Closed Thread
Page 171 of 203 FirstFirst ... 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Saint Paticks Day canceled. No bar crawls, no Corned beef and cabbage..
    You could still make corned beef and cabbage if you planned ahead. There were piles of corned beef until maybe Saturday.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I stockpiled a ton and put one in the crockpot today. Waiting until my lunch at midnight to enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The engineer I work with at my office is a complete idiot. I'm constantly correcting him, despite him having more years of experience (including in the field) than I do. My boss frequently makes comments about how organized and on top of things I am, and how I should teach that to the engineer. My typical response is somewhere on the lines of "You can't fix stupid." I spent over 6 hours fixing mistakes he should have caught during QA weeks ago for stuff that had to be issued today.

It's a really small office, so I feel a bit bad about making my coworkers look bad. But at the same time they're not pulling near their weight that they could/should be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So go to nearby stores... almost all the regular milk is gone. All the superior fake (Cashew) milk is gone. But fucking almond milk fully stocked

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Rice milk is my backup if my favorite soymilk is out of stock.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So go to nearby stores... almost all the regular milk is gone. All the superior fake (Cashew) milk is gone. But fucking almond milk fully stocked
    Most places have been restocking pretty quickly, usually customer service will tell you when they're getting more

My Safeway was clean out but the slightly fancy market had plenty on the same day

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm currently torn about our after school care situation.

My daughter goes to the YMCA for after care, they are closed and said they will not be taking payments during this time.

My son goes to the preschool across the street for after care. They are a small business and we have been using them since he was 2. They are certified up to K, so that's why we kept him in there out of support since they have always been awesome.

They, however, are still open and are charging (we pay $410 a month) even those who don't go for "holding a spot." They are a small business so don't have the kind of income the Y would have to just stop. But my son doesn't need to go since we work from home, and the chances are looking pretty high that there won't be school for the rest of the year.

My hubby wants me to just pull out at the preschool, and if we DO go back to school, sign him up for the YMCA aftercare for the last month. I feel bad as I know that will help make the business suffer, and again we've been with them for years. (Not even sure that's possible, but if we did decide to go that route, I'll contact the Y to see if we can.)

I get his point though in that essentially that could be the difference of about $1000 if we don't end up going back to school for the rest of the school year.

IDK what to do.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I'm currently torn about our after school care situation.

My daughter goes to the YMCA for after care, they are closed and said they will not be taking payments during this time.

My son goes to the preschool across the street for after care. They are a small business and we have been using them since he was 2. They are certified up to K, so that's why we kept him in there out of support since they have always been awesome.

They, however, are still open and are charging (we pay $410 a month) even those who don't go for "holding a spot." They are a small business so don't have the kind of income the Y would have to just stop. But my son doesn't need to go since we work from home, and the chances are looking pretty high that there won't be school for the rest of the year.

My hubby wants me to just pull out at the preschool, and if we DO go back to school, sign him up for the YMCA aftercare for the last month. I feel bad as I know that will help make the business suffer, and again we've been with them for years. (Not even sure that's possible, but if we did decide to go that route, I'll contact the Y to see if we can.)

I get his point though in that essentially that could be the difference of about $1000 if we don't end up going back to school for the rest of the school year.

IDK what to do.
    What are you talking about? You pull out and worry about you and yours. Every business is hurting, and it sucks, but that's the name of the game and a part of the risk. That's $410+ a month, including time and money spent traveling there, you are saving a month in this sharp economic downturn. The fact that they're charging full price to "hold the spot" in the middle of a literal nation emergency pandemic is borderline criminal.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They're paid to take care of kids while everyone else works. If everyone else is out of work or working from home, then I'm sorry but your job kinda got shafted hard in this change of the economy. But that's how the system is setup and you can regret it later lol.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As for the corned beef and cabbage situation;

You may of seen me complaining about that one bad apple from Instacart. (MAJOR FAIL ON HIS PART; Sis reported his rear for being a liar, liar, pants on fire since me and Neko got what was on the order ourselves when the Instacart guy said that Publix was out of stock of that stuff. Liar, liar pants on fire!) We were trying to get the beef part of the corned beef and cabbage. Fail, fail, fail tho we didn't blame the instacart folks, we did get the cabbage though. However, this fail ends in a win mixed with a fail; Me and Neko thought we had to go to Sam's to pick up sis's inhaler. Guess what? She had to do a tele-visit to the doctor first and we didn't know >.< (that's the fail). The win was when we checked in the back at the meat, BOOM. There was a whole case of corned beef (Limit 1 per person) so I called Sis, and grabbed one.

So we're eating corned beef and cabbage for Sunday dinner tonight.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

This is the most first worldy problem I have posted here but here it goes. My work got me a new 256gb iPad pro 11" which is awesome. I was supposed to get the pencil to go with it but it didn't come before we went into lockdown and my work shut for 4 weeks. Now I am stuck at home wanting to start learning digital painting on my iPad but I don't have a pencil to go with it! Gotta use my fingers which just isn't as good.

I am not too heartbroken about it but damn it would have been nice for the pencil to come faster.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not my fail. First doordash delivery tonight was cheesecake factory. Hand the guy the bag with 3 slices of cheesecake, then hand him the bag of hot food. Idiot wife/gf is sitting on the couch not helping him as he tries to push the dog back and shut the door and promptly drops 2 of the 3 slices of cheesecake and she gets pissed off at him. Noped the fuck out of there quickly.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Rammed my little toe on the side of a doorway, interior side is a nice purple.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Water heater decided it's not going to work this morning. Didn't shower yesterday between doing some work around the house and watching my daughter. Thought about taking one before bed last night. Really regret not doing that now.

Have to see how my wife feels about calling someone, otherwise I have to try to fix it myself.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

That feeling of dread as all the streets are empty, rain falling, and I'm dragging my ass to work because my workplace is considered essential. My employer is making bank during this crisis.

Also nigh impossible to social distance that it's more of a running gag here.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I am getting really tired of mundane IT requests coming in that aren't important at all and I am getting really tired of IT requests coming in that clearly I cannot do while I am on lockdown. Like that is great that you cleaned up the office and found all this extra IT equipment that you want to bring back to the IT office. Just put it in a box for now with IT labeled on it and leave it until I can get back to the office that isn't too hard. Or I am sorry that you need 'X' piece of equipment it is going to have to wait until I can actually get to work.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

This WebEx meeting is making my ears bleed because people don't know how loud their fucking microphones are. The life of an essential industry worker.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after the shelter in place order alot of people went out to parks and beaches this weekend. Some were kind of crowded and supposedly had a ton of people violating social distancing but from the pics I saw that was mostly family members. So of course the county is closing all parks. Apparently a bunch of state parks around the bay area are too

Meanwhile from what I can tell most the areas not right in town weren't so bad. Beach I went to had all of about a dozen people as far as the eye can see and between that and the trails we were out like 5 hours and saw maybe another 30 people total.

Haha also just saw about the state parks are just closing parking lots but say you can still visit but not from out of county because it's not necessary to travel counties to hike.... well it does if your county closes all of it's parks

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My power went out and I can hear all the birds outside chirping and having the time of their damn lives.

BG Level

Coffee machine is dead. Let's see how long it takes to get delivered