together, when your kid can’t miss bible study for one day.
    Just anecdotal, but in my experience very religious people are very say one thing and do another.

I have several family members that are just as you described and I think the two things are related.

I have always been the black sheep though so maybe it is just me.

Though I work with someone who is also very religious and I wouldn't consider her that type of person, maybe I just don't know her well enough

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Last night at the gym I got sexually harassed?

I was swimming in the pool doing laps and while resting for a minute at one end a girl slowly creeped over to the divider of the lane next to me engaged in short small talk are you training for anything do you have any kids and then asked if I wanted to be jerked off.

We were alone in the pool area and I shouted no thanks and almost drowned myself swimming away as fast as I could. She took that time to bail out of the pool and head to the locker room.

Anybody familiar with LA Fitness policies, can I report this or something? Made me unbelievably uncomfortable and I'm debating even going back tonight. Took me forever to fall asleep when I got home because I was stressing over telling my wife, she would basically tell me I'm not allowed to go to that gym anymore.

Is this what women go through? "Hey how's your family wanna get fingered?" Shit sucks, sorry if that's the case I always thought it was more subtle.
    Sorry you had to go through that man.

You can and should definitely report it. I'd ask to speak to a manager or something and tell them you need to report an incident of harassment. I'd leave out the "sexual" part if talking to a peon because I don't trust them to be mature about a guy reporting sexual harassment. Hopefully they have cameras and can ban that woman.

You should talk to your wife about it. It's understandably bothering you and I would really hope her reaction isn't for you to stop going to the gym.

Yes that is what women deal with unfortunately. It's usually more subtle, but plenty of "wanna fuck?" things similar to what you went through. One of my friends was leaving our college gym when a dude asked for directions from his car, and when she walked over he was beating off. It's sickening.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yo that's pretty awful.

When I was googling the policy which I couldn't find, there were tons of "dude masturbating in the sauna/shower/sink" at the gym posts.

That would definitely scar me for a while.

BG Level

Digital controller for the radiant heat panel came in, but the actual fucking heater is MIA.