Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lolurfukt

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Clippers FTW. Go in every couple months to get it thinned out, otherwise I'll break the clippers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    lolurfukt
    Fact. Though it does appear complaining helped as starting a couple minutes after that they called more of my letter in 5 minutes than they had in the previous 2 hours. It was so much people here literally started cheering

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Fact. Though it does appear complaining helped as starting a couple minutes after that they called more of my letter in 5 minutes than they had in the previous 2 hours. It was so much people here literally started cheering
    Yeah that happens quite a bit at my local. They always have a ridiculous wait and always seem understaffed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Son of a fucking whore. Get thru the line. Go to show her my proof of residency. Online it says "Show a California residency document that includes your physical California resident address. Documents addressed to a PO Box must include the physical resident address on documents (for example utility bills)" and then a few bullets and a note after that there is a link for more examples of all documents (including the proof of citizenship and SSN)... a list that isn't comprehension just some. The entire weeks worth of mail I brought in with my name on it didn't count <.<. ALso apparently opened mail didn't either.

Literally waiting 5.5 hours just to get told I gotta turn around and go back and get something else. I don't have anything on that list so I ask what else they can or if they have a more comprehensive list or better requirements needed for this. She's like we got this list that we have to follow... and I'm like yeah the list you say isn't comprehensive and I told you I don't have. If you want people to bring the right stuff you need to better tell them what is and isn't acceptable. She aint listening and just talks about that list again. Finally I'm like you need to put in a note to tell someone that the website needs to be more specific if you got some internal do accept/don't accept list. She gives me the you want to talk to this officer over here. Sure fuck it. Officer is actually really nice and actually listens to my questions to give me answers that are actual answers. Seems there is an internal list which he gave me and the computer program makes you chose from one of those options so they literally can't use something else.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm convinced a prerequisite to working at the DMV is you must be a massive asshole.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That sucks at least here they are pretty specific about what you actually need. Are you doing a change of address or what?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This is making me not look forward to getting my real ID in 3 months when my license is due.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah Florida has been like that for a while. Have to bring a handful of documents to prove you are you and not a terrorist. Some of the stuff I know they will accept are:
    Passport
    Voter ID card
    Utilities bill
    Mortgage/rent payment receipt with your name on it
    Any current correspondence from a bank with your name/address
    Jury summons
    Birth certificate

Interestingly enough they will not accept your previous driver’s license.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That sucks at least here they are pretty specific about what you actually need. Are you doing a change of address or what?
    Yes but it's not well put out. After digging around the site some more I actually found the list the officer gave me in what appears to even be a more thorough and updated form... but it says that's just for ID in general while the list I got for realID didn't include some of those things... but she said some of those things were included so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    This is making me not look forward to getting my real ID in 3 months when my license is due.
    Better make your appointment now. If it's anything like up here appointments are a good 2-3 months out. But yeah make sure to click that link that says list of documents and definitely bring at least one of the ones specifically listed in each section I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah Florida has been like that for a while. Have to bring a handful of documents to prove you are you and not a terrorist. Some of the stuff I know they will accept are:
    Passport
    Voter ID card
    Utilities bill
    Mortgage/rent payment receipt with your name on it
    Any current correspondence from a bank with your name/address
    Jury summons
    Birth certificate

Interestingly enough they will not accept your previous driver’s license.
    Pretty similar list here except some of those are different requirements. Like BC/Visa is to prove identity. Need something to prove SSN. And then residency. Also the bank stuff I brought didn't count because it wasn't an actual statement which are all online and they only send me offers for yet another card/insurance. Similarily other offers don't count had to be actual statements/bills from those places. Which is part of the problem here pretty much all my bills except Comcast have gone paperless... and only reason Comcast isn't is because I purposefully told them to stop because they refused to let me see bill details online when they started jacking my prices. Not sure they'd count it either since they say utilities but then specific cell phone counts too but not cable internet and I'm sure they would be like nope

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Here we need (for Real ID):

SS Card/W2
    Bill/NYS License
    Bank Statement/NYS License
    Passport

If you have a NYS License with a valid address, you just need a W2 and Passport. P easy peasy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Came home to a slight leak coming from the hot water line under my kitchen sink. I've worked in a company doing HVAC for awhile, figured I just needed to tighten the braided line. Touched it and the shit up and burst off. The shutoffs had no knobs and I couldn't get my vice around the little connectors. I tried to find other tools or things to do, but in the end, I had to just hold the connection valve as hard as I could until the landlord could get over to turn the water off.

No personal property was damaged, but I had a solid 1/2" of water in my kitchen that flowed into the living room. I'll need to tear the carpet and padding up tomorrow after work. I've spent the past 3~ hours shop vacing and moving things out of the way to assess where the water has gone. He did take a look at the line and can see where it corroded and loosened somehow. He's also at a loss as to why the shutoff valves were valve-less. Here's to hoping I'm not held liable. Never bothered looking into renters insurance.

My apartment is currently at 83% humidity. ._.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My cut will be $12 w/tip tomorrow. It will look like shit but it will be back to "normal" in a week.
    This is what I do.

