Closed Thread
Page 151 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Theres a reddit for "asshole guys on tinder"? lmao
    Probably? Idk I do know there are subs for assholes on the internet and such. If you ever want a lot of good laughs check out the niceguys or nicegirls subs. I assume a lot are tinder or similar interactions and oh boy there are some that will hurt to read.

In other fails my county has had back to back days of bicycle fatalities and another just a week or so ago. Though 1 of those was definitely the bikers fault so not sure that counts. And yeah response is quite mixed between damn drivers and because I see some bad bikers they all deserve to get hit lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    There's a reddit for everything.
    My favorite is how r/truth is actually about the wrestler R-Truth and so many people stumble in there looking for something else lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So watching TV last night and see a little streak from one of the holes in my apartment that leads to the between the walls which of course somewhere leads to the outside. Check it out and it's still blocked like it's been since I discovered it a few years ago. Though looks like it might have a tiny gap but damn would have to be small to get thru. Look around don't see anything but eventually hear some rustling but it's sneaky as fuck. Go to bed hear some more but continue not to see anything. Eventually feel something nibbling on my toes in bed... jump out and manage to see it before it disappears again. Yep there is a mouse in my house but since I took away the gap it can't get away. Sucker is much quieter and hides better than previous ones though so gunna have to go thru everything later

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Waiting for our Uber to get to the hotel from the airport when it dawned on me I left my backpack on the plane. Luckily was found and got it back but had to order a second Uber.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. I think I've told folks here "no powerline internet, I won't try it, I'm afraid of the wiring in this house."

What happened last week I think shows exactly why. So, while I was erm, doing some business in the Atlanta Temple last Thursday, the water heater at home decided to die with a whimper. No exploding water tank thank GOODNESS, but it wouldn't work anymore. This was the kind btw that you can't DIY; it was wired direct into the house power, so there was only one choice..We called a plumber. He saw how it was set up (ground wire on one of the pipes), decided that was trouble, and called a electrician. The electrician fixed the power problem and found..A VERY BADLY WIRED JUNCTION BOX back in teh crawl space. SO bad, that it needs fixed sooner rather than later; if we don't and if we get really unlucky, we could have the house burn down!!!!! (I'd say that is a BIG fail on the part of the owners before us, they were BAAAD do it yourselfers, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was their fault. At least it's in a cemented area..Big fail for us too since it's going to cost thousands of dollars to get fixed. This is why if I ever need to do anything electrical myself other than replacing outlets or switches, I'm calling a pro.)

Um, you think I want to try anything funny with that? Nope. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only badly wired junction box in the house. The whole house needs rewired!

The good part of this fail tho is we have a new water heater now; but that scares me really bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So we got 3 washers and dryers for entire apartment complex. A lot of people suck so often will have a clothes in the machine a good hour after it's done running before they come back. This has actually caused me to have stuff still going after it closes before but of course they still get mad if you take it out for them. Because I don't suck I set a timer so I can get to it on time. well this time I was in the bathroom when timer went off so I got to my clothes all of about 2 minutes after it was done... and someone had already taken it all out and put theirs in and started it. Meaning they pretty much 100% sat there watching it finish and immediately took it out. Like fuck me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Okay. I think I've told folks here "no powerline internet, I won't try it, I'm afraid of the wiring in this house."

What happened last week I think shows exactly why. So, while I was erm, doing some business in the Atlanta Temple last Thursday, the water heater at home decided to die with a whimper. No exploding water tank thank GOODNESS, but it wouldn't work anymore. This was the kind btw that you can't DIY; it was wired direct into the house power, so there was only one choice..We called a plumber. He saw how it was set up (ground wire on one of the pipes), decided that was trouble, and called a electrician. The electrician fixed the power problem and found..A VERY BADLY WIRED JUNCTION BOX back in teh crawl space. SO bad, that it needs fixed sooner rather than later; if we don't and if we get really unlucky, we could have the house burn down!!!!! (I'd say that is a BIG fail on the part of the owners before us, they were BAAAD do it yourselfers, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was their fault. At least it's in a cemented area..Big fail for us too since it's going to cost thousands of dollars to get fixed. This is why if I ever need to do anything electrical myself other than replacing outlets or switches, I'm calling a pro.)

Um, you think I want to try anything funny with that? Nope. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only badly wired junction box in the house. The whole house needs rewired!

The good part of this fail tho is we have a new water heater now; but that scares me really bad.
    I feel like the wiring is something that should've been caught in an inspection prior to the house being sold to you. Did they not do that, you not care, or what?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mom and Dad got a inspector, but he didn't catch the wiring. Among some other stuff..

We've been finding more and more things wrong with the house as we've lived in it. Not just the wiring. LOTS of stuff the inspector didn't see for some reason. Don't ask me why. Mind, I didn't make the decision to buy this house in the first place; my parents (now dead) decided to buy this house. And when they died..we inherited it along with the mortgage. (And I've been living here with 2 brothers and 1 sister ever since Mom died, really.)

From the looks of things, the owners before us not only drank too much booze (No offense meant to anyone here who likes that; but we found enough whiskey glasses to outfit a bar here), but were also beyond-horrible do it yourselfers; they tried to fix things but they did it WRONG. I'm betting they had something to do with that wiring snafu too..

Mom and Dad should of checked the inspector out more before they asked him, I guess. Now we're stuck with a house that might need..some major remodeling down the road. And by that I mean a total gut-and-redo in a lot of areas.

