Closed Thread
Page 153 of 203 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you guys hear about me on the news doing something stupid in like three weeks just know it was from the Lyme and not regular crazy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So you already Florida Man or are you about to get worse?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m already Florida Man. I think the Lyme will just be like an XP booster pack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Just pulled a tick out from my upper arm pit area so now I’m reading a bunch of shit on webmd about Lyme disease, joy
    Yeah always a good idea to check yourself and clothes out after going thru brush. Pretty sure it's not too hard to treat. Cousin got that shit when he was a kid and seemed fine

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Got the renewal for Astylla's car insurance. Due to a shitty 2 months where she tapped a Tesla, causing just over 1k in damage, not even 30 bucks over the california thresh hold for mandatory reporting to CA DMV, then getting clipped and having her back bumper cracked due to a hit and run, her insurance is jumping almost $64 a month.

The really shitty part about the tesla thing is even the state farm (our insurance) claims agent said they could barely make out the two tiny ass indentations from the screws to the front license plate holder. And labor got skyrocketed due to them having to remove the bumper to verify none of the sensors was damaged.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah always a good idea to check yourself and clothes out after going thru brush. Pretty sure it's not too hard to treat. Cousin got that shit when he was a kid and seemed fine
    Lyme is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat. Don't be dumb from an anecdote with a sample size of 1.

@Anoat:

I'd be stubborn with your doctor if you have any lingering issues, even if you are being told you're being stupid. It presents in many, many different ways and the extent of the damage is proportional to how long it takes to get diagnosed. You caught it pretty early so that's good.

My GF and her family and my step dad have all had lyme at least once, with GF's mom and sister having it twice. Step dad (who used to be a marathon runner into his late 50s) and GF both have lingering issues that are painful and difficult to treat as a result of not getting treated quickly enough. This is years later.

FWIW I think deer ticks are uncommon in florida. Have you tested positive?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I haven’t tested for it and likely won’t unless some symptoms arise in the coming weeks. I’ve read that Lyme testing is extremely misleading and can result in lots of false positives and misdiagnosis. I’ll monitor it but I’m not stressing unless symptoms start popping up. I’m relatively healthy anyway so I’d know pretty soon if something was off.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Was cleaning a stack of a papers and noticed a check for $31 that expired two days ago.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Our airport daily lot is getting targeted with catalytic converter thefts. While this is nothing new overall , it's definitely ramped up. Just heard a call from my deputies that we had another report. Just another reason to not park at the airport especially if you're driving a Toyota.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Lyme is incredibly hard to diagnose and treat. Don't be dumb from an anecdote with a sample size of 1.

Where the hell do you get be dumb from that? I said check yourself and it can be treated....

For reference my anecdote was that he got thru his treatment pretty quickly and fine. Don't freak out get treatment if necessary see where that goes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So fails... The SMART train as it stands right now is allowed to not sound it's horn normally thru intersections in town. This was a pretty big win that had to be fought for as a significant portion of where the lines run thru towns are lined with houses on both sides and would all of a sudden have to deal with all that noise. Well now because of all the deaths at the crossings the quiet zones are under investigation.

Problem with this is regardless of the zone the conductor blows the horn anyways if there is anything on or approaching the tracks like that and they still happened. And the reason for this is because most were confirmed suicides and the others were acts of such stupidity that you might wonder if they were suicides. But somehow blowing a horn all the time will help in incidents it would be blown anyways? Meanwhile ignore the real problem of suicide or the only real way of preventing the dumb accidents by having traffic go over or under the train.

Also Comcast is terrible. So boss recently moved. So he wants the landline numbered moved with the house and have it forward to the cell for business like it was before. They were supposed to do it before he even completed the move. Does the move and sure enough they haven't so people are having a hard time reaching the business. He talks to comcast and they say they are working on it and tell him it's fine they can fix it as long as it's within 30 days of losing the other number. A week later still not fixed so calls again... they tell him his number is gone and has been recycled because it's been so long. Not even bothering to wonder why they waited this week he tells them he was told he had a month and it's been a week they were like no this was on the 16th of Nov.... at which point he gets a little mad and was like yeah do the math that was 6 days ago. So comcast says they will call back after talking to their supervisor lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Comcast is such trash, is there any other provider you can get?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Comcast is such trash, is there any other provider you can get?
    Northern california is basically a two way dance between AT&T and Comcast. And somehow Comcast isn't the worse between the two. Where I live, I can't even go to AT&T if I wanted due to how old our apartment is, they wouldn't even guarantee 1mb down with UVerse. They also love sending me flyers for 50 a month for 25mb down. Bitch please, I'm paying 10 bucks more for 200mb down.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Speaking of moving, do you have less distance to travel via bicycle to get to work, or is it a safer route?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty much what Melena said at least for internet really have no idea about landlines because who the fuck still uses those for their residence.

As far as the move... it wasn't the business it was the boss moving into new house. But for some reason he has the business line go thru there or something idk... I tried asking why he's doing it this way and got about 3 seconds into before I finally started identifying with the OK boomer meme for the first time

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Makes sense why I thought you meant business moving then.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Eating dinner. News report says "Don't eat romaine lettuce from Salinas because of E. Coli." Grab bag and see it's from Salinas. Whelp I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

RIP Synistar.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So got arrested for first time last night. Cop was mad I didnt take his recommendation to uber and got me for public intoxication. But also didnt do any kind of sobriety test and in fact refused my request for a breathalyzer. Finally take it after they book me and I'm only .04 well below legal limits but still hold me all night. Anyone happen to know the legality/recourse I have for that btw?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So got arrested for first time last night. Cop was mad I didnt take his recommendation to uber and got me for public intoxication. But also didnt do any kind of sobriety test and in fact refused my request for a breathalyzer. Finally take it after they book me and I'm only .04 well below legal limits but still hold me all night. Anyone happen to know the legality/recourse I have for that btw?
    Seems expensive, but cut and dry if you're below the legal limit. Still get dat lawyer tho

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk