Closed Thread
Page 186 of 203 FirstFirst ... 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Twitter has randomly started to recommend that I follow family members (including people I have no contact info for, which I guess makes sense since I have it set to not use my contacts). I was nearly disowned for burning my Facebook account (I feel like I can't overstate just how bad the fallout was from this), so I'm mildly freaking out about people finding my Twitter. I've locked it down to follower-only for now and told it to purge whatever contact info it might have somehow gotten, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before the requests start coming in. Add on top of that the fact that, because of this, I've discovered that my sister is an anime slashfic writer and now I just want a nice Draino-tini or ten.
    For me nothing will ever top Facebook recommending I friend the daughter of manager. A manager who I did NOT have friended on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I used to think Twitter was better than that, and maybe it was for a while, idfk, I've only barely started using it the past year or two. But this is just creepy and annoying.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Took benadryl right before bed last night because I was having this weird reaction, like I felt itchy all over.

Woke up feeling groggy as fuck, apparently 6 hours is not enough time for my body to deal with one small pill. Years ago I made the mistake of popping two benadryl sinus when I felt like death , passed out playing everquest at my keyboard and woke up almost 10 hours later..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Took benadryl right before bed last night because I was having this weird reaction, like I felt itchy all over.

Woke up feeling groggy as fuck, apparently 6 hours is not enough time for my body to deal with one small pill. Years ago I made the mistake of popping two benadryl sinus when I felt like death , passed out playing everquest at my keyboard and woke up almost 10 hours later..

You took the generic Benadryl I had with my pills, didn't you? That's the coma blend. It's 50mg. Benadryl standard is 25mg.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ugh, I have this one user who is so technology challenged, that work from home has made my job ten times more difficult trying to hold her hand. Twice now, after setting her up with Always On VPN from Microsoft, and showing her exactly how to connect to it, has reached out saying her Database access and intranet pages are not working, and both times I remote in, and see that she's NOT connected to VPN.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

went out to eat w/ some friends tonight. After we eat and the restaurant closes we went to talk for a bit outside; 90 lb friend is leaning on the "rail" which is actually the fence door; she moves over and someone calls me over so i go to lean where she was, fence pops open and i go tumbling down a set of stairs, lmao; got scrapes all over

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Home inspection tomorrow on the house we're selling was cancelled tonight, possibly due to a family emergency but who knows. The house we're buying is contingent on the sale of ours, our closing date is the end of August. Really feeling uneasy hopefully it gets rescheduled and back on quick.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Had to move a lot of money in my account lately so I had 40c less in my account for the mortgage (100% my error)

But fuck 40$ penalty for that

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Don't really live close to any stores, about 1.5-2 miles each way for the absolute closest. Got to the store today to buy some food, realized I forgot my mask. Don't feel like going back out again. I'll eat tomorrow, lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It occurred to me that whenever we move into a new home, we might have to deal with snakes. They are very common In the area, including rattle snakes. I also have a fear, and I mean severe fear, of snakes. So I thought I’d be smart and look up how I can prevent, or at least deter snakes coming into our yard, and EVERY FUCKING ARTICLE HAS TONS OF SNAKE PHOTOS THE FUCK. You would think that if someone is googling this, they may, in fact, not want to be bombarded with pictures of these vile demon spawns. /cries

there there, ksandra. it's one of the first steps to desensitizing yourself to your fears - facing them in an uncomfortable but safe and controlled setting, such as pictures. soon you'll be watching videos of snakes, then seeing them from across the yard, then going up and starting to pet them, then you'll be a snake lover before you know it! :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

That’s exactly how you leave your comfort zone small steps and you’ll likely find yourself reasonably comfortable with snakes.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Well, at least it's not spiders.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Just get a herd of mongeese

BG Level

You keep snakes and other wildlife put of your yard by eliminating ground cover and food sources for rodents. Snakes dont want any part of people, they come around for shade, water, and food like any other animal.

You typically aren't going to have rattlesnakes in suburbia, they've already been slaughtered and their habitats wrecked unless your development is real new in which case, yes, you may see snakes and other wildlife because you just ripped up a piece of the countryside and dropped a bunch of houses on it.

In which case, well, enjoy your snakes.

BG Level

My own personal fail: our aging AC has finally shit the bed. It was 110 yesterday and it's going to be like that for the next week.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    there there, ksandra. it's one of the first steps to desensitizing yourself to your fears - facing them in an uncomfortable but safe and controlled setting, such as pictures. soon you'll be watching videos of snakes, then seeing them from across the yard, then going up and starting to pet them, then you'll be a snake lover before you know it! :D

I had a roommate with one. It was god awful. I don’t think I’ll ever be desensitized over this.

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    You keep snakes and other wildlife put of your yard by eliminating ground cover and food sources for rodents. Snakes dont want any part of people, they come around for shade, water, and food like any other animal.

You typically aren't going to have rattlesnakes in suburbia, they've already been slaughtered and their habitats wrecked unless your development is real new in which case, yes, you may see snakes and other wildlife because you just ripped up a piece of the countryside and dropped a bunch of houses on it.

In which case, well, enjoy your snakes.
    Not new, but the city is basically a converted desert. Our community FB group has almost daily posts of “what snake/spider is this?” Thankfully spiders don’t bother me at all.

Just yesterday someone found a rattlesnake on their yard and their home is fairly close to the one we’re trying to purchase, which is what prompted me to investigate.

BG Level

Well, eliminate ground cover and reasons for wildlife to wander into your yard radically diminishes. I will never get over people being astonished at and scared that the animals that lived in the area before it was paved over sometimes come to visit.

The only dangerous snakes are the ones you fuck with. Leave them alone, call animal control or your local herpetological society to come remove them.

Desensitivity therapy works really well, btw. If this is that high of an issue for you (and I know it is for a lot of people), seek treatment.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thanks for the tips! As for treatment: treatment costs money. I am not in a career where I need to interact with snakes (ie. vet, shelter, zoo, etc.), so I don’t see the value in spending the money. I’ll live wanting to kill them all will fire.

BG Level

You're scared of animals that you havent even seen in person yet and just saw pictures of on the internet

Yeah, you may need some help dealing with this issue.