Yeah, sounding like you got stuck with a shit deal. Time to start making friends with electricians or other construction types.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My paypal count is temporarily restricted. Why? Because I recently sent Gokulo from here a few bucks for sending me a steam key and in the "notes" section I put the name of the game, Yakuza. Yep, had to explain why I was sending money for Yakuza. Hope they don't terminate my account or worse.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's why I just say gift and keep it moving.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Geico sends me a letter telling me I have to select an uninsured motorist policy or refuse coverage in writing and if I don’t do it in 15 days they will pick something for me which will increase my premiums. I already have uninsured motorist coverage though? I don’t know what the limit was. But apparently calling them and telling them “I want what I’ve always had” is not sufficient and now I have to do some actual research. Bullshit I say!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Geico sends me a letter telling me I have to select an uninsured motorist policy or refuse coverage in writing and if I don’t do it in 15 days they will pick something for me which will increase my premiums. I already have uninsured motorist coverage though? I don’t know what the limit was. But apparently calling them and telling them “I want what I’ve always had” is not sufficient and now I have to do some actual research. Bullshit I say!
    Possibly under-insured is what they are asking now and/or you already have uninsured or vise versa? Anywho they are forcing you to actually say a limit because they cannot be liable for choosing your limits. An actual number needs to be verbally said if on the phone or chosen if picking online.

Regarding the coverage it's extremely cheap. Besides roadside it's most likely the cheapest thing on your policy. I'd usually have it match whatever your bodily injury limits are but more doesn't hurt. Ours is $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident, which is not much coverage, and for our two vehicles it's around $10/m total for both uninsured and under-insured if I remember correctly.

What truly is this coverage? Let's say we are driving and I run into you and I put you in the hospital. Let's say your medical bills are $75,000. If my coverage is only $20,000 (just using MI state minimums because GIMME THE CHEAPEST) you would be responsible for the remaining $55,000. Your under-insured coverage will take care of the rest. Let's say I hit you and I don't have any insurance or I do a hit and run. Then you are responsible for that entire $75,000. Your uninsured will cover your medical assuming your limits are high enough.

TLDR buy good coverage because other idiots don't and you'll need it cause it will be an idiot that hurts you in an auto accident and you don't want to be financially screwed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So go to buy a little booklet that is basically a bunch of complimentary wine tastings. Thing will fit flat in most pants pockets and they want to charge me $6.5 for shipping lol. Naw son I live all about 15-20 miles away from where this is being shipped I'll just pick it up when I'm ready to go over there and use it

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Had a delivery coming today for work on a tractor trailer. He was 5 hours late and called me to say he didn't know how to get to our shop, had to send someone out to find him, and I had to keep our guys an hour and a half late.

Said he had a starter issue and blamed the guy that came to fix it. He should have cancelled today and come back tomorrow.

How to fuck do you get lost today....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So facebook is semi filled with usually thanks for your service to various of my facebook friends because Veterans day. Whatever I still gotta work! But then I see one particularly glowy one from some dudes gf? Anyways the comments are also gushing and I'm over thinking um didn't you get kicked out?

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Mom and Dad got a inspector, but he didn't catch the wiring. Among some other stuff..

We've been finding more and more things wrong with the house as we've lived in it. Not just the wiring. LOTS of stuff the inspector didn't see for some reason. Don't ask me why. Mind, I didn't make the decision to buy this house in the first place; my parents (now dead) decided to buy this house. And when they died..we inherited it along with the mortgage. (And I've been living here with 2 brothers and 1 sister ever since Mom died, really.)

From the looks of things, the owners before us not only drank too much booze (No offense meant to anyone here who likes that; but we found enough whiskey glasses to outfit a bar here), but were also beyond-horrible do it yourselfers; they tried to fix things but they did it WRONG. I'm betting they had something to do with that wiring snafu too..

Mom and Dad should of checked the inspector out more before they asked him, I guess. Now we're stuck with a house that might need..some major remodeling down the road. And by that I mean a total gut-and-redo in a lot of areas.
    This really sucks. I recommended in the Homeowner's thread to always get an inspector to check a home before purchasing; however, the profession isn't really regulated. Any regular joe-handyman can be an inspector, but he will probably have some comment in his agreement that not all visually hazardous or detrimental problems will be found (aka can't hold him liable for things you see later). Our firm has that in our clause for typical inspections but we actually care about our clients and buildings, so it's just there for hidden things beyond our capabilities to observe.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Considered making a thread regarding today's job market but meh will just bitch here. Today I received a notice from American Express I am not being considered for a work from home customer service role I applied for over two months ago. Never had an interview even tho I have nine years sales/service experience, multiple state licenses for things, etc etc. I don't care about not getting the chance to work for AMEX. What does confuse me tho is how even getting an interview works in today's job world. I'd venture to say 90% or more of employers require an online app and resume submitted first to be considered for just about any role. My curiosity to know and understand things is how a person can meet, exceed, and hold such strong qualifications for what a company is looking for regarding a position they are hiring for yet the applicant doesn't even get an interview. My only thought is the online application plus resume is missing a keyword and the app/resume gets filtered to the denied pile.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Try to review your resume and make sure to cut out any unrelated experience or added verbage that might be holding it back.

Simple is typically best and I had a few different versions depending where I was applying, i.e. sales , retail , automotive dealerships, etc.

The average resume I think I've heard gets a whopping 10 to 15 second glance before they move on. Moat important I find is the opening that highlights the relevant experience to the particular job and I modify that as needed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk