FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Google maps :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Camera tickets are unenforceable In Texas and have all but been removed. There's a few contracts left still but they can't do anything but ask nicely for you to pay

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think if it's from a third-party here in NY, you can legally fight it as well. Forgot the exact nuance of it though. I wouldn't personally go for it though depending on where you live.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It’s $50 if I get it. Not really worth my time if I have to go in person.

Apparently theyre only legal in school zones and the school is like 3 blocks away. I tried looking up the definition of a “school zone” but there was no clear answer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

dang in DC the cameras in the rich part of town hit for $250

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I think if it's from a third-party here in NY, you can legally fight it as well. Forgot the exact nuance of it though. I wouldn't personally go for it though depending on where you live.
    You have a right to face your accuser. Your accuser is a camera and/or a non leo.

Typically you can just write a letter instead of making an appearance. Our town used to make about 800k a year off the two cameras at the two main intersections.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why wouldnt they just have cops "review" the photos

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So the last 8 weeks have been a huge random fail, yet this one here actually predates to May. County IT Division somehow convinces the board of supervisors that it's in every counties best interest for them to buy our IT equipment, claiming they can get us overall better pricing due to volume. I proved that almost immediately when their I5 laptops clocked in at 200 bucks more a unit than the same I7 models I was getting just for my own agency. Despite multiple times saying they'd fix it, we still got stuck with I5's.

After placing our orders in May, they realized they could not handle the volume of orders, shit didn't even begin to be received until September. Prior to my dad passing and me taking most of September off, we told them a laundry list of things. Naming scheme for the laptops laptop should be ProgramName-Serialnumber, that 64bit Office 365 was mandatory due to custom databases, set specific names and passwords for the local admin accounts, and to add a AD group into the local admin group so we have administrator rights, and finally to update the realtek drivers and bios to fix a compatibility issue with headphone jacks. Well, they managed to screw that all up, and I've so far had to redo multiple computers as none of the work was done right.

Cut to today. Due to one remote group that operates out of Oakland being extremely fucked over by this, I get dropped on me today that starting tomorrow until the 13th, I need to work out of Oakland. Also I won't have an office there like I do at my normal place, I'll be in a cubicle with one monitor, and since it's a cubicle, I'll be required to wear a mask the entire time. To say I'm pissed off at the moment at county IT for botching this deployment is an understatement.

BG Level

go in, cough and sneeze a whole bunch. see how long they have you work there before you can remote.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh did I mention my laptop that I need to replace has decided certain servers no longer exist as well as network shares? Thankfully I can get around it a bit but remote right now would be bad. I'm tenured, but I'd still like to eventually get to top pay step lol. Got about another 10k a year to move up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, I woke up, went to the bathroom for my morning poop. As I finished and stood up, my legs felt like they stopped existing. I fell forwards into the wall, trying to catch myself but bouncing off the wall, made my body turn slightly and I fell backwards into the bathtub. I flailed trying to grab anything. If it wasn’t for my shower curtain greatly slowly my fall, I could have smashed my head into something.

Instead, I ripped out shower curtain and broke it. Ontop of that, I greatly bruised my ribs, which I’m assuming is from hitting the edge of the tub. Ontop of that, my back is killing me. And now my brain is in this horrible mental fog where I am having trouble remembering words for things and, like, I just feel....wrong. I can’t explain.

I’ve had a few emotional breakdowns since I fell. I just want this chemo shit to stop but it seems to be getting worse. I don’t know if it’s only the chemo side effects or a possible return of cancer in a different form.

One thing the doctors told me when I was first diagnosed, they wouldn’t stop telling me at how high a chance there was of my cancer spreading to my brain and spine.

I just want a break from this. Give me an hour in a different body.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My sister discovered that her dog had bone cancer when its tibia spontaneously broke. Put her down today. RIP my dog-niece.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    My sister discovered that her dog had bone cancer when its tibia spontaneously broke. Put her down today. RIP my dog-niece.
    God damnit 2020

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

That sucks, dude.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Found out this morning my job will no longer exist starting May 1st.

There's a severance package and a 6 month warning at least, but it doesn't help that I just bought a house.

Probably gonna have to work part time or find a retail job while going back go school for something like nursing or something. Not really sure what else can be done in ~2yrs to achieve the same quality of life. I have an associate's and a couple credits towards a bachelor's but I'm totally lost. Thought I had 10yrs before oil went under.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Oil might bounce back, but it is so hard to predict because the market depends on the consistent collusion of multiple unstable autocracies.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ouch man. Let us help if you things get really tough. I don't mind throwing money at BGers when life gets tough.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Ouch man. Let us help if you things get really tough. I don't mind throwing money at BGers when life gets tough.
    That's really cool of you and I've been there too but don't worry I don't need any bikes or anything we made money on our sale and with salary until may + a severance I basically have the same income until October, then there's unemployment if needed.
    Oil might bounce back, but it is so hard to predict because the market depends on the consistent collusion of multiple unstable autocracies.
    Yeah the company is big into natural gas and it's a pretty strange move, it actually seems unrealistic. They just spent a ton of money here and added a bunch of stuff we're training on, but now it's going to be taken over by texas without offering us positions there? This company really takes care of it's employees, so seeing no positions to transfer yet and all these other signs say to hang on and see what happens.

In the meantime like I said, probably prepare for a part time healthcare job like renew my EMT and CPR instructor which happens to expire 12/31/20 and start taking classes in spring. Just gotta pick the right path for that though, nursing seems obvious but I don't want to deal with a wait list for a program. Rather just bail to something IT or comp/math/sci that I'm already halfway to essentially.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    That's really cool of you and I've been there too but don't worry I don't need any bikes or anything we made money on our sale and with salary until may + a severance I basically have the same income until October, then there's unemployment if needed.
    Yeah the company is big into natural gas and it's a pretty strange move, it actually seems unrealistic. They just spent a ton of money here and added a bunch of stuff we're training on, but now it's going to be taken over by texas without offering us positions there? This company really takes care of it's employees, so seeing no positions to transfer yet and all these other signs say to hang on and see what happens.

In the meantime like I said, probably prepare for a part time healthcare job like renew my EMT and CPR instructor which happens to expire 12/31/20 and start taking classes in spring. Just gotta pick the right path for that though, nursing seems obvious but I don't want to deal with a wait list for a program. Rather just bail to something IT or comp/math/sci that I'm already halfway to essentially.
    I was a tech for 13 years. After a couple injuries and mass layoffs i finally got hit in February. All my inlaws suggested nursing but every doctor told me i’d be back for surgeries after 10 years as a male nurse based on my work injuries. But medical is typically surplus proof so i found an accelerated program for MRI technician. Takes 19 months but its consolidated so might look for those types if they are available. The distance learning was a big impact for me to return to school.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, personal one here

I've been having trouble sleeping lately. REally bad ringing in ears; I haven't been able to use earplugs for a couple months now and my sister is obnoxious. Hoping to get my ears cleaned out next week but..

Hey you college BG'ers. I thought I'd ask here to hopefully find a solution. One of my problems is I don't have a door on my bedroom >.<.. Getting a door is difficult, so would anyone know of any good, noise reduction blackout curtains I could use to muffle my sister's obnoxious habits at night? Thanks.

Really like to find a win here..instead of a fail and headaches/tired all the time.