Closed Thread
Page 156 of 203 FirstFirst ... 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Have to complete my workplace harassment prevention for managers course in the next 2 weeks, and oh my god the first video alone was fucking cringe. God help me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So my hair is being crazy again and already pretty shaggy even though it's been only a month. Check in online and it says ~30 minutes. Well ok I'll do some stuff first. Check again 20 minutes later and it now says 60... call in and ask what's up. Guess one person just got off shift and that upped some times so but might be quicker so might as well come on down in a few. Get to the place about 40 minutes later and nope still another 30+ minute wait

Also now several lawyers are sending me letters soliciting their services. According to one I talked to it seems the police sold my info and that I'd been arrested but apparently not the fact I wasnt charged lol. So that's fun

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I can't express how fucking often I yell at my radio for people to stop being stupid everytime I hear about a car smash and grab because people leave their shit in the backseat in full view. Anytime of year it's asking to be broken into , but especially right now.

In the last 24 hours I've heard no less than ten calls for these. Some of them in gated multi million dollar home areas which people can't fathom isn't a guarantee for safety.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I've had several packages go out for delivery three days in a row without receiving them. Finally received most late last night after I called and complained to UPS. Still missing some, though. Very frustrating.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Random Fail FWP Thread 2: Something, Something, Your Mother's a Whore.

Got a new female to the team two weeks ago and every morning she walks around for about 30-40 minutes on the phone talking to her girlfriends. Who the fuck gossips at 7am?

If I hear “Gurllllllll!” one more god damn time I’m about to lose my shit and start paperwork to send her ass somewhere else. At the very least keep the fuck far away from my office. I don’t keep my door open so you can loiter around as if I want to fucking hear your god damn conversations.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

This is a thing with my current payroll manager and the payroll manager at my last company. They're both just on the phone all day, with bluetooth or ear buds, talking to someone. ALL DAY

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    This is a thing with my current payroll manager and the payroll manager at my last company. They're both just on the phone all day, with bluetooth or ear buds, talking to someone. ALL DAY
    I deal with this at my job too, though we aren't really supposed to be distracted like that at certain posts. Thankfully none are the type posted above , just more I can never fucking tell if they're talking to me or not..

My fail is I got the call for backgrounds for my promotion finally after 7 months and today my Sgt. tells me that they are "full" so likely after the new year will be when I eventually move on. Kind of expected that anyway but fuck I'm over the drama between teams here.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Got a new female to the team two weeks ago and every morning she walks around for about 30-40 minutes on the phone talking to her girlfriends. Who the fuck gossips at 7am?

If I hear “Gurllllllll!” one more god damn time I’m about to lose my shit and start paperwork to send her ass somewhere else. At the very least keep the fuck far away from my office. I don’t keep my door open so you can loiter around as if I want to fucking hear your god damn conversations.
    Today's version of this:

Dude in gym apparently in the midst of a conversation on his airpods the ENTIRE hour I've been in the gym so far

Like... why

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

When I see people in DC do this I generally assume that they are projecting how busy and important they are. I need to work out, bros, but they also need me on this call.

I swear for a while our C-suite was competing to find the weirdest place to take calls from. Chiropractor, treadmill, exam room, shower, football game, etc.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Randomly came across one of those websites that has my background info. Scary accurate in where I lived, who I'm related to (including my family, my husband, and my husband's family), my phone number, etc.

Then I get to this sentence:

We could not determine whether or not [name] is currently married... it is not likely.
    WHAT IS IT ABOUT MY LIFE THAT MAKES IT NOT LIKELY FOR ME TO BE MARRIED YOU FUCKING WEBSITE SHIT?!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Addition fail:

Stayed out sick today due to a major sore throat (was worried I was developing strep). This means I no longer have any PTO until the next school year (August) because I am using three of my days for the Disney Cruise.

Working at a charter school has its perks. The PTO they give is definitely not one of them.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Addition fail:

Stayed out sick today due to a major sore throat (was worried I was developing strep). This means I no longer have any PTO until the next school year (August) because I am using three of my days for the Disney Cruise.

Working at a charter school has its perks. The PTO they give is definitely not one of them.
    So any sick time between now and then is unpaid? wtf?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

PTO covers both sick and vacation time. You can use it however you want, but when it's gone, it's gone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    So any sick time between now and then is unpaid? wtf?

Yeah we get 7 days per year (not cumulative). Problem is, I already used two days for when they had fires and my kids' school was cancelled so I had to watch them. And then another day outside of today I took off for being sick. Leaving three days for the cruise.

That's one thing the teacher union got right. Union teachers get 15 days a year and it accumulates. My mom when she retired got a bonus for all her unused days.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    PTO covers both sick and vacation time. You can use it however you want, but when it's gone, it's gone.
    Yeah I realize that's how it's done in some states/companies but still find it dumb AF

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Yeah we get 7 days per year (not cumulative). Problem is, I already used two days for when they had fires and my kids' school was cancelled so I had to watch them. And then another day outside of today I took off for being sick. Leaving three days for the cruise.

That's one thing the teacher union got right. Union teachers get 15 days a year and it accumulates. My mom when she retired got a bonus for all her unused days.
    Jesus yeah 7 days is absurd

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I didn't mind the PTO setup honestly. Instead of 2 weeks vacation and 1 week of sick time (starting out), I got 3 weeks for w/e. Same amount of time off, but more flexible to what I needed. My last job had vacation/sick time split, and only sick time accrued. It was also a PITA to take vacation b/c there was always a deadline.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I get one week of vacation and 1 week of legally mandated sick time (DC laws), but everyone refers to it as 2 weeks of PTO.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I'm ridiculously lucky in my position I have options for sick and vacation time.

I accrue both sick and vacation but also at the start of the year get 32 hours of floating holidays and when I work overtime I can convert the hours into "compensatory time" vs taking the pay. The reason we do this is that for every 11.5 hr shift we do , we get about 17 hours of comp. time which we can use for days off , sick days , vacation , etc.
    That caps at 80 hours banked but no limit how much a year we can earn.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I remember when I could accumulate my sick time for nearly 2 full years (12 sick days a year) then my company paid out anything over 96 hours of sick time as straight pay. Everyone used to burn through all their vacation and get 12 days bonus on the first pay check come January. Lost that perk when we got sold to the corporate overlords.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My last job would let us accumulate sick hours for up to something ridiculous like 700 hrs, but we only got 40/yr.