There are very few perks to me being fugly. This is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Came home to a slight leak coming from the hot water line under my kitchen sink. I've worked in a company doing HVAC for awhile, figured I just needed to tighten the braided line. Touched it and the shit up and burst off. The shutoffs had no knobs and I couldn't get my vice around the little connectors. I tried to find other tools or things to do, but in the end, I had to just hold the connection valve as hard as I could until the landlord could get over to turn the water off.

No personal property was damaged, but I had a solid 1/2" of water in my kitchen that flowed into the living room. I'll need to tear the carpet and padding up tomorrow after work. I've spent the past 3~ hours shop vacing and moving things out of the way to assess where the water has gone. He did take a look at the line and can see where it corroded and loosened somehow. He's also at a loss as to why the shutoff valves were valve-less. Here's to hoping I'm not held liable. Never bothered looking into renters insurance.

My apartment is currently at 83% humidity. ._.
    Ugh, that blows. Did the shut-offs just break off at some point or is it really just one master valve for each apartment and he didn't want to admit it? I guess there's the possibility a prior tenant did some plumbing work themselves, but I'd put that in the highly unlikely category and much more so since your shit just blew up and no other apartments are likely having issue.

I know our house pretty much needs all its shut-offs replaced, but anything that'd involve welding or pipe bending is beyond my scope. Just changing a couple sinks recently was a pain, the blunders of my druggie in-law aside. Apparently when I turn off the master line, there's still a slight drip. Same then applies to the hot water in the mid-floor bathroom. So when we were doing that, we basically had to keep emptying a bucket until we got everything hooked back up.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I almost walked by the shop and didn't go in. I crossed back again and then finally went in. Got a pretty decent cut and homie was great with the beard. Only deducting points because their "customer leaves covered in hair" level is decently high. Wouldn't be able to shape up and go right to the bar. More expensive than my last cut but I'd go back if it was the same dude. Two of the other guys in there looked like they weren't busy for good reason.

My GF called me out for complaining about expensive haircuts. My cut/trim was $43 pre-tax. 55 after tip. My old price was about 45 all-in.

Her shit is like 120 bucks or something.
    I've got a friend's wedding today. Went to a salon to get a haircut yesterday. I've had the same haircut for 20 years, from one of two barbers. Freaked me out, but she did a really good job. Wife really likes the cut, and I think it turned out really well. I have thick curly hair and a lot of people struggle with it.

$35 all in with a shampoo too.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Ugh, that blows. Did the shut-offs just break off at some point or is it really just one master valve for each apartment and he didn't want to admit it? I guess there's the possibility a prior tenant did some plumbing work themselves, but I'd put that in the highly unlikely category and much more so since your shit just blew up and no other apartments are likely having issue.
    He was stumped. He swore up and down the shutoffs were on the valve stems, but alas, they weren't. I never removed them. So whether he did 3+ years ago and just doesn't remember, or a previous tenant did and they never checked for them, we'll never know.

I spoke with him this morning, he swung by before I went to work. The carpeted areas are still a disaster and will need to be pulled up. On the bright side, the apartment is a concrete building, so there's just the padding between the carpet and concrete that needs to be replaced. Not looking forward to the furniture move later today to get access to everything. He did make mention that as long as I work with him to prevent mold, we won't discuss liability or payment. Since nothing of mine was damaged, I don't mind that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lost both my wallet and phone last night while i was out.

grabbed a bunch of shit from the gas station on my way through town and i think when i was getting into my car i set it on the roof so i could grab my keys, got in car, drove off.

went to the gas station and asked an employee if they had anyone turn in a cell phone and/or wallet from the parking lot. She says... "I haven't seen one." Like, you mind asking your fucking coworkers to see if any of them received anything like that? Fucking people man.

All well. I have been looking for an excuse to get a new phone and wallet, wallet is my phone case so lose one and you lose both.

Just sucks I gotta go to the fucking DMV now to replace my license. Went to the bank this morning to cancel my card.

Also when the insurance company changed my coverage they fucking updated the date my payment hits my account to earlier in the month - so fucking now my bank account is overdrawn too.

Fuck this day.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

As my friend calls it, I work for Barnum & Bailey Insurance because my office is a circus. Today, my coworker whom is usually late, calls off, or has to leave early is late this morning because her brother's dog got loose and they can't find it. My other coworker had to leave at 11 AM to take her 17 year old daughter (who can drive and has her own vehicle) and daughter's boyfriend to the high school to get their school schedule. Lost dog coworker comes in as school coworker is leaving dog coworker says she needs to go get rubbing alcohol to dry out a rash she's dealing with on her right arm. Good thing we have a Walgreens literally right across the street. Nope! She has to drive to her dad's house to get it because he already has some.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up. I should keep notes of everything and then create a sitcom.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Better yet, ask for a raise and/or promotion and illustrate how you're the most productive member there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Better yet, ask for a raise and/or promotion and illustrate how you're the most productive member there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I'm documenting EVERYTHING for the right time. On a happy note, always late coworker just told me after she has her baby (she's about 5 weeks pregnant) she's not returning. So hopefully come mid March she's gone. I'd rather less people and more work than another here that's blatantly lazy and/or is always a schedule/tardy problem.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast